Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Synesthesia

Kismit

When I was very little , I had the most bizzare thought . I thought about the color blue , and I knew that I could see blue as blue and that other people could see blue as blue. However I was never really sure wether other people saw blue in the same way that I did .

Any way years later down the track and still puzzled by this bizzare thought , I learned of a condition that causes peoples senses to jumble . So that they actually hear colors and taste shapes . Along with a multitude of other experiences . We have touched briefly on this subject before I know .

Here's a link to a story on the subject .LinkyDink :0)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loonboy

• Kismit

• Homer

• schadeaux

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good reading, Kismit. I have read several sci-fi stories about such things, but the settings were either extraterrestrial or extradimensional. It also reminds me of that movie "MASK" where Rocky teaches a blind girl how to "see" colors and descriptions of intangibles through touch. He used cotton balls to describe billowy clouds, a hot potato for red, an ice cube for blue, etc.

I had no idea there were cases where that was actual fact. I bet Esmerelda Jones kicks butt at Simon! smile.gif

I remembering thinking about things like this when I was younger, but never looked too deeply into it. Very interesting article Kismit smile.gif

I have heard colours and tasted shapes, and a lot of other crazy stuff while I was hammered at a party once...

mellow.gif

Hmmm . Been there done that ,

They didn't make you wear a blindfold for that did they L.B.? ph34r.gif