Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Private messages .

Kismit

Saruman ,

I need a little help my PM 's don't seem to be reaching people , and if they do the replies don't seem to be getting through . I get a message notification in my email box but not in my pm inbox . What have I done wrong?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• Bizarro

• Saru

• SpaceyKC

Top Posters In This Topic

It's O.K. Srauman it must have been the fire wall I installed . PM's are working again. smile.gif

Hi Kismit, I hope the PM problem is cleared up now. smile.gif

btw, your new avatar is cool. (as Homer would say) cool.gif

Kismit,

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the problem your describing, but if you have problems with your private messages, one of the first things you should do is clear out some of your messages. Sometimes having a full up inbox/sent box can cause problems when sending, especially if your box is 90%+ full. The messanger won't send anything if your box is full up, so it's always best to keep a bit of space handy.

smile.gif

Thanx Saruman , I try to keep the inbox empty , but I havent quit worked out how to empty the sent Items .

DSwartz the firewall is toast . biggrin.gif

Kismit,

From your inbox, click on the archive messages link along the left hand side. You'll notice a series of choices with drop down menu's, the first choice is Archive from which folder? Drop that menu down and you have the option of deleting messages from your in box, messages sent folder, or all folders. If you want to delete items still in your messages sent folder, just choose that option and then complete the other choices displayed further down (age of messages, number of messages, etc.) click yes to delete messages after archiving and then click 'process'. If you have a valid email address in your profile, a text file will be sent to your address that displays any 'sent' messages that you have deleted, otherwise they are just gone for good. Hope this helps you.

Magikman cool.gif

Thanx Magik , I don't get a lot of messages but I was begining to think I wouldn't have enough room for any soon . smile.gif

Kismit dear, i didn't get those naughty pics you tried to send yesterday. please try again biggrin.gif

wub.gif