Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

fanatic nationalists

R0bby

There is this thing that has been bothering me for some time now. After the september 11. occurings, you americans seemed to be getting more nationalistic by the day. Why the hell is this? Why do you love that weird country of yours so much?

Okay, this forum is abviously not the right place to say this kind of TRULINESS.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• odinsupreme

• Mystify

• R0bby

Top Posters In This Topic

I find this post truly upsetting. Being half American I feel even more offended. image

I don't even want to begin to go into what you have just written, as it is total crap from the start. Don’t try and hide under the footnote you made at the end. How can you post this and expect people not to be offended?

If you have any decency you will retract all that you have said, as it is all verbal diarrhoea.

I believe I speak for everyone when I say you’re on your own on this one R0bby !!  >:(  

R0bby,

You were wise to omit most of what you stated. However, you were a little too late. If anyone is interested, here is the original post by R0bby:

There is this thing that has been bothering me for some time now. After the september 11. occurings, you americans seemed to be getting more nationalistic by the day. Why the hell is this? Why do you love that weird country of yours so much? I bet that if 3 planes crashed down on Amsterdam and on Amsterdam's highest 'skyscraper': De Rembrandtoren, where about 5000 people work, and those people were all killed, that you Americans wouldn't even care. Something like that wouldn't even be shown on CNN worldwide live. It would maybe be in your news for like 3 mins or so, and the next day you all would have forgotten it. Us Dutch would'n begin waving little dutch flags everywhere like you do. Makes me sick, the way you americans think you're Number 1 in the world. 2% of the world population, that produces 35% of the total CO2 emission. Another example: During WW2, your grandfathers went to fight the 'evil' here in Europe. Instead of staying on your own continent for your war games, you came back to us. Because you were afraid that Germany, and not the US would be the strongest country in the world. Then you began to fight those Germans... Every single city you massively bombed. If I go look for old buildings in Aachen, then I'm quickly finished. There are few left that survived the endless bombing. Millions of innocent, nice, german civilians were MURDERED by the US. And then you americans cheered. INNOCENT Japanese-americans were put in AMERICAN concentration camps. And probably alot of Amish too, because they spoke German. Who is real b****** now huh? If Germany had won the war, Europe would now have been further developed than the US, richer than the US, and military we would have been invincible. And we should care for 6000 people who were killed at the WTC? That is your business, and stop bothering us with it! Alot of money was collected with that 'tribute to heroes' TV program here. Imagine this, we, Europe, giving financial aid to THE RICHEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD! That's absurd! The money should have been brought to Russia, were people are really desperately in need for it! when time has come for the US to suffer a tiny fraction of what Europe had to go through in the last 100 years, you want us to suffer with you. You can't seem to handle by yourselves. WTF is wrong with you all over there?

K, I drifted away a little from my real question: why are americans so nationalistic?

If I've offended someone with the text above, I apologize for it in advance.

That was, word for word, what R0bby posted originally.

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

R0bby,

American nationalism is running amok because America has been ATTACKED, and the country is united against the terrorists that attacked us. Not too hard to understand that. You asked why we should love our country so much, and as I pointed out previously, everybody should love their country. But this is more than that, this is uniting much of the world against terrorism. Again, not too hard to understand that.

You stated:"During WW2, your grandfathers went to fight the 'evil' here in Europe. Instead of staying on your own continent for your war games, you came back to us. Because you were afraid that Germany, and not the US would be the strongest country in the world." A little confusing statement. If you mean before WW2, the American's were not on the European continent doing war games, for the American's were ISOLATIONISTS at the time who wanted nothing to do with Europe. If you are referring to after WW2, the U.S. was the leader of NATO, protecting Europe from the Soviet Union, so of course the U.S. was on the continent doing war games. Western Europe would have been scared ****less if we were not there.

You stated: "Millions of innocent, nice, german civilians were MURDERED by the US. And then you americans cheered." The bombing of German cities was not an American campaign, but an Allied campaign used primarily by the British at night and the American's by day. But it was Nazi Germany that initiated the bombing of cities against the United Kingdom before America was even in the war. And I think you should post to the forum the names of the American's that cheered about the death of German civilians. If you can't name them, then you are a liar, R0bby.

You stated: "INNOCENT Japanese-americans were put in AMERICAN concentration camps. And probably alot of Amish too, because they spoke German." and "If Germany had won the war, Europe would now have been further developed than the US, richer than the US, and military we would have been invincible." You fail to mention about the concentration camps in Nazi Germany, and the fact the allied powers were not fighting the Germans, as any educated European would tell you. The Allies were fighting NAZI GERMANY. Although most German's weren't Nazi's, it was the Nazi's in absolute control of the country, and an all out total war was the only way to achieve victory.

You stated: "Alot of money was collected with that 'tribute to heroes' TV program here. Imagine this, we, Europe, giving financial aid to THE RICHEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!." It's because most of Europe, along with much of the rest of the world, sympathizes with us, and understands it's an act of war against all the civilized world.

You stated: "when time has come for the US to suffer a tiny fraction of what Europe had to go through in the last 100 years, you want us to suffer with you. You can't seem to handle by yourselves." The U.S. is, without a doubt, the most generous nation in all the Earth. No other nation on Earth comes close to matching the financial and material aid we give to the world in need. That's a fact that can't be REALISTICALLY argued with. You seem to enjoy going back to WW2 for referrances, so what do you think about the Marshall Plan? After two years of the plan and less than five years after World War II, most of the non Soviet Bloc Europe were at or near prewar levels and industrial production was not merely at prewar levels but 15 percent above. You can thank the United States of America, and only America, for that.

And honestly, putting it perspective, what has the output of CO2 emissions have to do with any of this?

This post is for R0bby.

R0bby:

When the planes hit, it was like someone kicking the proverbial hornets nest. Bad Idea. Then we have crap like this. I shall try and explain this to someone as shallow as you appear to be.

Americans fall under this ideology.

We, can destroy ourselves.

YOU (being all other countries) _CANT_.

I lived in Europe for 5+ years, and, I would by far, rather live in the USA, where I currently reside. I have many reasons for my wanting to be here instead. I have no problem with people living where they want, worshiping what they want, doing who they want, what they want, whatever. Not my problem.

FYI: You said ", the way you americans think you're Number 1 in the world. 2% of the world population, that produces 35% of the total CO2 emission. Another example: During WW2, your grandfathers went to fight the 'evil' here in Europe. Instead of staying on your own continent for your war games, you came back to us. Because you were afraid that Germany, and not the US would be the strongest country in the world. Then you began to fight those Germans... Every single city you massively bombed. If I go look for old buildings in Aachen, then I'm quickly finished. There are few left that survived the endless bombing. Millions of innocent, nice, german civilians were MURDERED by the US. "

I have a friend that drove a tank, for the US in WWII. I have another, that stormed the beaches. They are two of the most honest, upright, trustworthy men EVER. America sent its heroes, my friends, to die for a cause.

Had the USA not intervened, your country wouldn't exist. Europe had NO CHANCE of fighting the armies. America goes there and fights for countries that then turn on them, and say "The US is evil, they killed innocents". I have words for that are not suitable for this forum. So I refrain from anything further on that.

I am not saying that the US is perfect. I am however, stating that IN MY OPINION, it is the best country on earth, and I for one, would die for this country.

You can hate me, but you cannot dispute me.

Chris Strickler

"The thing about us, is we hunt in packs.

ps: R0bby - Use the letter o in your name.

L33t = Scriptkiddy.

Admins - If I offend, I apologize.

Robby,

For a new comer...you sure know how to pick your enemies. Let me guess. Your total amount of thought put into that post was under a second? Am I right. Is this why you decided to back track and correct yourself before we could catch it? Which to me tells me that you know why anyone would be upset with the ubsurdity of your claims. I am disgusted you would even want to debate something as such. You have absolutely NO CLASS and I have lost all respect for you. And I'm sure the rest of the forum members both American and not will share this view.

I could write a book as to why your are SO very wrong... but it's to upsetting and will leave it to anyone else on this forum with enough energy to do so.

:-[(sigh)

Hey Guys..

I hope that you aren't saying that all people in holland are thinking like that, and people who have visited Europe can't say anything about Europe, unless they stayed in every country for 2 years. But there is something in the words of R0bby that is true, I am not talking about things from the past it was nice to help us to get to your own goal. But I can understand why he is talking that way... I had another discussion with homer about this earlier, and we couldn't find the answer..

Odin Supreme 8)

Odin,

Nobody thinks that R0bby has the popular view in Holland, for it was R0bby himself who said that a lot of the Dutch and other Europeans donated to the cause. However, I'm not sure what you mean about the discussion you said we had. I don't recall a discussion.

Odin,

That wasn't a discussion about American nationalism. That was someone giving false accusations, claiming I said things which I did not say.

Number of times I was accused of saying America is the greatest: 5

Number of times I ACTUALLY said America is the greatest: 0

Number of times I was accused of saying America is the best: 3

Number of times I ACTUALLY said America was the best: 0

Number of times I was accused of saying America is perfect: 1

Number of times I ACTUALLY said America is perfect: 0

Number of times I was accused of saying America was the biggest: 1

Number of times I ACTUALLY said America was the biggest: 0

See the pattern. I can understand Reese, for she would argue with me if I said the Sun was hot. She doesn't rationalize, and is lacking in the common sense department. Useless, baseless arguments she initiates for no purpose other than to b****. For proof read: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=generaldiscuss&action=display&num=1000606399,    

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=crypt&action=display&num=993341897

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=ghosts&action=display&num=985782886

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=myst&action=display&num=989568867&start=40

One only has to read the thread that you just referred to, to understand that false accusations have been leveled against me. Those are lies, and I have a problem with that. And when I have to spend so much time defending PROVEN FACTUAL statements from false accusations, that doesn't mean we discussed the subject at all.

Sounds like a debunkers topic :o

I think were losing track of the initial post here.

I don't believe anyone has said anything about all people in Europe or Holland thinking the way Robby does. Why would they? I mean all is a very large amount of people. That was Robby's opinion. Which we are all entitled to. I tend do disagree with it.

but hey... now that's my opinion.

cheers

Mystify,

I know what you mean, a lot of topics seem to eventually wonder off. But I think we can all agree that this initial post is garbage.

Well I don't think that his post was garbage, every opinion must be accepted, but you don't have to agree, and about Reese, I still think that it is crap what you where saying Homer, you always pick on her (I read some posts)...

Odin Supreme 8)

Odin,

You seem to be the only one besides R0bby that doesn't think this initial thread is garbage.

I challenge you to give some examples of me picking on her. It seems I post something, then she has to argue about it with me. The less she knows, the more she argues. Like I said, prove I pick on her.

Odin,

So the FACT that Reese consistently lied to me and the rest of the forum with her false accusations means that I was picking on her ???  Nothing I stated on those posts was false, and if you disagree, then you have yet to explain yourself why.

I don't really understand how the orginal thread has now turned into a discussion about me?? I do not feel picked on at all. I think if I was to feel that, then that would be because I somehow feel intimidated, which I do not.  So, I am not feeling picked on one bit.  I hope that Homer, you are not feeling picked on by me.  I speak my opinion to all people, not just you, and with the 'proof' that you posted, you can see that.  

What I have posted is not a lie, not at all. They are the way I see or percieve a situation or any information that I read or learn.  That is a bit extreme for you to keep saying.  And, if it was directed to you, so you say, then how did I 'Lie' to the rest of the forum?? My opinions are mine, and they aren't going to change because you don't like it.  

So in closing, atleast keep it real, and point out the fact that I argue with most of the members here, not just you Homer.

Reese

I agree Reese.

Homer.. this is I quote from you

"So the FACT that Reese consistently lied to me and the rest of the forum with her false accusations means that I was picking on her   Nothing I stated on those posts was false, and if you disagree, then you have yet to explain yourself why"

Does that not under normal terms fall under the picking on category. I understand reese saying that she doesn't feel like she's being picked on because all debates have there opinions and sides.. so "technically" no one ever is really picked unless they feel intimidated. I personnally dissagree with this INITIAL POST to this thread... but don't think that I am trying to intimidate Robby in anyway.<

So I guess it's how you look at it and what you consider to be "picked on".

We all pick on each other. This is a FORUM and DEBATE room. I pick at your opinions and you all pick at mine. This is reality...

Some people like to pick on each other more than others... but deep down... as much as all of us have never really met expect through words... I would miss hearing some of the opinions you all have if you were to never return here. Meaning that as much as some of us disagree with each other... we all look forward to debating different topics and don't intend for people to take things totally personnaly.  

I don't wish any harm on Robby myself... but lost some respect for him when he lost it for us. As I said... it should not come to this at this forum. That is not what it's for.

Mystify,

You just don't seem to understand what this is all about. It's not really about R0bby's post.

This is about an earlier thread which I started and Odin brought up again, in which I and the rest of the forum(including you)was lied to regarding statements reese and Odin claimed I made, yet I didn't make.

When someone claims I stated something, yet I DIDN'T say it, then it isn't really even an opinion of their's that I said it. They can't even say where it is they claim I said it. For example, if I said you agree with R0bby's original post, yet you clearly stated you didn't, I can't realistically say it is MY OPINION that you said or meant it, when you clearly stated the contrary. To say that would surely be a lie. And since accusations are here for everyone to read, it is to the whole forum that this lie is to.

Also Mystify, that quote of mine you wrote is exactly what I meant. Don't take it out of context. It was Odin who said I was picking on reese, not me.

Hmmm, I read and think, but I do nat say anything... Why? I don't know, I am probably speecheless.. ;)

Odin Supreme 8)

Homer,

I don't think that we will agree in any way, so I won't talk about this again.

Odin Supreme 8)

Odin,

Although I continue to be dumbfounded by your complete absense of understanding, and not seeing  that I have been accused, when clearly the facts have been laid out for everyone to see, I too agree that this should be over.

;DHomer[glow=color,strength,width] ;D