Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Werewolf sightings/encounters

Dre_T_Hunter

Hey I would really like to know any encounters & sightings of werewolves/shapeshifters...

This really should help making the puzzle complete...

(And I don't need any information about the Bray Road Beast only if it's very recent)

D. is searching in every place...

...using all methods!

• Like 1

Werewolf story eh? Grrrr! Ever hear of the "Beast of Gevaudan?" 18th century marauding beastie - accredited with close to one hundred kills. Typically tearing the heads off it's victims. This in south central France. All well documented.

Long list of victims of "The Beast" - invariably women and children

THE BEAST OF GÉVAUDAN

The story of the Beast of Gévaudan was undoubtedly one of the strangest of our time. During the reign of Louis XV, from 1764 to 1767, a very ferocious "Beast" killed over a hundred people - mostly children. The whole episode began in 1764 in Gévaudan (Lozère) - the first victim - a girl 14 years of age (her face was ripped off) followed by others a few weeks later. As the number of cases increased Captain Duhamel, with 56 sabre carriers (soldiers) began to hunt it. However as these forces headed northwards the beast struck to the east, if they moved towards the east - the beast struck in the North. The king then decided to use armed forces and sent 20,000 hunters out, but to no avail.

It was said to be the Devil in person. Then in 1765 a large wolf was slain and sent to Paris. There was a general sigh of relief, but not for long: three months later there were new victims. The Beast was evidently not dead, and was gaining in notoriety and infamy - some thought it to be immortal. General fear and panic among the populace prevailed until 19th June 1767, a Joan Chastel, nicknamed "the magician", killed the beast with a blessed bullet. (some accounts suggest a silver bullet.) The body was then exhibited to the public for some time before being sent to Paris, it arrived fifty days later in such a decomposed state, that it was buried with great haste. No researcher had an opportunity to examine or identify it, and the true nature of the "Beast" remains a mystery to this day.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Way_Beyond
  • Like 2

Ever heard of the "Beast of Gevaudan?"

503090[/snapback]

Yeah already read about that one...

One of the only "maybe truth" w-wolf stories...

Hey but thanks for your post anyway...

D. has one reply...

...waiting for the next...

Hi Way Beyond,

I love the Beast of Gevaudan, it's one of my favourite mysteries. There's a few threads in the Crypto section if you're interested.

• 1 month later...

OK after seeing this I had to become a member and post. when i was younger around seven or eight(I am now 16) I had a great fascination with WereWolves and my uncle told me of this time when him and a friend(he could not recall the friend) were driving around arlington Ohio and a creature had walked in the middle of the road that looked like a big dog whos back reached the hood of the car but was longer and had more mass than any dog they had ever seen he said then it leaped to the side of the road and they drove off quickly. Now I at first called him a liar and said it was BS but i went down to florida 2 yrs ago and stayed with a cousin of mine whos dad is one of my uncles best friends and one night i was talking to him and i said this "did my uncle ever tell you of the time that he and some friends were driving around arlington.." this is where he interrupted me instantly and said a werewolf jumped out in front of the car. now my uncle had not talked to this person for over five years and i had not mentioned anything about this to him before asking him. Also this next story was told to me by my dads girlfriend who grew up around arlington on a farm this happened to her when she was ten and i think she is like 28 or 30 now but the were all eating supper one night and the forgot to feed the chickens that day so they had to run out and do it after supper so her dad told her and her younger brother to go out and feed them so they got out into the shed that the chickens were in and heard scratching and clawing at the side of the shed they both froze in there spot not moving a muscle well her dad then walked to the back porch and turned the light on and he yelled out to them "when i tell you to run i want you to hold onto your brother and run for this door and don't stop until you get to me so they did. she asked him why he told them to run and he would not tell her so one day when she was 16 her father told her that he had seen a shadow of something that reminded him of a bear on the barn by the shed but he said it was tall and slender. so that is my input i think there is a link to the one that my uncle and my dads GF had seen since they were both around the same area

• Like 1

if you want werewolf sightings look up beast of bray road but i warn you its scary dontgetit.gif

ok about the one with the chickens and thing in corner how did the dad know if it was in there? He only went to the back porch and it was dark and you probly cant see in there how did he know to tell them to run they were froze they couldnt say anything?And the light wasnt likely to be close to a chicken coop and it wouldnt be close if he said dont stop untill you get there. So I would have to say its false......

• 2 months later...

Not exactly. It could have been possible that he had a slight wide chicken bridge and could have placed the light next to his head as he looked in and the "werewolf" could have broken through the side. And if you ever need any werewolf stories I've got quite a few.

• Like 1

I like stories like this lol very interesting about them I must say thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Personally I don't believe in werewolves. I love them though. They are one of my fave horror monsters. I would love to hear some more stories though from those who have them.

Werewolves creep me the hell out!!!

WayBeyond, those pictures are cool, but they have nothing to with Gevaudan. Most people believe that the Beast of Gevaudan was a hyena. Other people think it was a muderer who took advantage of the wolfs, claiming that they were the cause. There have been many werewolf stories throughout Europe, but most of those involved madmen that thought they were wolfs.

Very interesting the first story was importent to my studies of werewolves so thank you. The second one raises alot of questions.

Even though Dre T hasn't answered I feel I can't keep you all in suspence and a long awaited story will be told now. Lol even though you probably didn't care.

I used to live this old trailor park. I didn't like it much there (this was before I became Druidic). One day my neighbor came to my door and knocked on it. He asked me

"Do you have a dog?" (this was before my little wounded wolf pup came into my life)

I said "no I don't why?"

He asked "Did you see anything last night?"

I truthfully said "Nothing out of the ordinary. no"

He says "Well what do you consider ordinary because last night I saw a HUGE animal walking around the streat."

I told him "I haven't seen that but now I'm interested."

He says "It walked around on the street and I watched the Huge basturd threw my blinds it looked like a dog It attacked my little skeeter."

I said "Who is Skeeter?"

He says "My dog."

I told him to go home and rest for his loss. That night I couldn't sleep I just kept thinking about my neighbors dog and what attacked it. At about 11:00 pm I was dozing off and I heard a loud THUD hit my rooftop. I then heard what sounded like someone walking on my roof. I walked to the window after i heard another Thud come from my porch. I looked outside (through the blinds so it couldn't see me) and saw the same huge Dog-like creature my neighbor described. It looked more to me like a wolf and it wasn't huge persay rather more around 6' 8" to 6' 11" but yes it was very large. It stood on my porch and it looked around until It saw another one of my neighbor's (some old ladie who I disliked) german sheepherd it attacked the poor dor and slaughtered it only leaving some bones and flesh. Then it ran off.

There were lots of werewolf sightings in medieval Europe, France in particular. However most modern werewolf stories I believe to be fake. Werewolfs are awsome though.

I really do not believe there are werewolfs just running around but if there are i hope they stay in france, cause i never plain on going there! w00t.gif

• Like 1

Lol well you sol then cuz There's one watching you through your window right now

Got the shivers didn't you

• Like 1

Sorry about the long texts thing thought it would be a little funny

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
I'm still waiting for and answer from Dre T

701043[/snapback]

Hey Brother Werewolf,

Sorry for the late answer... (been busy)

I like to hear more from your Werewolf Stories...

D. was kind of sleeping...

...but a hunter has to be alert!!

Dr T, i made a post a long time back about about a friend who lives on a reservation, in New Mexico, if you want to hear about it pm me as it is to long to retype for no reason.

Does anyone think that Warewolves might just be wolves that really need a hug?

Does anyone think that Warewolves might just be wolves that really need a hug?

739486[/snapback]

Hey Zanda,

You know what you can do with your huggy Wares...?

...stuck 'em up your...***

D. doesn't like to be bothered by kinds like Zanda...

...the Hunter smells the blood !

I think you need a hug, but hell! I'm not gunna give it...

• Like 1