Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doppelganger

Loonboy

For the benefit of Odin, here's a new thread:

Neuwelcke, near Womar, on the Baltic 1819

Sixteen-year-old Emilie Sagee from Dijon became a teacher at a school for young well-to-do ladies. Her pupils reported that she would often become two people, that is, when she was in the classroom she would become two versions of herself, for example when writing on the blackboard another Emilie would appear beside her doing the same actions.

Sometimes she would be seen in two locations, at which times she was reported to be paler than normal, as if almost a ghost.

Is this a form of bilocation or optical illusion?

I have heard that some people see a 'doppelganger' or 'vardoger' of a person just before they die, as if their spirit forewarns friends and relatives of coming bereavement, but clearly this case is different.

Any opinions or experiences?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loonboy

• odinsupreme

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Loonboy.. ;)

Well, this is very strange. I thing that it is a hoax, but if it is true, it can only be a ghost, maybe a twin siter that died by birth, but could's let go of her sister.

Odin Supreme 8)

Good theory Odin, but why would the live sister go 'paler' when the other appeared, as if she herself was substantially less than her former self?

Hmmm. There are other cases too.

That's simple... The dead sister lives "inside" the woman. Everytime when she leaves her sister, the spirit needs energy, energy from her living sister. The real sister has a lack of it on that moment so she becomes pale!

What are the other cases by the way?

Odin Supreme  8)

I'm sorry, what was your theory again?

That Emilie had a twin who died at birth and subsequently haunted other people by using her live sister's energy and also inhabiting her at the same time? So this twin not only died young, but grew up exactly like her sister, dressed exactly like her each day, and mimicked her every move?

I might even buy that if it wasn't for the fact that Emilie did not have a sister, and that she later committed suicide over these incidents because they prevented her from leading a normal life. Surely she would not act thus because of a ghost she had no knowledge of?

Hmmm.

Plus, it doesn't sound at all likely. I've never heard of a ghost inhabiting anyone at all. I've heard of spirits taking possession of a person, but to do so had to suppress the person while they were there. And in such cases, they remained inside the person, not as an apparition outside....

Other famous cases:

Goethe saw a friend of his wearing his dressing gown as he walked home after a rainstorm. When he arrived home, the friend was already there and had gotten so wet, the housekeeper had told him to change clothes and wear Goethe's dressing gown for the meantime.

Yeats appeared to a student colleague about whom he had been thinking with regard to giving him a message. The student saw Yeats but nobody else did at the time. Later he appeared again and gave the student a message, which incidentally was exactly the message Yeats had intended him to have. At the time Yeats had no knowledge of appearing to him. The student was hundreds of miles away at the time.

Ok, uhm, eeeh, I am out of explanations...  :-/

Odin Supreme  8)

ps,

Weird, very Weird...