Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Taming Gravity

UM-Bot

news icon rEver since electricity was tamed in the 19th century, the idea of manipulating gravity by altering an electromagnetic field has been the subject of intriguing experiments and occasional bursts of irrational exuberance. Physicists insist that because gravity is a basic force of nature, constructing an antigravity machine is theoretically impossible.

But recently, and not without some reluctance, they have begun to consider another possibility.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Popular Mechanics

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• Axle13

• _hAiLO_

• Mr. Blonde

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...now we are manipulating alien technology...

prepare for War of the Worlds laugh.gif !!

Na, but serisouly. Didn't Telekinesis(Psychic phenomenon), UFO's(UFO phenomenon) and Ghosts(Paranormal phenomenon) manipulate, or overcome the force of gravity?

I saw a program on something similar involving the control of gravity on the TLC channel. It's called the Hutchison Effect if you want to look it up.

Thats pretty spiffty, but doesnt India have a gravity manipulating, altering, and or controling machine that they will unveil around 2012? Hohoho, theres that year again.

It seems that everything that we label theoretically impossible becomes quiet possible because we humans just wont give up and will make something work if we want it bad enough!

alien.gif I looked around a little on the web for Hutchison Effect, Project Green glow, and HTSD research. The didn't seem to be much after year 2002. Last I read said they could not get more than a 2% variation in gravitational pull.

I'd like to see some thing more up to date. yes.gif

I heard a russian scientist first perfected a HTSD some months ago?

also, the hutchieson effect is completley different and entirely unknown in the sence that nobody know how it works.

Wow, I read the article and can say that it's seriously wild. The concept appears theorectically possible, and I hope I'm around to see an actual demostration.