Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General chess talk

Thistle

Careful, DBTFG! Subby's EVIL! devil.gif

tongue.gif

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• Subtemperate

• Elfstone810

• Talon

Im not that evil, just in my hands and chest areas....

The rest of my is innocent wink2.gif

Bah!

Looks like I'm going to lose our game.... Subby!

I dont count chickens before they hatch.... The game isn't over yet original.gif

lmao Elfy, sorry

devil.gif

There once was a woman named Thistle

who could checkmate you slick as a whistle

She captured my queenie

the horrible meanie crying.gif

(she says that she's not, but she istle!)

tongue.gif

I have a few spots open. I'm not sure who needs games played?

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Diebytheflyguy

I'll play you. yes.gif

I'm about to go to bed right now, though. sleepy.gif

Oh, and I don't know how to create a new game on RHP. Do you? I'm elfstone810. original.gif

devil.gif

There once was a woman named Thistle

who could checkmate you slick as a whistle

She captured my queenie

the horrible meanie crying.gif

(she says that she's not, but she istle!)

tongue.gif

553310[/snapback]

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I think I'm going to have some serious timing difficulties in this tournement, I'm really only able to be online from 9am - 5pm/7pm GMT+1 Monday to Friday, which means for anyone who can't be online at those times games are going to be played on a one move a day basis, that's far too slow.

I guess I'll either have to see how things go for now or graciously bow out, which will be a shame because I do enjoy it thumbsup.gif

Hey, Barman! I know what you mean, as my schedule hasn't been meshing well with anyone for the last few days either. sad.gif Maybe we could figure out a way to post times when we're going to be online and set up dates in advance? I think I can manage to be online sometime when you're online, but I'll have to plan it. If I'm figuring the time difference right, I think you normally come on just after I go to bed and go off before I make it back online. hmm.gif

Anyone know any GOOD strategy sites or books? I've been reading one I found at the local library called Beginner's Chess Course, but it's been really annoying me and I just figured out why. They'll set up a scenario and then show you how white beats black, but black always makes stupid moves that leave an opening! The author even writes things like, "n3h-4f! What was black thinking?!?" It's like, Chess 101: How to Beat Dumb Guys.

I'm thinking a better book would show you each player making the best possible move and then explain how you decide what your options are to counter it.

Just thought I'd drop into the thread and mention that I am also a member of the Chess Site and would gladly take on anyone who wishes a game.

Username - Kuja

See some of you around

Wah! Burnsey, please go put me out of my misery! crying.gif I just cut my own throat and I know it. I realized it right after I hit move. crying.gif

(And it's not like he really needed my help anyway! tongue.gif)

On the contrary, that's a fine move, theres no where i can move that Knight without it getting taken now.

However, i'd probably be more concerned with protecting your King. devil.gif

I was having a drama queen moment. I forgot I still had a rook I could move down to protect my king. See, you went and captured my poor queen and now I'm all rattled! crying.gif

tongue.gif

hahah! fret not, there are still many ways to win!

I dreamed about this game today! hmm.gif I had to substitute in a kindergarten class and I'm not good at waking up early, so I stayed up all night. By the time I got home I was just about able to make it to the bed before I zonked, so I didn't come online first and check my chess games. I dreamed about this game! Only the parking lot at the school became the chess board and all the pieces were teachers and students and buses and things. Weird!

hahah that's great! Although i do think you're playing to much chess, or getting a little to stressed out about it, if you're actually dreaming about the games. laugh.gif

Although i do think you're playing to much chess, or getting a little to stressed out about it, if you're actually dreaming about the games. 

I used to have dreams about chess when this tournment started.... now all I have is dreams about Sailor Moon.... hmmm

*lip trembles*

crying.gif

you are cruel bardude!

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons

The teacher all the kids were scared of was your (evil) queen. wink2.gif

Holy..... I just saw I only have 2 more games other then the one I am playing against Gollum to go.....

I am back to losing again sad.gif

I am back to losing again 

[

Hey, Subby! Wanna play some more? devil.gif

Go right ahead... I think ive played a total of 60 games since I joined up th site.....

Another loss Id pretend not to notice, a win i'd rub in like it was sun tan lotion.... wink2.gif

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Subby's evil!

crying.gif