Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Survey - Time Travel

JesusFreakGS

Just wondering: Which of you think that Time Travel will one day be possible, and which of you think that it is impossible? Just want some statistics... cya!

Adam

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mystify

• JesusFreakGS

• odinsupreme

• Dakoda

I think that with time we will discover a way to travel through time. Who knows? This ability could be right under our noses without us knowing so!

:-* Dakoda

In theory, I believe it's possible. In reality, I believe it COULD be possible. :D

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

i definalety think it is possible, and i think it happens now,by that i mean that years from now it will happen even if it is just a mind thing and not actually a physical thing,so i think that when it does happen,surely they come and see us now.i know i would. ;)

C.

That depends on what you think that Time Travel is. Rellu going back in time and change things so that they are changed in the futere. Or going to anther dimension and that there is our past.. If you mean the second it is possible. But if you mean the first, it can't be done because the past is gone, and something that is gone can't be visited.

Odin Supreme  8)

Picture this: Let's say I was to walk down the street and see my future self. Okay okay. And then I grow up and go back in time to see my younger self walking down the street. And then that younger self grows up and so on. Time seems to be a continuuous loop. So if we time travel, whatever we do has already happened in another part of this time line, hasn't it? So the only way anything in the past, present, or future can change, is if someone or something from OUTSIDE time comes in and starts messing around with things. THAT is when timelines change and create other universes! Just a theory I just made up... pretty interesting I think.

Anyway, the past isn't just GONE... is it? If the past is gone, then there is no foundation for the present or future, and we wouldn't be here. Last year, I took a vacation in California... so the past is still there... if it wasn't, I couldn't have gone to California and I couldn't be remembering it right now. Well, that probably doesn't make any sense, but oh well.

Adam

Odin,

Knowing that we do not yet have such knowledge and technology that may someday enable us to visit the past or future, I would not jump to such conclusions as the past being completely gone, since there is no evidence to prove that being true.

JF,

You've got a pretty good theory going their, though.

image Dakoda

Well, I didn't really meant that the past was gon, but that it is behind us, it is over, like a book that you have closed..

Odin Supreme 8)

Okay. The book is closed. But that book still has a story in it, and maybe that story has a mysterious character in it with strange technology... a time traveler. So sometime in the future, a time traveler has to go back in time to make that happen... thus, the book is opened. Like with the Egyptians... they were able to make huge pyramids... possibly with the help of somebody from the future. So until one of us decides to go back in time and help them, that book HAS to open. What do you think?

Hmm, well another possibilaty to go to the past is by the mind. I think that the brainwaves of humas still excist after their death. So if we can "collect" them ans then "listnen" to them we are in the past.. There is another thing that I was thinking about. If the past is there, there is aslo an future, so it must be  possible to go there, if it is possible to go back..

Odin Supreme 8)

Picture this... Just an example: If somehow your life came into contact with a time machine so many years from now... you could easily test your theory by simply making a promise to yourself.

By this I mean... Ok... I know that In the year 2036 i will come back to the past and 2 hours from today... write down on a piece of paper... the winning lottery numbers and drop them off on my current desk.

Now myself... If I kept that promise to myself for the rest of my life, and I actuall had the chance to do so. Then 2 hours from now... I'd be so rich. 8)

Ah, I think I see what you're getting at! That's the kind of stuff that I fantasize about at night--it gets me pretty excited over what future technology holds for us--all the more possiblities of better life styles, more freedom, etc. I hope I'm not getting carried away with the topic here... ;D

image Dakoda

Well... the future has a lot in store for us that is for sure. If we really think about it...our technology is so advanced right now that we know time is all that really holds us back from doing anything technological. Given the right amound of time and effort...if we can think it right now... it will happen someday.

I think, in my opinion, that the majority of civilization already accepts this theory. And because of this we are (well I am) at a stage in evolution where we know our purpose isn't to build and create technological wonders. We will do it... none the less, but I myself am just opening up alot of doors to spirituality and have started doing so within the last couple of years. Thus I think that within the next little while people will start asking them selves alot more "why are we here".

I read a book called "The Celestine Prophecy". It spoke a little about this in one of the chapters. I won't go into it too much but highly recommend the book to anyone with an open mind. James Redfeild is the Author. Look it up if you get a chance. 8)

Mystify,

I find your post a little confusing.  

“our technology is so advanced right now that we know time is all that really holds us back from doing anything technological.”

Please can you elaborate on this.

Tommy

Tommy,

Sry about the confusion. It was hard to put into words what I was thinking.

Let me try again :)

Our technology right now is very advanced compared to what we know about past technology. We are at a stage in evolution where we know that it's just a matter of time (most not to distant) that we create or accomplish even better technological advancements.  ie: We as humans want to someday fly humans to other planets(besides the moon...like mars). Well so far... we've done and accomplished many of the basic steps and are alot closer to getting there than ever before and it's just a matter of time. We know that it WILL be possible and not just a dream. As most people from the last 100 years or prior would have laughed at the idea or never thought it possible.

If that doesn't kind of help... forget it cause I'm having my own difficulties with it here. lol :D

Mystify,

Although I have yet to read James Redfield's Celestine Prophesy and the Nine Insights, Mentalcase and myself discussed a little about it. MC stated there was a part in there which had insight into vortexes and other dimensions and the like. Sounds interesting, and as I told MC, a little far fetched. Did you read the whole book? And what do you think of the book?

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

Actually I did. 3 Times :) and four copies later. I end up buying a few for other people just so they can read it and I must say and very honestly that at the time I read the book... it was the one thing my life really needed. It was very inspiring and opened up many new doors for me that I could never close. I normally don't promote things like this, but insist on reading it if you ever get the chance.

I have also read the tenth insight, which I also thought was good. But the first was better. If you go to the web site... you will get alot of info.

www.celestinevision.com

The "Celestine Prophecy" is strongly based on spiritual awareness.  There are parts which sound a little far-fetched, but not far enough to dismiss.  If you need a grasp on your spiritual side James Redfield captures that with every book he has written. Other books he has written; "Celestine Vision", "Tenth Insight", "Secret of Shambhala In Search of the Eleventh Insight."  All great books!

P.S. Since I'm promoting this, shouldn't i be getting paid?  Where's my percent?  ;D

Maybe someday we will invent a computer program that can receive messages or files from the future.  The mind and/or spirit is very much unexplained. Someday we will know more about remote viewing and premonitions, and possibly find a link between time travel and the mind/spirit. :)

hmmm.... I wonder. Do Aliens have time travel capabilaty??? hmmmmm..... intresting

If we created some sort of inter-temporal communication device, and we told ourselves, "okay, in the future, I'm going to use this to talk to my past self", then we would get a message right away from our future self! Interesting, eh?

Adam

So, if I typ this here and in 2 hours I go back in time and I post a reply to this, but before I posted it. Wouldn't it be dangerous, because I would never had posted this, because I would be wondering how my reply came here.... ???

Odin Supreme 8)