Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An early close encounter

Althalus

In June 1901, the first recorded close encounter of the third kind occured at Bournerook, West Midlands, England, when an object like a 'hut' was seen in a garden by a youth. It contained two small men, under 4 feet tall, wearing khaki suits and helmets, one of whom approached the witness before returning inside. The object created an electric glow around its base and took off skyward with a whooshing noise.

This is all I have on the case.

Whats everyone think?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loonboy

• bigsteff

• Althalus

• Kimm

If that storry is true that was real aliens (and a real UFO)

Well d'uh!

huh.gif

Anyone ever notice how the style of Ufo encounters varies with different generations? In the sixties, it was the classic flying-saucer shape as reflected in the movies. In the late 1800s it was the flying-airship. In medieval times it was the burning-cross.

Says more about human interpretation than interplanetary visitors, methinks.

smile.gif

an object like a 'hut' was seen in a garden by a youth. It contained two small men, under 4 feet tall, wearing khaki suits and helmets

Sounds like a typical Tory cabinet meeting. huh.gif

On a serious note though, as Loonboy pointed out it's interesting just how varied such reports are. If we were being visited by extra terrestrials in this way, surely the reports would be a lot more consistent.

loonboy what's your point exactly....

is it that e.t has been seen flying different ships through the ages

hmmmmm let me think.....crikey so have we...airships and now a spaceshuttle

think they might be like us,,,always want a better and faster ship/aircraft

look at those earthlings they have a areoplane thing called concorde..i want a flying triangle laugh.gif

Personally I still think that most of the modern day UFO and alien sightings are just modern examples of fairy sightings, all that has happened is that as we ave become more advanced so hav our perceptions of the fairies.

My point, bigsteff, is that people are definitely seeing 'something' but human psychology seems to be intervening.

We seem to be projecting our own ideas onto what we are seeing, rather than seeing it for what it actually is.

I believe that we have been visited, and that those visits were from different kinds of entities. Naturally they would have their own specific means of transportation and naturally that would change over time, but, for medieval folk to see crosses in the sky at a time when the Christian religion was spreading seems worthy of note. For people to see airships when our own technology was developing the first airborne vehicles is also something to consider...

yes well we all know about these religious nuts throught the ages....

i mean come on ...your a witch,,,,take the test...

if she floats she's a witch,,,if she drowns she's a good christian woman...oops and she's now with god.......

but your right some people see what they want to see,,,,i have a seen this before in modern times....people who see a face in a rock....i looked at it,,,couldn't see the face he seen but..i did see another 2 that were clearer than his laugh.gif

I find the Idea of the Human psychy playing apart in interpreting peoples discriptions very interesting . Of course Medievil folk would not have stood around going " Hey!! did you see that It looked just like a Boeing 747 that did" So I think that interpretation has also come down to what the people of that time had to compare it with .

In the originall post Al put up , there is enough information to still be able to put it into a classic alien encounter case . Only it lacks detailed discription on the actuall Aliens themselves, like color.

Speaking of color though why do you think in the 50's Aliens were seen as little green men and now days they are more often classified as Grey smile.gif

If that storry is true that was real aliens (and a real UFO)

Well d'uh!

I didnt mean it that way (I sounded a "little" strange tho!)

I persom sees a bright light that moves towards him and e thinks that it is a ghost then tells someone that he had seen this bright light but not that he thought that it was a ghost he has told a true storry. But maby if this light where just a car driving towards him and he then tells someone that he had seen a ghost then the storry isent true becos he didnt see a ghost!

And here we go again wacko.gif

Kismit,

In the 50's aliens were seen as little green men because of the pulp fiction book that where available at the time and were so popular, people read about and saw films of aliens that were green and so saw them as green.

Later on in the present people see grey's because of again mass media, and also because that is how everyone sees them.

Thanx Al but I allways assumed it was a chicken and egg question . Which came first the alien or the media hype?

Perhaps we just arn't visited by the green variety anymore . Does anybody know of any documented little green men encounters , other than the green children ones?

how were aliens seen as little green men in the fifties

wasn't tv still only broadcasting in black and white laugh.gif

Kimm, I understand (I think) what you are saying. A person has reported their experience as it was for them. In that way, they were telling the 'truth', but the truth is very subjective and very much depends upon the person.

Lol @ TO biggrin.gif

Kimm, I understand (I think) what you are saying. A person has reported their experience as it was for them. In that way, they were telling the 'truth', but the truth is very subjective and very much depends upon the person.

Lol @ TO   biggrin.gif

yes thats right biggrin.gif

How could you say that loonboy about Kimmy .. They might be real aliens .. what don't you believe in them any way mad.gif

Kimmy is right you eather like it or not smile.gif

The best part about the 50's monsters being in black and white was that you could imagine them in whatever color you want them to be in. Then again aliens in books are described with color, the movie posters usually appeared in color and most of the time the aliens where depicted as green.

How could you say that loonboy about Kimmy .. They might be real aliens .. what don't you believe in them any way  

Kimmy is right you eather like it or not  

Kimm's comment was like saying 'an orange is orange coloured' - well d'uh! I wasn't having a go, just wondering what the point of the post was.

As for aliens, I've made my point on my beliefs on countless other threads in this forum and I have never said I don't believe in them - in fact I rather think that they are real and numerous but perhaps not quite what we classically define as 'little green/grey men'.

ph34r.gif

how were aliens seen as little green men in the fifties

wasn't tv still only broadcasting in black and white

True Big Steff but Bloated Corpse allready explained this one for me . biggrin.gif

have to take your word on it....way before my time lol laugh.gif

They're before my time as well, I just happen to know because I tend to watch the old movies when they're on. Using the great database known as the internet you could find images of the movie posters from those movies.

• 2 months later...

I find myself, not for the first time, agreeing with Loonboy. People are seeing something and because they lacked a point of reference they used an object or some form of symbology from their own period to describe it. I'm a firm believer in the fact that many ghost, alien or fairy sightings are one and the same thing, just described differently due to the perspective of the witness. It is all a function of pattern matching which is a survival trait built into human eyesight.

What i don't agree with LB on is aliens being here, but i think we may have trod that path before! grin2.gif

Well, everything I thought about alien encounters being described in terms the people of the time would understand has already been said. So that's was my post. Maybe the greens sold the rights to our planet to the greys, and that's why so many people see them than the green ones.