Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Barbara Bush says Hillary will Lose

twpdyp

Barbara Bush Says Hillary Clinton Will Lose In 2008

Ex-First Lady Addressed Students

POSTED: 9:30 am EST March 25, 2005

MODESTO, Calif. -- One former first lady is offering predictions about another.

Barbara Bush said former first lady, and current senator, Hillary Rodham Clinton will be the Democratic candidate for president in 2008.

But Sen. Clinton won't be the nation's first female president, at least not according to Mrs. Bush.

Mrs. Bush, 79, said Clinton will lose in the next election.

Mrs. Bush also predicted Condoleezza Rice won't run for president in the next election.

Mrs. Bush spoke to high school and college students in Modesto, Calif. She told them she never dreamed she'd be the wife of one president and the mother of another.

As for the current chief executive, his mother jokes that when he was a boy, she "just hoped he'd grow up."

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/4317443/detail.html

I hope and pray she is right about this, I am afraid of the Hilda Beast. Very very very irrational woman.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• Seraphina

• SilverCougar

• Neo2005

As for the current chief executive, his mother jokes that when he was a boy, she "just hoped he'd grow up."

Maybe, one day, he'll finally do so tongue.gif

Personally...I think Hillary Clinton has a pretty good chance...what was it? 48, 49% of voters voted for the democrats anyway? Add to that figure all the femenists in the country who'd probably vote for her regardless of her politics....

Yes, being a feminist I will vote for her, unless Condi Rice runs.

Babs...just out of curiousity, do you agree with her politics (you are, after all, agressivly pro-Bush), or would you just be voting based on her gender?

I think Hillay has a good chance more so becuase she will be the flavour of the month cause she's a woman.

Not that i don;t think having a Woman presidenet is a bad thing i think it's a good thing.

But i think that it might be the only reason alot of people vote for her

Yes....although...there have been a disproportionate number of disasterous women leaders in the past huh.gif

OMG, that's a scary thought that women will vote for her just because she's a woman. no.gif

I agree tongue.gif However, if it means getting the republicans out of the White House, then I consider it a stupidity worth suffering :tongue.gif

Definatly Republicans out

Democrats in

Although unfortunatly there pretty much the same thing

each party has its own monsters in the closet...each has it's own political agenda and unfortunately neither agenda cares about what's best for the American people.

I hope Hilary doesn't win. Her politics just aren't quite up to par with moderate Americans. She's trying hard to move closer to the middle, but it's not happening.

Although I can't imagine who would run against her and win.

Just because she is a woman??... NO WAY... I personally think Hillary Clinton is the anti-christ! tongue.gif

But no.. on a serious note... I don't really think it is time for a woman to be President of the United States... I wouldn't vote for one... unless they REALLY impressed me. thumbsup.gif

Hard to say.... and it's to early to tell. Assuming she is the best canidate for the vote.. I'll vote for her.

I will vote for Hillary because it is time for a woman president, period. However, I do agree with her politics on women's issues, I am pro-choice. I am for the environment, cleaning it up (polution) I am for the animals and do not want us drilling for oil in our country at the expense of our wildlife. I am for minorities_ against any prejudice. But I do have concerns about the war on terror, and what Hillary will be able to bring to the table as far as fighting terror and stabilizing our country's security.

I would like to add, I think it would probably be better if Condoleeza Rice ran. A woman and a black, two minorities right there, plus she is geared for the fight against terror.

Rice already said in an interview she would not run for president. So I guess your going to be stuck with Hillary, Babs.

The last women candidate, lost my interest the second she said, "Men are the reason for all of the worlds problems." Blah, just can't go around saying that and expect to get elected.

That is.. not the right thing to say if you want to run for president. There isn't enough militant feminests out there that would vote you in even into the primaries...

it won't matter who runs or who wins, haven't you all figured it out by now?

we will get somebody who wants to grow the government, increase its power and do everything they said they were not going to do when they ran for the office.

Rice already said in an interview she would not run for president. So I guess your going to be stuck with Hillary, Babs.

The last women candidate, lost my interest the second she said, "Men are the reason for all of the worlds problems." Blah, just can't go around saying that and expect to get elected.

548698[/snapback]

Kratos...who said that?

Hillary? hmm.gif Maybe she was taken out of context. huh.gif Maybe she was talking about war. .....And how women traditionally don't want war...or do war.

Geraldine Farraro? might not be spelling that right either... just like any group of people... some can be absolutely vicious and malicious and violent and corruptable and influenced... say N. Korea makes a dumb statement on the first day of madame president's cycle...

Madame president will never be that young laugh.gif ...that is to have a 'cycle'. Women calm down and become more like men after menopause...and men become more like women in their change of life (aging period).

Yes, some women can become violent during PMS...Look out Kim Jong Il. "you ain't got nothin' over "a female in heat'." laugh.gif

(But as I said before, a woman president won't have PMS...or a cycle)

Edited by Babs