Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
KiwiMystic

Red Mark appeared on my face moments ago

29 posts in this topic

Something unusuall happened.

After finishing a shower I came into my room and as usuall glanced in the mirror and noticed a Dark Red Mark between my eyebrows (top of nose). It's a line about 2.5cm long and half a cm wide. It doesn't feel like a bruise but it looks like one. Actually, it reminded me of a bindi mark or something like that. (I'm not indian)

At first I thought I must've had some ink on a top that I had put on so I grabbed a face towel and dipped in soapy water to rub it off..well it didn't...it's still there. I don't know what it is. Does anyone know what may have caused this?

2 people like this

You cant be serious. Obviously a polterguist lives in your bathroom and is upset because you used the last drop of shampoo without replacing it. I would call the ghost hunters immediately. Take some electromagnetic readings and set up infared cameras right away. Also take some digital pictures of your stigmata markings and post them here for evaluation.

1 person likes this

I thought to myself.. hmm This person which started this thread has "Kiwi" in their nickname, therefore I'll drop on by into this topic.

Moments later, I'm somewhat disgraced of my New Zealander status because of posts like this.

You can make my day by telling me you're from some very, very distant place outside NZ.. happy.gif

Posted (edited)

What are you on about Kerkido....

I'm not joking, this mark somewhat suprised me...never seen such a thing in that area of my face in my whole life....I searched google....and ended up here.....

It just seemed strange to go have a shower with no such mark on my face then to come out with it is weird to me.....

Edited by KiwiMystic

Lets see some pictures. We get these kinda posts all the time.

I don't have a digital camera or scanner...I do have a webcam but the lighting in my room ain't great plus it is night (11:21pm) here in nz

Even if I did take a cam pic....getting a close up of my problem would be distorted looking.

All I can say is, I'm glad I don't have work today! having the mark there looks silly...

K this sounds stupid but I thought about what I could've done in the shower to have this mark there, and I came to the conclusion there is nothing I can think of. I never used any facial wash, soap or anything on my face beside the water coming out of the shower....the water was not hot enough to make the mark, I dunno

I'll check back here to give an update if it's disappeared or not.

Well.. It's not often that I come across two Kiwis in one night,

nice to meet you.. and your red mark.

Posted (edited)

LOL, I gotta add, it aint a PIMPLE

Yeah, I've never been a forum such as this before, but I must add it's really interesting!

Edited by KiwiMystic

Interesting and quite possibly intrezitting (in your case, it may not be an unusual red mark at all, perhaps too much easter chocolate in the weekend than recommended?)

Mozzie bite?

Huh? Do Mozzies come in all the seasons? Right about now it's sort of freezing.

I've seen a LOT of them recently. Quite big ones, too.

As big as my head!

Or not wink2.gif

Nope....it ain't a mozzie bite...like I said in a previous post, I went to have a shower with no mark and then came out with one!...

I didn't have any easter eggs this year sad.gif

The only thing bigger than your head are your stories!

What does au stand for?

It's from Bro' Town. Never mind, I was trying to be a smartarse.

My stories are normal sized, thanks.

So there I was in Iraq, when I noticed a bearded head scurry down a hole...

Seriously, Mystic it could be a vein?

LOL it definately ain't a vein...

It's not a lump...it's just a plain Dark Redish Mark......

I would recommend going to see your Doctor if it's still there in a couple of days.

More than likely it's something with an easy explanation.

Yeah ok

Indeed...see a doctor about it. If nothing else, there's not much anyone in the board could possibly tell you without seeing a photo of it tongue.gif Also...if I suddenly found a weird mark on my body, I'd be heading down there anyway to make sure it wasn't something I should be ignoring.

sometimes we bang or rub ourselves hard and don't realize/feel it... and sometimes marks just... appear. My guess is it'll be gone in a few hours or by the end of the day... if it looks like it's infected or starts to hurt or itch or something you might want to go get it checked out... but it's probably nothing.

sometimes we bang or rub ourselves hard and don't realize/feel it... and sometimes marks just... appear. My guess is it'll be gone in a few hours or by the end of the day... if it looks like it's infected or starts to hurt or itch or something you might want to go get it checked out... but it's probably nothing.

Not to resurface an old thread, but I too have experienced this beginning yesterday.

I have pictures.

http://mj.atopia.net/scratch/dirlist/pictures/P1010022.JPG

http://mj.atopia.net/scratch/dirlist/pictures/P1010009.JPG

Odd that someone else has experienced this same thing.

Mine come and go about 3 times per year, and I've never been inspired to take pictures until now. i'm going to go to the doctor this week though it will probably be gone by then.

Explanations :

-Insect bite

-Fever

-Very high air temperature

LOL it definately ain't a vein...

It's not a lump...it's just a plain Dark Redish Mark......

Hi. Did you ever find out what your red mark was? I get exactly the same thing when I have a hot bath or shower. It's been happening for about 20 years with me. Bit of a family joke in fact.

Hi. Did you ever find out what your red mark was? I get exactly the same thing when I have a hot bath or shower. It's been happening for about 20 years with me. Bit of a family joke in fact.

This thread is SIX YEARS OLD. The OP is long gone,

You have a patch of skin prone to heat rash (or something like it) . It's nothing, a lot of people have it.

Edited by Moonie2012

Kiwi mystic--I was led to this site because I was searching for answers because I had the exact same problem it looks like a hickey or lovebite right after you take a shower on the bridge of your nose in between your eyes and it's embarrassing and it will stay there for about two or three days and then finally go away and I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the problem is and the only thing that I have come up with is thatit only happens when I take a warm or pretty warm shower or hot shower for sure it appears on the top bridge of my nose and doesn't go away for two or three days