Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aliens among us ?

UM-Bot

news icon rAliens may be living among us, say two scientists, who argue we may even carry some alien genes. Australian researchers Professor Paul Davies and Dr Charles Lineweaver outline their hypothesis in the latest issue of the journal Astrobiology.They say the aliens in question are likely to be primitive microbes that sprang up some four billion years ago.

At this time the Earth was being buffeted by a hail of meteors and giant asteroids during what's known as the Archaean bombardment.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: abc.net.au

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zandore

• Occams Razor

• Walken

• Xzenox

Thats a very intresting idea. I think human life may even be extra terrestrial.

I can see there being truth in that to and extent... I'm not totally intrigued by the figures listed but I suppose the possibility is out there. yes.gif

i believe that this could have some truth to it. we may well be extraterrestrial ourselves, why would they visit here often? maybe to see how we are developing over the years? alien.gif

The article is purely speculative. It's still not been confirmed that microbes exist outside our own environment, and we have 2 australians trying to justify that we may have "alien" elements in our genetic makeup?

At 95% odd for aliens living among us or in us are better odds than God being real at 67% odds. grin2.gif

I have read somewhere that we did come from space as an experiment. Just to see if it's possible to exist on this planet. Maybe they are coming here to see how we are doing? ???? disgust.gif

I have read somewhere that we did come from space as an experiment. Just to see if it's possible to exist on this planet. Maybe they are coming here to see how we are doing? ????

Long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away, there were 2 sects of an alien species. One sect was an entirely scientific one who believed that evolution happens. The other was a religious one which believed that only god can create complex beings. They decided to conduct an experiment, they would start life on a planet far away, named Earth, and see what would happen to it in the course of billions of years. Years later, they annihilated themselves over the interpretation of the current evidence.

tongue.gif

^LMAO!

And sadly not long after that the subjects annihilated themselves in one of their many many wars!

I dont really get it,?

Timithy Good writes some far out storys of aliens on earth,.......

Ahhhh,I get it.Maybe thats why there visiting us.To check out how there ancestors are doing.Like a family tree,and maybe why men have nipples.? huh.gif

Men have nipples because we're all born as default woman. End of story. If I hear that question one more time I'll kill someone.

Men have nipples because we're all born as default woman. End of story. If I hear that question one more time I'll kill someone.

574988[/snapback]

laugh.gif Yeah, I started that thread out of just being curious.

As for the aliens among us... sure its possible. What better way to study a lifeform then to observe it? I don't think that they are connected with the goverment but just here on their own wanting to know more about spieces 92354638 (a.k.a. "humans"). original.gif

unsure.gif The surprise will come when Earthmen, walking on another planet, will have a creature slither by and say" What took you so long to get here! We have been waiting for centurys!" wacko.gif

I have read somewhere that we did come from space as an experiment. Just to see if it's possible to exist on this planet. Maybe they are coming here to see how we are doing? ????

Long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away, there were 2 sects of an alien species. One sect was an entirely scientific one who believed that evolution happens. The other was a religious one which believed that only god can create complex beings. They decided to conduct an experiment, they would start life on a planet far away, named Earth, and see what would happen to it in the course of billions of years. Years later, they annihilated themselves over the interpretation of the current evidence.

tongue.gif

574343[/snapback]

Amen. yes.gif

• 4 weeks later...

how do we explain children who are so smart they know more than the rest of us put together, are they here NO BUT THEY LEAVE US TRACES IN THE CHILDREN THEY FATHER AS THEY PASS BY!!!!!! disgust.gifdisgust.gif

unsure.gif The surprise will come when Earthmen, walking on another planet, will have a creature slither by and say" What took you so long to get here! We have been waiting for centurys!" wacko.gif

575136[/snapback]

Think how much more of a surprise it'd be when they find out that the aliens look exactly like us - because they are us! Makes sense, doesn't it - if we originated from some other planet wouldn't the people there be the same as us?

They are on Tatooine happy.gif

Aliens don't exsist, Just deal with it.

580043[/snapback]

ROFL. Whatever you say.

Thanks for adding that worthless post to the otherwise peaceful convo.

580043[/snapback]

ROFL. Whatever you say.

Thanks for adding that worthless post to the otherwise peaceful convo.

632245[/snapback]

Yeah really.

580043[/snapback]

really? wheres your source to back up such a strong claim?

Absence of proof is not proof of absence!

really? wheres your source to back up such a strong claim?
Yes references please

• 4 months later...

We are pretty primitive if we are soo cocky that we think where the only Intellegent life form.... I mean whales are intellegent but we still eat them right??

:alien:

Edited by Xzenox

Heres an idea whales are the aliens they have just figured a way to convert there bodys into small more useful bodys and they are starting to come up here to get revenge im sure soon we will be there main course of the day!

• 6 years later...

The article is purely speculative. It's still not been confirmed that microbes exist outside our own environment, and we have 2 australians trying to justify that we may have "alien" elements in our genetic makeup?

Yep, a suspicious mind might think they were chasing research grant money.

I sent an email to a uni professor who was advertising an "astrobiology" course asking how exactly he benchmarked it. I never got a reply, can you believe that.

We are pretty primitive if we are soo cocky that we think where the only Intellegent life form.... I mean whales are intellegent but we still eat them right??

alien.gif

Speak for yourself, I eat baked beans.