Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Books

Just curious on who likes to read what?

I love fantasy, favourites are-A song of ice and fire series by George RR Martin

Wheel of time series by Robert Jordan

Crown of stars series by Kate Elliott

Thats to name but a few.I also like a bit of horror, Stephen King especially.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• schadeaux

• neen

• Sukato-San

• Blood Angel

I'm a bit eclectic and the last few books I've read are:

The Two Towers - JRR Tolkien

Forensic Detection History

Casebook Of A Psychic Detective - Dixie Yeterian

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon - Stephen King

cat.gif

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon - Stephen King[/b][/i][/size][/color]

cat.gif

LB I've heard this is one of his scariest books, is it?

I like Fantasy books also, my favourite books/authors in the genre are:

The Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan

Discworld Series - Terry Pratchett

David Eddings

Tom Holt

The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien

A Song of Ice and Fire - George R.R. Martin

I also read paranormal books:

Unexplained Phenomenon-A Rough Guide Special - Bob Rickard

This Haunted Isle - Peter Underwood

Mysterious Happenings

Alien Base - Timothy Good

I also like other factual books such as:

The Mummy - E.A. Wallis Budge

Rack, Rope and Hot Pincers-a history of torture - Geofrey Abbot

Mystical and Sacred Sites - John and Anne Spencer.

To name a very few.

Hmmm ...

at the moment , Dianna Gabolden"s "Outlander" series. Catalouged in the Library as Historic/Fiction and/or SciFi .

All I can say is I love them kilts and this series is a must read .

I like auto biographical stuff . eg ."So this is it ?" Bob Galdoff

but mostly I stick my geeky little self into a paranormal reference book of some kind , divination / meditation /Tarot reading /palmistry / ghost stories /U.F.O.'s ect.ect. cat.gif

I am also a bit eclectic as to what I read, I like books by Tom Holt because they make me laugh, I like horror, especially James Herbert and Stephen King, however my interest in reading has suddenly waned because I work with book all day long at the library where I work (ahem) and i cant stand the site of them when i get home gggrrrrrr. ....ok going to have medication now brb

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

i like to read those horror, sci-fi, crime, murder mystery and some fantasy. i do read some 'geeky' stuff too. laugh.gif

Lately I've been reading Dean Koontz novels: after finishing 'Seize

The Night', I'm now on 'Shadowfires', and after that, 'One Door Away

From Heaven' original.gif

I read just about anything. Sci-fi, Horror, Comedy, Fantacy, History, Occult, Documentary. I love short story collections of sci-fi and horror (short attention span).

And I only buy the magazines for the articles! wink.gif

Neenron, it's a thumping good read - unputdownable (ahem). Not particularly scary, more gripping (like the Blair Witch Project).

KC, my fave Koontz novel is 'Strangers'. A good read. But I started to find Koontz to be a bit biggotted somehow, and stopped reading him.

sad.gif

I forgot my favorite. A serial thing, about 13 books, called "Traveler" by D.B. Drumm. Think dime novel Mad Max ripoff.

original.gif

KC, my fave Koontz novel is 'Strangers'. A good read. But I started to find Koontz to be a bit biggotted somehow, and stopped reading him.

sad.gif

Well, LB, you know what I think of bigots! disgusted.gif

So far the only mention has been about surfer dudes

and Neaderthal man (and only in a good light) wink.gif

Still, I've just finished Shadowfires, so I'm on to a new

author. original.gif

I've read all about 4 or 5 of Stephen King's books, my two favorite of his are Pet Semetary and Bag of Bones, but I like all of them.

I've got most of Dean Koontz's book waiting to be read I like Fear Nothing, Seize the Night and Phantoms the best so far.

I read a lot of Sci-fi one of my favorite authors is Alan Dean Foster some of his books are funnier than heck, my favorite has to be Jed the Dead, Cat*A*Lyst, Quozl, Glory Lane and The Damned series. Although I think The Damned series gives a lot of credit to the imagination what aliens might really want to do with the aliens known as humans.

I also read the magazines for their articles. wink.gif

I indulge my geeky side by reading some computer manuals.

My favourite Books are "The Vampire Chronicals" by Anne Rice.

I have read all of them and am now waiting desperately for the next installment grin2.gif

My favourite Books are "The Vampire Chronicals" by Anne Rice.

I am such the huge Anne Rice fan!!!

Also, I read a lot of fantasy, mythology, occult, poetry and I also love the classic novels. Authors besides Anne Rice I like are: H.P. Lovecraft, J.R.R. Tolkien, Edgar Allen Poe, W.B. Yeats, and Shakespeare (my absolute favorite!) just to name a few.

As for my magazine weakness...I subscribe to Astronomy, Discover, Scientific American, Realms of Fantasy, and Psychology today.

As someone who loves to read; this list only hits the tip of the iceberg. user posted image

anything about "true hauntings", paranormal activity, Witches & Witchcraft, Stephen King, Religious Debates & Commentaries.

wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif oh, yeah......and Harry Potter

• 2 months later...

dont anyone read stuff like :

FUGITIVE PIECES by ANN MICHAELS

ALCHEMIST

GOD OF SMALL THINGS

lord of da ring woz da last book dat i read

readin harry potter - order of da phoeniks now 2 humour my kiddo

rolleyes.gif

ill read any non-fiction book. i like certain classic fictional books, but they have to be really good to keep my interest. mostly, i just go to the thrift store and find something i know very little about and read a book on it. ill do the same with any of the classics that i haven't read yet. i never pick up a useless book though- one without knowledge to be gained. i despise detective books, horror, or any meaningless fiction. come to think of it, the only fiction books i like are ones about social issues: 1984, Animal Farm, Lord of the Flies, Fahrenheit 451, etc.

i keep filling in the blanks in my knowledge. i am the kind of person who will read a 2500 page nursing textbook because i have to know what nursing is all about. i read extremely fast and with insane comprehension. i should be a researcher.

I'm a big fan of classic literature, so I don't read a lot of "new stuff". I liked the List of 7 by Mark Frost, though. My favorite books are:

Count of Monte Cristo (UNABRIDGED!!!!!!!!!) by Dumas

Shogun, Tai Pan, and King Rat; by Clavell

Treasure Island by Stevenson

Through the Looking Glass by Carroll/Dodgeson

Le Morte D' Artur by Mallory

Don Quixote by Cervantes

Oh, and of course Harry Potter! I was wrong not to throw some propers at it!

As for magazines, I read Golf Digest and Newtype (THE anime magazine).

For the articles, of course!

Edited by Sukato-San

I'm a big fan of classic literature, so I don't read a lot of "new stuff".

i'm a fan of the classics myself, although I dont limit myself to them. I love the Harry Potter series...

However, my favorite book of all time(since I was 11) is Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. What can I say? I'm a sucker for period dramas...

I am also a huge fan of swashbucklers so Alexandre Dumas' works are faves, as well as , R.L. Stevenson of Kidnapped and Treasure Island.

Others:

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracey Chevalier

If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor- an autobiography of Bruce Campbell

I must be the only freak here, heres what i like to read: UFO books, Astrology books, War storys, conspiracy books, comic books, heres my fav reads:

The necronomicon

The lords book of goetia

Dogs Of War (dunno who this is by tho)

The Day Of The Jackal(written by the same bloke)

Janes encylopedia of Weapons

Neon genesis evangelion Comics

Lucifer by the bloke who did sandman(execellent comic series of books)

I don't what this says about my personality, but My favorite things to read are instruction manuals for just about anything there is. Well, That, and the backs of cereal boxes

Lucifer by the bloke who did sandman(execellent comic series of books)

Neil Gaiman.

He also co-wrote the novel, with Terry Pratchett, Good Omens, which is the funniest book I have ever read.

And believe me. Being a member of this forum, it's up against some pretty stiff opposition.

Personally, I worship at the alters of Stephen King and James Herbert but I'll pretty much read anything