Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Megalodon in captivity?

Megalodon

if they do and im out boating and i see it coming beside my boat im seriouslly gonna p*** myself lol

cuz imagine seeing a 80 foot shark coming at ur boat tongue.gif

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dragonlady_mothman

• Conspiracy

• Meg_Man

• Luka the Rentboy

i heard somewhere that Meg was a relatively shallow-water critter and if its moved into deeper oceans and changed its diet, its no longer meg. if it stayed in the shallows...well, we've all heard the, "We havent found one yet, so it must not exist" argument on everything else discussed on this board...

I actually never thought of that.

Megalodon WAS a shallow water shark.

If it IS alive then its a deep water creature now...

But is 10,000 years really enough time for such a drastic change?

Now I'm not too sure that they're still in existence.

i heard somewhere that Meg was a relatively shallow-water critter and if its moved into deeper oceans and changed its diet, its no longer meg.  if it stayed in the shallows...well, we've all heard the, "We havent found one yet, so it must not exist" argument on everything else discussed on this board...

607971[/snapback]

We've said everything thre is on the subject!

Next step: Anyone has a picture of a Meg please?

imagine surfing and this coming at you tongue.gif

[attachmentid=14488]

post-15903-1115403337_thumb.jpg

i posted several when i first came on here, and a few teeth. you arent going to get a photograph, so how accurate they were...

Meg: Primal Waters has an awesome flashback seen. an ice age island tribe thingy ive never heard about worshipped sharks. sharks were gifts, sustenence sent from the deep they knew there was a shark king somewhere, whose giant teeth washed up on the beach.

they met their maker.

i wanna find these books lol

i wanna find these books lol

608860[/snapback]

The books are all available from amazon, or from the authors homepage as mentioned in the first post in this thread.

There is no evidence that I am aware of that the meg is a shallow water shark.

That sounds like a fact from one of the books

which is fiction

the pictures of the meg are all showing it has white skin and is an albino

funny that same as the one in the books

we have no idea what colour they were as all we have is their teeth

there is no megalodon in captivity

there was no megalodon caught by a fishing boat

there is no great white in captivity either

people have tried and they just die

they think the main reason is because the great white like the megalodon is an ocean going shark.

it wont live in a cage

It needs personal space

hehe

w00t.gif

plus imagine how much money it be to feed a megalodon? be like feeding it a elephant weekly

great whites need bigger tanks and more in them to give some sort look of their real home if they want to kept them in captivity for longer then a few days to a few months

great whites need bigger tanks and more in them to give some sort look of their real home if they want to kept them in captivity for longer then a few days to a few months

609247[/snapback]

Despite your name you seem remarkably badly informed about great whites

they are ocean going sharks

they cover hundreds of miles in a week looking for food

you gonna find someone with a fishtank hundreds of miles wide.

there are a few on the earth's surface

we call them oceans

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

lol

hmmm maybe Megalodon was always a deep sea dwelling shark, but the whales it hunted or w/e would come closer to shorelines so megalodon would follow to feed, now megalodon probably feeds off deep sea dwelling creatures such as collasol octapus's, giant squids, and other creates we havnt discovered yet

mighta been someone on here, but another pleasant thought is if egg-laying sharks lay their eggs in the shallows...whay if we're finding teeth of pups?

great whites cant be kept in captivity, i hear, because they sense the metal and electric currents in the tank, and bang their heads against the walls trying to get to it.

That was only with one shark because their ampullae of lorenzini went off ( and that's also why some sharks have been known to attack boats) and marduk their are lots of animals that are ocean swimmers such as orcas, but then again their not held in captivity or taught to do tricks are they rolleyes.gif and they usually hunt and travel in pods while in captivity their is only 1 or 2. Changes can be made, after everthing we have achieved on this planet you think a small thing like GW's need their own personal space would stop us and don't say anything like orcas aren't predators becuase they have been known to KILL GWs. Also most GWs travel about a few hundred miles everyday but , so yeah yeah i know know nothing on GWS aye laugh.gif you should be an expert on them laugh.gif

Welcome to the forums! original.gif I just saw the attached photo and it looked like they put a pic of a large shark and another piccy of kids beside it. And it looks like the took the piccy on a farm! tongue.gif

Hope you enjoy your stay at UM!

thanks, and yeah the pic looks fake but pretty well done i think

either way a megalodon would never be able to live in captivity, even if they do manage to get a great white itll never happen for a Meg for many reasons like the tank would have to be huge, and feeding a meg would be god damn expensive

ampulae of Lorenzini (sp?) are neat litle things. i heard about a guy who will reach his hand off the side of the boat and feel the shark's nose to mess with those little jelly-filled buggers. The shark kinda goes, "...huh?"

did you all see the guy that grabs great whites by the bridge of the nose and

hypnotizes them for a few seconds? thumbsup.gif

That was only with one shark because their ampullae of lorenzini went off ( and that's also why some sharks have been known to attack boats) and marduk their are lots of animals that are ocean swimmers such as orcas, but then again their not held in captivity or taught to do tricks are they rolleyes.gif and they usually hunt and travel in pods while in captivity their is only 1 or 2.  Changes can be made, after everthing we have achieved on this planet you think a small thing like GW's need their own personal space would stop us and don't say anything like orcas aren't predators becuase they have been known to KILL GWs.  Also most GWs travel about a few hundred miles everyday but , so yeah yeah i know know nothing on GWS aye laugh.gif  you should be an expert on them laugh.gif

610397[/snapback]

thanks for admitting that you know nothing about this subject.

btw comparing a mammal to a fish is a bit of a laugh don't you think

like you are a complete idiot that thinks he knows something ?

their ampullae of lorenzi went off ?

lol next week you'll hear about something called the lateral line

w00t.gifw00t.gif

like you are a complete idiot that thinks he knows something ?

Lets try to avoid the personal insults please Marduk, it is possible to debate the topic without resorting to flaming.

ya marduk ur going a lil to harsh there

if there was/is a megladon in captivity somewhere,what are they feeding the damn thing?whales,elephants,hippos,moose?what?something 80 ft long has bound to have one hell of an appettite!

user posted image