Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you believe?

Delacorr

If i am not mistaken, myths and legends are stories...if these threads are for myths and legends, how come we talk about "true encounters" when we know that they are myths...Centaurs are proven not rto be true, and nobody talks about them...chupacabra?...who knows?

• 1 month later...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• Delacorr

• uranium101

• thepsychoticseaotter

Probably because 99% of so-called "myth" has a basis in reality. Unfortunatly most people dismiss this as modern day "scientific" thought dismisses any Ideas that conflicts with logical fact. (sorta like the old school Catholic church did)

Any way What we are discusing is usually the large amounts of evidence that points to the existance of "unexplained" phenomina.

A quote that I particullarly like Delacorr goes something like this ...

"Myth and Legend are nothing more than rumor coupled with time ".

As I learnt recently because of this forum the legeng of King Arthur may well have originated in Italy. A soldier or saint from Italy was rumored to have embedded his sword in a stone about the same time as the legends of King Arthur surfaced.

Legend = Rumor + Time original.gif

i think that a myth happens earlier than time than a legend unless you're talking living legend. tongue.gif