Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jim Morrison

_Nyx_

Jim Morrison was born in 1943, so, if he were still alive, he would be 66.

Here is the problem.

It is known that Morrison was a heavy drinker and likely drug user. So he probably still would have died between 1971 and now, even if he didn't die then. So how could they cover up his "real" death after his fake death? And WHY would they?

Same with Elvis.

What if he stopped using drugs and alcohol?

If he did fake it he probably would have obtained a new identity and he'd die with that identity. They wouldn't have to cover it up.

If he didn't change his identity and someone found out Jim Morrison died for the second time why would they tell? Who would they tell? Who would care to even hear such a crazy story?

He probably wouldn't even have to change his name and his second death wouldn't even be noticed, because he would just be some guy who happens to have the same name as the guy from The Doors. Jim and Morrison are not uncommon names.

• 1 month later...

Oh come on people. Think about it for one second. If this bloke was really jim morrison, why dont he just prove it himself? Why doesn't he just visit his old band mates, friends whatever. Why dont he get a full check up, just to prove the point? Its because it is not him! I love the doors, and there music, but this bloke is not jim morrison full stop. If it is, he is doing the wrong way about it letting people know through dvd's lol. Its a complete joke!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is a bit random, but I have met Jim Morrison's cousin. He was a teacher at high school in my former hometown, Wallingford, CT (US). At first, when I met him he was tutoring my ex boyfriend, I didn't believe a DAMN word he said. Yes, his last name was Morrison, but that meant nothing to me. Until he whipped out some very old family pictures. He showed pictures of himself with Jim as a kid and growing up. I couldn't believe my damn eyes! I went home and looked up pictures online of Jim as a young man and they looked exactly the same. They teacher was old (late 50's at this time) and had no reason to lie. It all started with me wearing a Doors shirt while going to pick up my then byfriend. More info later.

But he did say that he was 100% certain that Jim was dead.

I know this is a bit random, but I have met Jim Morrison's cousin. He was a teacher at high school in my former hometown, Wallingford, CT (US). At first, when I met him he was tutoring my ex boyfriend, I didn't believe a DAMN word he said. Yes, his last name was Morrison, but that meant nothing to me. Until he whipped out some very old family pictures. He showed pictures of himself with Jim as a kid and growing up. I couldn't believe my damn eyes! I went home and looked up pictures online of Jim as a young man and they looked exactly the same. They teacher was old (late 50's at this time) and had no reason to lie. It all started with me wearing a Doors shirt while going to pick up my then byfriend. More info later.

But he did say that he was 100% certain that Jim was dead.

I would also like to add that his first name was Gordon. I tried to track him down, short of going to where I know he works. I wish I was a bit older when I met him, so I could ask him more about what it was like to be related to Jim. However, this is all the information I have.

• 7 years later...

I saw a show recently called Chasing Conspiracies. They interviewed a man who worked in a Paris night club Jim frequented during the time Morrison passed. He swears that Morrison died in the bathroom of this club of an overdose and the club owner insisted that he and some other workers take the body back to the apartment....they snuck it in while a drugged Patti was sleeping and dumped it in the tub with hot water to disguise the time of death and left. As it's just his word, take it for what it's worth. It's another possible scenario.

There's really nothing unexplained about Jim Morrison's death.  Despite what some folks would have you believe, it was really quite straightforward and well documented.  Many people saw the body, and reams of report were filed.I know it's not as thrilling as making it into an unexplained mystery, but it's explained, and not at all mysterious.

19 minutes ago, coolguy said:

He could have nobody saw his body after he died

Well, that's not actually true.  Many people saw his body.  There were rescue workers, police, doctors, funeral workers -- it was a regular parade grounds in that apartment after he died.  The "nobody saw his body" thing was something Danny Sugerman came up with to help sell "No One Here Gets Out Alive".  It simply wasn't true.