Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Succubus

Fox Lupine

An online resource for everything pertaining to the demonic female spirit known as a succubus. Includes the history of the succubus starting with Lilith, examples of Succubi including the Lilin and Rusalka among others, art featuring the succubus both as individual pictures and as part of a gallery, poems & lyrics about succubus, as well as succubus stories, articles, books, products and more.

succubus

n : a female demon believed to have sexual intercourse with sleeping men [syn: succuba]

Source: WordNet ® 1.6, © 1997 Princeton University:

and the link

http://www.cyodine.com/succubus/

If you read through this page, we can even see our race knows of several particular succubi....

What?

I'm just intrested to know the opinions of certain people on UM. anyone?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TooFarGone

• Fox Lupine

• DJ_Quinn

• Milady

The Incubus is the male form of this demon right? Or, its male counterpart.

grin2.gif

admittedly, i didn't know that. i'll chek that out

anyway, what are your thoughts? i would go as far to believe in demons. Would this include succubi, however? or are they seen differently

I dont know about the Succubus. Almost seems like another thing that was made up to portray sex as an "evil" act.

I've always loved the idea behind them. A female demon that invades mens dreams, using their memories as a base, they pervert and distort the memory into a nightmare. If the succubus is successful in killing the man during the dream, she claims his soul. I've always thought it to be a really cool story, actually, I'll look and see if I can find the book I read that in.

Lilith didn't start out as a vampiric demon

she was a moon goddess in sumeria and babylon a long time before the jews got round to demonising eveything that was good in the culture of their jailers

uhhh where can u find this succubus?

• Like 1

The Incubus is the male form of this demon right? Or, its male counterpart.

626867[/snapback]

Correct.

uhhh where can u find this succubus?

627279[/snapback]

In your dreams...

• 11 years later...

Incubus is the male version of a succubus. People think that you would literally see things like what the legends say all the time but, that's not the case. You have to have the right "gifts" to see what lies beneath the surface and what others can't see is really there. They look like ordinary people to most people and even to those with "gifts" until they are, let's say doing what they do best and maybe when getting "eager." Bars are sometimes like hunting grounds for succubus. Guys aren't the only ones on the prowl at the bars after all. However, you might meet them just about anywhere and you'd never know it until, well you know. I don't know everything about them either though. Don't be so literal and try to keep an open mind. There is a lot more out there than most people know.