Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Question for our New Members......

Magikman

I'd like to address this question to our new members, if I may be permitted. Being that the majority of you live in England, (and I really don't mean to slight the Scottish members, I'm not sure if you are victims of this same phenomena :-/ ) what are your thoughts and opinions regarding the crop circles that are constantly being 'discovered'? It is quite a hot topic among members here, but sadly, we face numerous restrictions when it comes to forming a reliable and credible viewpoint about possible origins and/or causes. Formations in the states are very rare and amateurish, I don't think crops grown here lend themselves well to being folded over and trampled down, plus our farmers tend to have zero tolerance for trespassers (although, now that I think about it, certain animal mutations tend to be almost exclusively American, don't they? But I digress......) I'm totally unfamiliar with many of the locations that appear to lend themselves to crop circle formations and how they relate to populations of people and/or how accessible they may be to hoaxers. Additionally, I'm curious if there was any noticeable reduction in formations during the 'mad cow' crisis? Any thoughts would be appreciated, even if they are of a general, this is what most people think, type of opinion.

MAGIKMAN

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PurpleStuart

• dalia

• Magikman

• Tommy

it is difficult to tell (without reaserch)if crop circles stopped during the latest cattle crisis, as our media dont seem to be reporting crop circles in fields since several groups of people have said(and proved)that they were involved in the making of these things.i for one dont think there is any connection between crop circles and alien contact,that is just my opinion and i have no problem with people who do beleive. ;D

one more small point is that the last cattle crisis was due to "foot and mouth disease"and not bse.

I would have thought that crop circles apearing during that time would have stopped due to the large fines that were being threatened by the uk gov for trespassing on contaminated land.

hope this was some help.

and if anyone knows any different please let us know

;D ;D

Magik, , if you’re looking for crop circles in England, look no further than Wiltshire. Easily the biggest name for crop circle occurrence.

http://www.cropcircles.co.uk/tourism.htm

I found this link concerning foot & mouth and crop circles, but nothing on the BSE crisis. It’s more about how tourism is effected by it rather than the formation of them, but still quite interesting.

http://www.swirlednews.com/article.asp?artID=64

Tommy

Sorry to butt in Magikman, but I believe Americans are experiencing mutilations, not mutations.  ;)

I would be interested to hear more about your crop circles, however. The pictures I have seen don't seem to lend credence to hoaxing unless the hoaxers are coming and going from air support.

Dalia

There was a television show, documentry actually, that showed how people make crop circle.  It was either on FOX or the Discovery Channel, I can't rememeber which one.  But it is possible for people to make them without leaving trails going to and coming from the aforementioned crop circle.

As far as i understand, the majority of crop circles have been proven to be unrelated to Alien contact but not all. I'm not saying that the unproven ones are/arn't alien, but no-one has stepped forward saying it was them.

I don't remember there being any crop circles during the Foot and Mouth crisis, but that may just be because i'm not so interested in them.

Somewhere on the net there is(was?) a website for crop circle makers but i don't remember the URL, i'll see if i can find it again.

Sorry i couldn't be of any more help

a few years back, a few students i knew would go and make a few rudamentary crop circles in the fields of local farmers, they were usually drunk and the crop circles were anything but circular.

when investigating crop circles the first thing to look for are beer cans! ;)

I do seem to recall crop circles appearring up here but I can't for the life of me remember where or when.  I will see what I can find out for you...

While I was living south of the border in the South West, they'd appear all the time.  Epecially, as Tommy mentioned, in Wiltshire.  

:o ;D

A lot of them were in Wiltshire and Somerset and there has been not so many since the 'foot and mouth' crisis. But I must admit whoever they were made by I admire the hard work although I doubt the farmers did!

Yep i think that was the one, i recall it looking different though...