Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Werewolf Sighting

VirtualSanity

Oh great,my first topic >.<.

My topic is based on the fact that I have wittnessed a werewolf in the woods near my camp house.I'm a local Mainer,and am pretty much used to weird sights,but this,was the things that where origanlly supposed to stay in young childern's story books and in campfire tales told late at night--I was wrong.

My mother,father,a friend,and I where relaxing by the lake's shore under the glowing light of our campfire,laughing and telling jokes,when a black figure caught my eye.I hushed Emily and told her to look into the woods,as the snapping of a twig brought my attetion to another spot.A massive,wolf-like creature stood in the shadowed area of the forest.It stood on hind legs and made rather muffled growling noises as it moved,as if talking to itself.It stared at our two shocked faces for at least five minutes,the growling noises pointing in our direction.

Emily was whispering to me muffled sentances,I told her to be quiet,and then the beast was gone...

I'm not lieing,although the beast missed my parents eyes,Emily and I wittnessed a beast beyond the average imagantion,or most humans,anyway.

I am still frightened to this day to wonder if the werebeast still exsits in Miane,or if it was trying to tell us somthing,beacuse the week after there was a terrible forest fire near the town genral store.No-one was killed,and it was put out,but I still dare to wonder if the man inside the werebeast's body was trying to tell some-one about the fire.Perhaps it was arson,and he wanted to warn some-one,in hopes of stopping something before it started?

Unbeliveable,as most I think will find,as basicly all the people I have told the tale to have regcted it and took it as a lie.PLease belive me,as so far,no-one has.

Signed,

Kate Allen.

• Like 7

Were you dreaming at the time? You would be suprised at the amount of people who haven't considered this.

• Like 3

did u see it out of the shadows? cuz if u only saw the shadows it could have been a bigfoot or bear, cuz all storys of were wolvs resolvs in them atttacking and killing people, so if it was a were wolf it would have attacked

Maybe a bigfoot ? I only say this because the standing on hind legs .I don't know how many BF sightings there are in Maine, sounds more plausable than a were-creature. A angry black bear sounds even more plausable innocent.gif

I don't know it sounds as though it was at night, and shadows can be very deceiving, especially in the dark. The added campfire light couldn't have done wonders for your night vision either, honestly it could have been any number of animals wondering around the woods. I have seen plenty of strange and unusual things in the Maine woods, most of them are just simply mistaken identity of other animals. However I don't know what you saw so I can only venture a guess as to what it was.

Oh and welcome to UM fellow Mainer!!!! original.gif May I ask what part of the state you experienced all of this?

• Like 1

As far as I know there has never been a bigfoot sighting in Maine hunkydorey. I would also assume that it was probably our good friend the Maine Black Bear, they can be quite intimidating if you aren't expecting to see them.

Werewolf or not, I say there is no connection between the beast sighting and the fire. There's not enough info to link the two.

I asgee with Cendari. I think there is no link. The fire happened a week after? WAs he a time traveling were?

Hmmmm... That part just dosent make sence.

• Like 1

i dont think werewolves are real, i've tryed all the ways to become one, and have yet to suceed. grin2.gif

• Like 1

This person is just a wum (wind up Merchant)

Ignore them.

640111[/snapback]

A bit unfair that Wedge we have to get more info and make our own decisions rather than jump straight in with your comment..

My comment would be how do you know it was a werewolf and not a bear or Bigfoot... the whole werewolf concept really does not work for me, shapeshifting from human to wolf form... Are there any bidgfoot sightings around where you were, did you stay there that night knowing this thing was around? and welcome to UM.

Edited by XSAS
  • Like 2

As far as I know there has never been a bigfoot sighting in Maine hunkydorey. I would also assume that it was probably our good friend the Maine Black Bear, they can be quite intimidating if you aren't expecting to see them.

640058[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree a black bear..maybe like that Stephen King book , with the little girl lost in the woods . Or maybe some hairy old hippy on a bad shroom trip freakin out in the woods . I have no personal experience with BF. In our neck of the bush they are called Yowies . But always was curious as to why there are not many BF sightings in New England as there is alot of wild country up that ways ?

• Like 1

There is a lot of wild country hunkydorey, but I think if we assume for a moment that bigfoot is indeed a real animal and not a myth, than we can probably assume that bigfoot like other animals in the wild has it's own "territory" so to speak. I think the vast number of bigfoot sightings in the US are usually seen in the Northwest and in the Rockies so I would imagine that if they are real that the New England climate or terrain just wouldn't be suited for them. It's essentially the same reason we don't have Grizzly Bears lurking around.

• Like 1

Yes, but there have been many sightings of the'skunk ape' in the South East . I am sitting on the fence as far as bf, skunk apes are concerned . But, if they do exist, I assume they are the same animal . I have read about a few sightings in New York state . Maybe you are right, the climate is too harsh for them geek.gif

That's true I hadn't thought of the Skunk Ape. I really don't know why there haven't been any Bigfoot sightings around here, I can really only venture a guess, however I think between the climate, terrain, and perhaps even vegetation it's just doesn't add up to the proper environment for an animal of that size. Really there aren't a lot of large animals in these parts.

Ok, that's it! I'm buying a dysfunctional family size box of milkbone's and heading north! user posted image

Think of the fortune I'll make selling that rug on Ebay! user posted image

tongue.gif

Too funny GoddessWhispers laugh.gif I love the smiley face camp thingy you have there!

Seriously we'd love to have you...drop on in anytime the state is always open.

right look I've been drink'ng do I can officlar thar are no- skunk apes bigfoot yefi etc

right look I've been drinking do I can officlally announce that there are no- skunk apes bigfoot yefi etc

[

Thats my alchol fueled way of denying cctptozoology

get me some silver 12 gauge buckshot and a hat, and i'll find that wolfy

• Like 1

I'd have to go with the bear explanation myself..People think of bears as large, fat bulky creatures that are unmistakeable, but standing on their hind legs they can sometimes seem quite a thin and even wolf-like..

Especially if they've recently emerged from hibernation with their fat reserves low..

Add this to a psychological factor of a large creature near you in the woods at night and you've got a recipe for a "Werewolf" if I ever saw one..

right look I've been drinking do I can officlally announce that there are no- skunk apes bigfoot yefi etc

[

Thats my alchol fueled way of denying cctptozoology

641158[/snapback]

Well good for you, thanks for sharing.

Yep. It's good to share..Well, not in this case maybe, but generally.. tongue.gif

Yes I agree every one should be sharing their thoughts and opinions. It wouldn't be a good discussion board otherwise.