Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Star Wars Galaxies (the game)

Bizarro

i dont know how many of you are actually interested in this game but i have been a beta tester for the last few months.

this game blows. just thought i would warn anyone thinking of wasting cash on it. i won't be buying it.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bizarro

• Saru

• Ronin6th

• Starlyte

My boyfriend will be interested in knowing this. Thanks! grin2.gif

sometimes, Ronin. i got to see the game before it was released and play it for a few months. i also had to put up with a ton of bugs and try to submit them for repair. sadly, this was the all time worst beta test ive ever been a part of. they were censoring posts left and right in the beta group forums. naturally, i hated having my opinion silenced, but the real issue to me was that the game developers continuously ignored helpful advice from the testers. the product they have will reflect just how bad things can get when developers don't listen to a gamer who is telling them the game they have created is just not fun. instead of listening, they would just delete your comments and threaten to kick you out of the beta. after all, they had dozens of fanboys waiting to fill your spot who would never criticize their game, no matter how bad it was...

Well ((DSchwartz)) I did not try that game ... but I have tried a nother one ... it is called ((THE SIMS)) grin2.gif ... I got adected to it ... but now I am adected to this web site ... blink.gif

Yep and the strategy of LucasGames is to rely on fans to waste money their ugly-quick-made games. It's like recently with "Enter The Matrix" that I heard it was not really good.

Fortunately I'm not a Star-Wars addicted, I used to play a lot more before, I had a great involvment with games like Fianl Fantasy VI on Snes (I think it's the best EVER!!!), Metal Gear Solid which was awesome, Tenchu (first one because 2 sux!), and Shenmue 1 and 2...! original.gif

And I'm also looking for a good sparing partner at Street Fighter Alpha and Virtua Tennis 2 ! wink.gif

Thanks for the warning DS. I’ve got Jedi Knight 2 and think its an awesome game. The next Star Wars game I’m after will be Knights of the Old Republic. (any inside info on that?) wink.gif

Yeah Ronin, Enter The Matrx is a terrible game, riddled with glitches and shoddy graphics, and is over way too quick. IMO The game tries to be too many things. ( a shoot em’ up/beat em’ up, driving, sniping, piloting, sorta game, which unfortunately doesn’t deliver on most of these levels.) sad.gif The hand-to-hand fighting and bullet time is fun.

It’s only worth buying for the extra movie footage, which will probably be included in the dvd release of the movie.

crying.gif

I’ve got Jedi Knight 2 and think its an awesome game

I've got that aswell, definately one of the best games I've ever played.

Looking forward to the upcoming Jedi Knight 3 grin2.gif

• 1 month later...

When's KOTOR coming to PC, damnit?!

i do not know about that one, but Jedi Acadamy is coming to the PC on 1st November here in the UK

• 2 weeks later...

Althalus I do not know if you are aware but a site where you can get games on import to the uk without any postage packing charges or TAX original.gif

is at http://www.play.com

They are on the isle of man or jersey which is tax free so you save atleast £5-£10 on a game compared to others like amazon. I think the average saving is about £6.50p compared to amazon once you take the postage you save off etc.

They also do region 1 dvds on import.

Bizarro sorry to hear about the star wars galaxies being pants but it is only a beta so i am remaining optimistic original.gif it was one of the ones i was looking forward to apart from sims online that it. Oh and yes enter the matrix is average.

That new pirates game looks very nice sure its the one made for the pirates film just coming out in cinemas in uk about now.

Althalus I do not know if you are aware but a site where you can get games on import to the uk without any postage packing charges or TAX

is at http://www.play.com They are on the isle of man or jersey which is tax free so you save atleast £5-£10 on a game compared to others like amazon.

Have to agree with you there, play.com are an excellent place to buy from if you live in the UK. I've sent away for several DVDs from there and they always arrive speedily and cost considerably less than what Amazon charge.