Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ranked on religions.

Transform

tongue.gif

Noone can take always religions beliefs.

This is the proof:Respects religions

80% above people are all religious.They belong to either one of the religions

But is estimation only tongue.gif

Follow the larger group and u can win the fight tongue.gif

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnakeProphet

• Kat_Kloud

• hyperactive

• BurnSide

Top Posters In This Topic

social animals have a need to belong to a group....

there is also the "fact" that people are stupid........

it is in the biological interest to reduce stress.... stress comes from uncertianty... reducing uncertianty with make-believe works...

this also shows how religions are tied to the most primative functions of the mind... man is not so evolved as he would like to think he is.....

Follow the larger group and u can win the fight

650218[/snapback]

And there it is.

Religion is entirely based on the same aspects, of the mob mentality.

Well.. everyone else is doing it.....

Edited by BurnSide

Agreed.... There are lots of paths in life to follow, but who wants to follow??

( I forget where I heard this quote)

Bandwagon hoppers... wacko.gif

Follow the larger group and u can win the fight

And there it is.

Religion is entirely based on the same aspects, of the mob mentality.

The funny part is, he admitted it himself. Good to know some of them are self-aware.

Bandwagon hoppers...

Yes, that is the sad thing. I don't mind the people who go on their own spiritual quest and decide Christianity is what's right for them and what they believe in, but I do mind when they don't even know about half of the things their religion is all about. They simply believe in it because "their mommy told them to". Another strange thing is you can be a Christian but believe in something totally different from another Christian. It's as if you can just pick and choose which parts of the bible you'd like to follow, and discard the rest. Which is kind of cool and kind of messed up at the same time cause if you aren't following all of the teachings then you aren't really a true Christian are you?

I like this Christians who don't follow all of the ridiculous teachings in that book.

Yes, that is the sad thing. I don't mind the people who go on their own spiritual quest and decide Christianity is what's right for them and what they believe in, but I do mind when they don't even know about half of the things their religion is all about. They simply believe in it because "their mommy told them to". Another strange thing is you can be a Christian but believe in something totally different from another Christian. It's as if you can just pick and choose which parts of the bible you'd like to follow, and discard the rest. Which is kind of cool and kind of messed up at the same time cause if you aren't following all of the teachings then you aren't really a true Christian are you?

I like this Christians who don't follow all of the ridiculous teachings in that book.

But it isn t a sad thing to ridicule a book when you have never read it?

Religions follow the mob mentality....Atheism is a religion.

athiesm is a religion? i have yet to meet one of these atheist fundamentalists that are pushing their "no-gods" scriptures!

well, it takes all kinds... perspective and experience is so important. it takes a religious perspective to see atheism as a religion, just like it takes members of a religion to show the weaknesses of said religion.

the central aspect of christianity is the resurection... beleive jesus was/is a god and you are christian pretty much, the rest is just window dressing. considering the religion is based on the principle of spreading and converting, it makes sense that it would make entering it an easy task.

i just wish all these people that pick and choose the parts of a religion they follow would not falsely think that science works in the same way! very frustrating indeed!

Religions follow the mob mentality....Atheism is a religion.

Automatically assuming I haven't read it? I have one in my nightstand. My family is Christian. I'm not athiest, either.

Automatically assuming I haven't read it?

I do?

athiesm is a religion? i have yet to meet one of these atheist fundamentalists that are pushing their "no-gods" scriptures!

I don t.

well, it takes all kinds... perspective and experience is so important. it takes a religious perspective to see atheism as a religion,

Obviously not.

just like it takes members of a religion to show the weaknesses of said religion.

You must be a member of quite many religions,then.

What do you have to do in order to see the weaknesses of others? You know it.

considering the religion is based on the principle of spreading and converting

Atheism is not?

i just wish all these people that pick and choose the parts of a religion they follow would not falsely think that science works in the same way! very frustrating indeed!

Is it frustrating,or is the viewer frustrated?

"Religion: Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe."

Maybe one definition.

What about belief in general?Do you believe in the non-existence of a supernatural power?

Maybe one definition.

What about belief in general?Do you believe in the non-existence of a supernatural power?

651513[/snapback]

if we go to the origins of the word "religion" we get re ligio. it means to trace back to the origin.

now science tries to do so (in some fields), theology tries to do so, but atheism does not. athiesm does not provide anything on the origins of life or the universe, it merely says that supernatural beings/entities were not involved.

Edited by hyperactive

Automatically assuming I haven't read it?

I do?

Um...yeah, you did. When you wrote this:

Edited by Kat_Kloud

Replace you with one....

652335[/snapback]

Alright o.o