Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Best Reward!?!?!?!

JohnnyBoyC

Which would you rather have as a reward  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather have as a reward

• free passgae into heaven fogivness of all sins.
    • large sum of money $$

The reward for being brave and firghting against the Cathars in the Albegensian crusade, was amnesty for ALL your sins and you will be forgiven automatically if you shall sin again. ALSO a Garuntee from the Pope, Promised Passage into Heaven!

I think i would like this reward! I mean GARUNTEED TO GET INTO HEAVEN!!

what do you think?

(and for you non-heaven-believers. Pretend you believe there is a perfect paradise of eternal happiness for a minute and think!)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JohnnyBoyC

• Super Pancake

• Jodie.Lynne

• hyperactive

ok.. i will play along.

how can a man (the pope) give out such gratutious passes? all for "killing in the name of"? it certianly does not cast a pretty light from where i sit.

Because at the time, the Pope was one of the most powerful men on the planet. Also, given the level of ignorance in the general population, many people believed that as the head of the most holy roman catholic church, the pope had the ear of god and had the power to grant dispensation.

Well I recently saw the movie "Kingdom of Heaven" and my history Professor said it was an accurate rendition of the Crusades and let me tell you they were not talking about God! They where talking about politics, chilvary and money$$$$$$$. The passage to heaven was nice, but also your debts were forgiven, and there was lots of money to be made during the crusades. One thing I like about it was the code of chilvary the men held even though they brutally killed women and children also, they had a lot of respect especially the muslims, it struck me when i heard recently the muslim community did not like how they were represented in the movie, well for the first time I thought they did not look like "terrorist" but respected people.

edit: I just realized you guys were talking about a different crusade so I googled it and I guess it was passage to heaven the prize was, and maybe a few expliots here and there, but I would guess that what ever possesions the Cathari had the church took them and ruled since its in France and easy to get there!

Edited by Super Pancake

I think the movie "Kingdom of Heaven" was not an accurate rendition because only the Knights Templar really stuck to the code of chivalry, and some bad apples in that group didn't even other with it. They only wanted to make themselves look better than the Muslims to their own people!! angry.gif Because for a second there, it almost looked like the Muslims were better than the Christians! Society today has made anyone in a shiny piece of metal look chivalrous. And I don't think King Arthur was an accurate picture of Crusades-era knights, either. Spending three years out in the cold my for a lady my butt!

• 1 month later...

Johnny you do realize that the Crusades were horribly brutal persecution of non-Christians, and in the case of the Albegensian Crusades the heretics within France, and were in no way anything that should be considered brave or chivalrous.

In the name of money, profit, oppurtunity, and a savior that preached peace and love, they mercilessly slaughtered, raped, and tortured much more than just enemy soldiers. In war, everyone is the enemy, even tiny children.

You shouldn't consider them such brave moments in history. Just think about it. What were Christ's teachings? What did they do in the Crusades? It was western Christianity's worst moment.

That being said, a guarantee to get into Heaven was the reward of each Crusade.

And who wouldn't want a freebie into paradise?