Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Things that follow...and watch

BuhiBuhi-Kun

Okay, here is a brief rundown and I would like your input.

It all started when I was about 5, reading at night around 3am I sensed an 'evil' presence coming down the hallway and it stopped outside of the door. Being 5 I was freaked and just layed there and eventually it left. We moved into a new house and everything was okay and then one day (about 2 years later) at night it happened again, I 'felt' it coming down the hallway and it waited outside of the door and once again eventually left. From that day I have had many encounters. Quite often it happens while the house was empty, watching tv during the day I would feel something coming up the basement steps, the hairs on my neck would stand and then I could feel something behind me watching. Always watching. One night when I was about 13 I was reading in my parents room at night, being on the second floor I was frightened to realize that there was a face in the corner of the window, I looked and then ran! For years this occurred, when I would leave I would feel something watching me from my parents window it is the creepiest feeling ever. I thought this was all in my head until one night my girlfriend stayed over (I had never told anyone before, not even her) and at about 3am while we are lying in bed, "can you see him?" I didn't hear anyone come down the creaky steps but in the hallway there was a silhouette of a man-shaped figure. I said "no" and we went to sleep. Before I moved out, my sister suddenly mentioned to me that the basement was creepy and she felt like she was watched, I was so relieved to hear that from someone else. Anywasy I moved to Red Deer Alberta and nothing happened until about 3 months after moving. One night at about 2:30-3am from outside of the apartment door I suddenly hear loud Bull-like breathing that continued for about 15 seconds so I KNOW I heard it. My roommate had put a cross above the door, maybe this stopped it I don't know but my roommate reported having nightmares from that night, me too. After a total of about 9 months I moved to Lethbridge, Alberta where I am now. In our apartment I came home (this was about 1 year ago) to hear crying. My girlfriend was in class so I went to our room and the door was shut (we had left it open in the morning) I opened it and the sound stopped, nothing. From that day I continually see fleeting figure (childsize) running past me from the corner of my eye. Ususually they are in color but sometimes just shadows. One night I dreamt there was a ghost outside of our window (fifth floor) and he was made of balloons. Uopn seeing it I uttered "what a stupid ghost, balloons? That is stupid". The ghost promptly entered throught the wall and struck me in the chest at which time I groaned in my sleep and woke up my girlfriend. My shoulder ached so bad it was almost useless for a week until verbally said I was sorry for making fun of it. We the moved across the hall and I still see the child-things running and just last week I was reading in my room. The light was directly above me but suddenly a shadow moved across the page I was reading and remained for about 30 seconds, noone was in the room to block the light or cast a shadow..then it moved and I looked but nothing. The last bit of freakiness happened two days ago, I woke at about 5:30 am and felt footsteps on my bed, small and light. I could move so it wasn't sleep paralysis or hypnagogia and there were about five steps and I flung the blanket off but nothing. Often when I read in bed I will feel the other side sink down...creepy. One last addendum, I visted my parents last Christmas (same creepy house) and when I went to the basement to use the weights, I suddenly felt like I was being watched. This happened everyday I was there so I said out loud "if you won't help me, p*** off" and it receded. But on the last night I was there I swear I saw it, I had the room in the basement my sister says is haunted. As I entered I saw a 'face' in the shadow, but maybe it was just a shadow. Anyways, I close the door and turn off the light and as I am puilling the cover up I suddenly and watch a man sized shadow walk past me. I watched it. I said "oyasum" (goodnight in Japanese) and promptly pulled the covers over my head. Sometimes when I am in the Study center at night (like now) and it is empty I hear something 'call', it isn't my name clearly but I get the sensation it was calling me. Since two days ago, at night I always get this feeling of something standing directly behind me and putting its hand on my shoulder...It really makes me shiver, but of course when I look...nothing. I am not crazy, overworked (summer vacation) or tired, I get more than enough sleep. Does anyone have any thoughts on this or what I should do? When my girlfriend was here we put sea salt at the doorways and the apparitions stopped. But it is kind of hard to get sea salt (it was from OKinawa) here unless she sends it. ph34r.gif

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BuhiBuhi-Kun

• Kismit

• cerberus

• Kaj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's kind of freaky scared.gif

I don't know anything about this kind of stuff, but it's a fascinating story.

Why would a 5 year old be reading at 3 in the morning? eek7.gif

That is one creepy story eek7.gif

I really don't know ... but as a suggetion ... try to talk to that thing ... he might give you a reply ... maybe it is a spirite that wants to protect you ... since you have seen him when you are young it might be a good spirite ... or it might be a ghost ... a good ghost ... because he did not harm you ... rolleyes.gif ... he was chacking on you ... and what you are doing ...

I have a question?? are your grandparents dead or something ... or even a relative that is very close to your parents??

If you had a close dead relative ... then it might be him ... maybe he/she told your parents to do something for you ... but they did not do it ... so he/she might want to do it by them selves ... I might be confusing you now ... but as I know most ghost cases come from that kind of thing ... so as I said ... try talking to it ... happy.gif

Hummm...sounds like different things.....childeren running out of the courner of your eye....

I still see the child things running......
I continually see a figure(childsize)running out of the corner of my eye.......so creepy kids and a...
Tall dark figure of a man standing outside my doorway.....I agree with dijdodo...talk to them...if its a ghost it is haunting you not your house cause it keeps following you...and it isn't because of something...YOU DID...maybe its a rival of a realitive haunting you in order to get back at who ever...its not a realitive or it wouldn't hurt you ...AT ALL.....
balloons. Uopn seeing it I uttered "what a stupid ghost, balloons? That is stupid". The ghost promptly entered throught the wall and struck me in the chest at which time I groaned in my sleep and woke up my girlfriend. My shoulder ached so bad it was almost useless for a week until verbally said I was sorry for making fun of it.......it probably wants your help,but can't talk so try and write and provide paper and a pencil so it can write back...(it might write slowly though)...once it completes its unfinished buissness it will go away to heaven...or hell...but ghosts only stay on earth if they're bodies perish before they complete thier purpose in life!And it might need your help to do this! wub.gif

Thanks for the replies,

I was reading at 3 in the morning because I loved reading and I still do. Of course it was a childrens's fairy tale book but who hasn't been captivated by a story? I haven't communicated to it because there seem to be several.

1) The really Evil one that I felt when I was young and it followed

2) The 'man' in my parents home

- My sister told me that it spoke to her in a dream and said it's name was John

- Only seems to be in my parents home

3) The 'children' things they are everywhere

Last night while writing that post, I once again felt the presence behind me, and I saw a figure walking quickly, being alone in the study center at 5am I nearly died...

I don't know if I should communicate, they always give off a really creepy vibe as if they are not quite wholesome. Kind of like that kid in the exorcist, that is what they remind me of. My grandparents are dead but this began before they passed and they certainly didn't give off nasty vibes... Do you think I should try? I agree that they want something from me.

I remembered one thing, at my parents one night I was listening to a song 'Captain Crunch by Gwar' and it was a bunch of drums kinda like some ritual music and I kinda zoned out (in their room) and I clearly heard a voice from the closet above the music. I thought it was my brother being a dick but nothing was there...I blocked that out.

Here is one more paranormal experience I can remember. About 4 years ago I was meditating, I was studying Latin and Italian at the time and I had read that during a deep trance if I concentrate on my ears I can hear other being etc. So, being foolhardy I asked anyone 'out there' to help me. The next night in my dream I was laying on my friend's couch with a cowled monk standing over me and watching. I tried to speak and suddenly yells 'Cordere!' Which means shut up and I promptly awoke. From that night Iwhenever I calmed my mind I would instantly be overwhelmed (mentally) by at least five voices clearly speaking Italian (but I couldn't understand). This went on for five days and I couldn't bear the incessant chatter and I asked them to stop during my meditation and it left. Since then, I am a little more careful about what I wish for.

So, what techniques should I try to communicate? Any suggestions? It really wears a person down to constantly see creepy flitting images...not mention the watching and peeking. Sounds funny but why do spirits seem to always peek and watch? sad.gif

Anywasy I moved to Red Deer Alberta and nothing happened until about 3 months after moving. One night at about 2:30-3am from outside of the apartment door I suddenly hear loud Bull-like breathing that continued for about 15 seconds so I KNOW I heard it.

After a total of about 9 months I moved to Lethbridge, Alberta where I am now. In our apartment I came home (this was about 1 year ago) to hear crying. My girlfriend was in class so I went to our room and the door was shut (we had left it open in the morning) I opened it and the sound stopped, nothing.

That settles it then, they are the Ghosts of the Reform Party.

I tried to speak and suddenly yells 'Cordere!'

Maybe it is having an Immigration issue. Next time it happens, I would offer this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/co...e.html#contacts

Or simply tell them that Caplan was better.

In all seriousness, keep us posted.

i ahve those feelings to when i am up at night i make sure alkl the lights are on lol and second abotuyt he face in the window you saw of another ufo sight i belive i rember hearing baout this kids or children what ever who were see faces in their window like they smugged aginst it pressing their face somehting like that your story is creepy

Thank you for posting Buhibuhi-kun ,

My advice if you are after protection is if you can't get sea salt use your everyday Iodised variety . Of course prayer or some other comforting mantra will help calm you .

Finally though I think you will find that the spirit who is touching your shoulder is wanting something from you . Let them know they have your attention ( If your worried lay down some guidelines , let the spirit know you wont allow it to harm you ) and tell them your ready to listen . Hopefully it will come to you in time .. original.gif

Thank you for the reply,

I don't know if I should try to communicate or not. My grandmother who could see spirits and my girlfriend who can too both told me (separately) that if they know you can see or hear them, they will continually try to contact you. Similarly, if you can see one, never make eye contact or it will know you can see and it will want you to do something. I guess I am all for helping it is just that there is more than one and at least one is evil and some exude creepiness. I will think about your words though and thank you for the salt suggestion. Sometimes that which is right in your face is the hardest to see.

ph34r.gif

Obviously you are also sensitive to these things , aswell as your Grandmother and girlfriend . I cant see how you are going to stop seeing apparitions by not looking them in the eye , it is not working to well for you at the moment is it ?

If it helps one of the wise women of the forum once sugested picturing a waterfall between yourself and the spirit you are trying to comunicate with .

A protective chant which I find helpfull mainly because it is easy to remember goes like this .

Imagine your self surrounded by 3 rings of white light , and repeat

" Thrice around the circles bound , evil sink into the ground " untill you feel more at ease .

That's the best I can do and in my humble opinion your going to have to try to comunicate with it if you want it to leave you alone . original.gif

first of all, welcome to the forum. i haven't read any of your other posts but this one gave me goose bumps. you should consider writing scary stories.

i don't know what's scarier, your story or you listening to GWAR? jesus, i knew some real psychos who listened to that back in the day.

i think that maybe this is a mental thing. the reason is that you seem to be able to project your thinking into reality in a very unusual way. i do this myself when im under intense stress. for example, when i was a football player in high school, i had a hard time learning our massive playbook. at night i would awake and see a tiny version of my coach on the floor of my room and a bunch of tiny football players running plays. i would pay attention but then i would start dozing off and he would start yelling, "SCHWARTZ, pay attention!" and i would awake again. it was very real, but i was actually in a semi-sleeping state. all of your encounters seem to take place late at night or around times of sleep. maybe you are doing this with your own mind? the others are a different story, but i think that your acceptance of this phenomenon also shows that maybe you are becoming accustomed to it with age. the only time i saw a ghost, i was wide awake. otherwise, i would have assumed that i was dreaming it. im not implying you didn't see these things (because you may well have) but rather just offering a possible alternative to something stalking you.

Thanks for the comments. I just wanted to add that even though these tend to happen near sleep periods (of normal people) I am usually wide awake and not particularly sleep deprived. They also happen at all times of the day, more frequently when I am alone and viewing ghost material as opposed to just alone and studying. Could be I am just already edgy.....anyways thanks for the comments.

original.gif

HI

I so know that feeling like someone is watching you or have a quick glimse of a shadow.

you should be able to sense weither they are good not, its kinda hard to explian whenever you feel them you can get a good or bad feeling.

But in some cases you may not know.

iN My case when i first saw a ghost with red eyes i thought it was ad then i heard voices and bangs and i though it would do something to me, but it didnt so even though i think it is bad it hasent done anything to me or my friends.

Has it hurt you or purposly tried to scare you????

maybe if you want to get rid of them you could do several ghost spells

It is a commonly held belief that the more you think about Ghosts the more likely you are to encounter them . For instance Natalie said in the other post that she thought her new house was creepy as soon as she moved in . There was a thread going recently where we discussed the possibillity of ghosts/spirits feeding off of people fear abd becoming stronger .

That is why I sugested any form of Chant or prayer that calmes you down . It is important not to work your self up and to remain calm . Wether it just keeps you rational or it gives the power back to you and takes it from the spirit , who knows? but it's well worth a try .. original.gif

I wonder if this is from the thoughts actually attracting ghosts or are we just working ourselves up and interpreting anything and everything as a ghost. The human mind is built to find patterns....ink blots show us what is predominately on our mind consciously or subconsciously....applying this to ghost sighting, if a person's psychological make-up revolves around the belief that ghosts exist then that person is much more susceptible to seeing or feeling the presence of ghosts. Merely interpreting the environmental stimuli in a way that corresponds with ones internal belief system. The skeptic always never seems to see or feel anything. So, I wonder if this is all about interpretation (seeing what we want to see) or do ghosts really exist and Psychology has made up some more nonsense to explain something which cannot be quantified or easily categorized...food for thought.

Personally I lean towards ghosts existing...but I can see possible rational explanations. ph34r.gif Still creepy though

post-56-1056708016.jpg

I dont know how you can help it try talking to it in a civil manner but any ways sounds like shadow peple they are supposedly in another demintion and their time is diffrent they move faster and stuff so we cant see them but we are practicly sitting still to them they move by and you see a glimpse of a shadow only when you are watching tv or reading becuse when u r concentrating hard that is when u are able to see them i have seen them to as far as i know they do no harm though

your story is creepy rite a book

• 2 weeks later...

scared.gif I have to tell you, I do not frighten easily. And, I like to think I have an ear for a true haunting, or event. (BTW-welcome to the board)

Your story rings true-BIGTIME. I think there are indeed several spirits at work around you. I also think, you yourself, are a gifted.

I agree with Kismit. I also think if you picture yourself in pure, white, cleansing light, and do some mindful meditation, it will help, before you sleep at night.

You can use regular table salt for "cleansing" or "Blessing", too.

Keep us up-to-date, o.k.?

~Peace~

Okay here is an update.

I haven't tried to communicate or anything yet, but I have noticed something. Lately I have been meditating more to inrease my ability to concentrate for studying, relaxation et. But as my mind grows stronger I've noticed that the flitting figures are growing sharper, I can definitely see some detail in clothing, height etc. but of course for only a second. And the feeling of something watching, lately it has become bolder and I can sometimes clearly see a female face leering at me, almost sneering from the corner of my eye, then it is gone. but the face is adult in feature, but situated at a child's height, not sure if this is meaningful but as I mentioned before, quite often I can see child sized things run past me. I know someone might think the figure is the security guard at night, but the security here all wear a white shirt and black pants, not matching what I see... From all of this I have become jumpy, it is wearing me down. Perhaps tonight I will try the ideas you gave me. Thanks for the input everyone.

P.S. Last night as I lay on my bed suddenly the bed shifted as if suddenly someone put one foot down just behind me, I nearly died, the bed actually creaked. And no I did not move at that time as I was reading when it happened. I really feel as if they are (or it) stepping up the effort to get my attention...but I don't want to communiccate, if it was benign, why would it leer at me.... ph34r.gif Any ideas?

This thing does almost seem to be hostile why else would it be so malevolant and threatening. Perhaps it has wanted to communicate for a long time and is frustrated as it hasen't had the chance I think you could make contact and get things straight between u and the spirit.With the presence growing stronger now is definately a time to consider it.

I think the best method to use so as not to be jumpy is to try and show you are not scared of whatever it is, you can express this verbally next time you sense it, don't mock it though just politely let it know. This is just my opinion only go with what you feel is best.

original.gif

It is possible that it is becoming more visible now because your mind is becoming more focussed through the mental training you are doing.

I also agree with Banchee in that it is probably getting a bit ticked of not being able to communicate, which would annoy anybody.

But if you being able to see it more clearly is linked to your mind becoming more foccussed then I doubt that it can do anything to harm you.

I would try communicating to "it" as you would any person in the room. My aunt used this tactic to rid herself of her ghost. In her house, she often would see an elderly woman who would just walk around, as though she were just a real person who was there. She would often appear and vanish though. Well, on day, in a nice tone, my aunt calmly told her that she needed to go because "this is my house now". She told her she could no longer stay. The woman looked a little sad and went away, never to return again.

Sounds like a story, yes. But from what I know, it's true. My mom's side of the family often has "ghost" related happenings.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

sorry for being away for a while. Lately the 'phenomena' have been acting up again. While reading material or just sitting sudddenly I get the most vivid and real scenes. When it happens (like tonight!) it is as if I am really there....

1) I am walking past a field at night, all is dark and then suddenly there is a being standing and staring. There is only moonlight but I can make out lips and some kind

of robe...I look and then suddnely there are a few more in the shadows and then suddenly there is one in front of me...at this point I come to from the horror....

2) I am sleeping in a strange room and bed. I am sleeping but I know I am sleeping and my arm is hanging off the bed. The room is dark with little light but then I feel something licking my fingers. My first thought is that it is a dog, I pull my hand but the licking becomes greedier , I look and it is a being on all fours licking my fingers. Mercifully I cannot see the face before I awaken back to the computer lab.

3) I am in the living room, suddenly a large worm with a human head crawls down the hall otwards me, I watch in abject horror and then turn only to see a girl sitting beside me who I can feel is dead already, not to mention the decaying face. Once again I awaken from the shock...

4) Suddenly I see the scene of my room, it is dark and there are a few shadow beings (4-5? too dark) and they are rummaging through my papers and books as if looking for something...this is creepy because later I have to go back to the same room...

These all happened tonight, I am suddenly "shown" a scene and it is so real. I feel like something wants me to see something but as you read, the scenes are freakish and horrifying (at least to me)....I slept a lot today and I am not tired but I keep slipping into these states as if pulled...Any thoughts on this??? ph34r.gif

As an addendum,

I should add that this phenomena of intrusive 'scenes' is really seeming to climax tonight. It started about 1 week ago. Now, even as I write this I must actually concentrate, if I relax I of course realx, and then the scene slowly changes (as with everyone, our thoughts naturally roam) but suddenly I will see clearly and from my perspective a hideous dead being....I can 'feel' it's death and evil...and it is always looking at me. I hope my brain is just tired, I really do. I always come back from these with a pounding heart. It is like my thoughts are highjacked from ones of childhood memories to ones from some hell where corpses freely roam....I want to go home now but after seeing the shadows in my room...geez. The vision of the shadows was different, it was as I was remote viewing and they didn't seem to notice me. Strange to say the least. Time for some fresh air. Any iinput is greatly appreciated. I wanted to contact 'them' but after seeing this stuff, I don't think it is a good idea...I've actually had the worm vision 3 times now in my apartment..... ph34r.gif

had another nightmare about this tonight and i can't take it anymore so i am going to post. original.gif it sounds like it could be some kind of "family" that is simply attempting to communitcate. i know it sounds stupid but find somebody that knows italian or take italian classes to try to communicate. you never know.