Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Star Wars: Episode III

Found out some details regarding the upcoming Star Wars movie - these come from the transcript from a chat between a Star Wars website and the film's producer Rick Mccallum.

No word on the title yet though, and details are sketchy at best.

Star Wars Episode 3 will include the following :

--Large Scale Space Battle at the beginning

--Most Lightsaber Battles ever in one movie

--Mace Windu Battles a Sith Lord (?answer: "Possibly.......")

--All battles will be of a very large scale (paraphrased: "bigger than Geonosis")

--Episode III will bridge the gap between PT & OT

--Episode III will answer MOST unanswered questions.

--Episode III will be around 2 hours long

--Episode III takes place 3 years after AOTC

--Episode III will be rated PG

--We will see A LOT of new worlds

--Hayden has really bulked up for the role. ("Arms as big as Rick's thighs")

--Anakin will be doing some evil things

--Anakin's transition to Vader will be "intense"

--Jar Jar has less screen time than AOTC

--Anakin vs. Obi-Wan will be "awesome"

--Rick personally wouldn't let a 3 year old see Episode III

--Expect a lot of great changes like Clonetroopers to Stormtroopers

--Episode III has a more adventure feel to it

--Christopher Lee is in great shape, ready to go for Episode III

--Ben Burtt's back as sound designer

--There's a new bad guy. ("Yes, expect someone serious.")

--The emperor or Anakin will make use of the darkside of the force...ex..lightning or chokes. ("Yes, and even more.")

--We will see some nice glorious deaths in Episode 3. ("Absolutely. None of these whimpy fights with droids.")

Source : theforce.net

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• Space Moose

• Kimm

• colorless

I have owned a rough draft script of Episode III for several years, and I can hardly wait to see it. original.gif

I have owned a rough draft script of Episode III for several years, and I can hardly wait to see it.

How did you get something like that?

Same place where I have gotten a rough draft script of all the Star Wars episodes. I was 8 years old when Star Wars first came out, and was an instant fanatic. I was a member of the Fan Club for over a decade and acquired thousands of dollars of cool stuff. I received them as limited offers through the fan club.

Star Wars is cool cool.gif

Wow, Homer, you are really a dedicated fan! wink.gif

Fans are cool! original.gif

Did you happen to get a script of the Star Wars Holiday Special as well? I can't imagine that Lucas would have wanted that out, he is upset enough about the bootlegged version of it floating around, but it would be interesting to see what that looked like on paper. Most notably, I would like to see how they managed to justify in written word a scene of Wookies talking to eachother.

No I don't have the Holiday Special, and have never heard of it. If that was a joke, I'm sorry but I didn't get it. There is quite a bit that got out that Lucas didn't want, which is quite unfortunate. People that do things like that are not fans, but are people who want to make a fast buck.

But it's really not that interesting. Reading the book is far more interesting, because the script doesn't capture the scene and involve the reader like the book does. Still a nice addition to the collection, though original.gif

Wow, Homer, you are really a dedicated fan!

Well, it's more like I was a dedicated fan. I'm not the fanatic I used to be. I'm a fan of you now KC wub.gif

No I don't have the Holiday Special, and have never heard of it. If that was a joke, I'm sorry but I didn't get it. There is quite a bit that got out that Lucas didn't want, which is quite unfortunate. People that do things like that are not fans, but are people who want to make a fast buck.

Rest assured, that is no joke. It is out there, and it is "special".

Here is a handy link which will shed a little more light on this: http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/236.html

The Holiday Special isn't something that "snuck out", it was broadcast on TV. I happen to have a copy, on the PC even. Arragements can be made for any who wish to see it, but be warned...

Hey!! I actually remember watching this movie as a kid .

I understood everything the "Wookies" said , It was shown in Australia on WIN TV in 1982 and I remember I cried when the Stormtroopers ripped the head off of the Baby Wookie's teddybear . sad.gif

I actually enjoyed it , but then again I was only 8 original.gif

Thanks for the information Space Moose. I remember the show, but it's been so many years ago, that I had forgotten it was a Holiday Special.

There have been a few made for TV Star Wars specials, and I thought they were all terrible. I don't really consider them worthy of being Star Wars, but that's just my opinion.

Thanks again for the info. I remember that it was terrible, but I had forgotten just how terrible it was.

Large Scale Space Battle at the beginning

grin2.gifcool.gif

Most Lightsaber Battles ever in one movie

grin2.gifcool.gifw00t.gif

All battles will be of a very large scale (paraphrased: "bigger than Geonosis")

grin2.gifgrin2.gifw00t.gifcool.gif

Anakin will be doing some evil things

sad.gif

Jar Jar has less screen time than AOTC

grin2.gif

sad.gif

Are you Mad!!!!!!! Jar Jar Bad!!!!! grin2.gif

*lol* yeah I think that was by popular demand. grin2.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe, and this is just wishful thinking on my part, just maybe, Anakin's trip to the Dark Side begins when he finally snaps and cuts Jar Jar into several pieces, and serves his entrails to a bunch of Jawas at Dex's Diner on Curuscant. Please, please let this happen.

Mace Windu's last battle is supposedly going to be unforgetable. And I read not long ago that Christopher Lee hasn't even started his scenes yet sad.gif

oh yeah the Mandalorians are going to kickass since they all look like the Fetts....

i hope this makes up for the last 2 movies thumbsup.gif

What needs to happen for Lucas to redeem himself:

1) Get Portman to give a non-wooden performance. Nat, honey, we all saw The Professional, we know you can do it!

2) No more cutsey crap for the kids. That includes, but is not limited to: Jar Jar, Podraces, C3PO one liners, farting, and so on.

3) More decapitations. When Jango took down that charging rhino thingie, I was like "That's a bad man!" and then when Mace Jackson cut off Jango's head, I was saying "Correction. THAT is a bad man!" Also, more disarming. That's been an element in every movie.

4) Play a big trick on us. We already know what's going to happen, but throw a wrench in we didn't see coming, i.e. Senetor Palpatine and Darth Sidious being two different people, Darth Tyranus switching sides, Obi-Wan fathering one of the "twins", (ooooh!), Mace Jackson falling to the dark side, ect.

5) Make it pg-13. Put blood in it. More adult themes.

Ok, that's my list, anyone have something else? thumbsup.gif

Just saw Nemesis 10 minutes ago, schadeaux grin2.gif

Edited by colorless

What needs to happen for Lucas to redeem himself:

1) Get Portman to give a non-wooden performance. Nat, honey, we all saw The Professional, we know you can do it!

2) No more cutsey crap for the kids. That includes, but is not limited to: Jar Jar, Podraces, C3PO one liners, farting, and so on.

5) Make it pg-13. Put blood in it. More adult themes.

Ok, that's my list, anyone have something else? thumbsup.gif

You know....

If they are going to break the mould with this one and go for a higher rating, I suggest that Portman can act as wooden as she desires providing she does so naked.

Sample Script from Ep III:

Guard: Boba Fett! You have returned!

Boba Fett: I have brought this boyish, hairless driod for the Emperor.

Guard: He will be most pleased.

UHH... OH... OH GOD... BEEP-BOOP... UUHH... oo... YES!

*laughs* Well, ok, I can go with you on that one. Let's not limit ourselves to just a naked Portman, though. I'll bet we can find an excuse to cast Winona Ryder and get her nekkid too! tongue.gif