Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The AVROCAR VZ-9V

odinsupreme

I don't know if you heard of this Aircraft before, but it is well documented and it has intriguede me since I know of it. It never has functioned really good and now it is somewhere on a junkyard. For pictures, click here:

http://people.a2000.nl/gnijhuis/ifo/ifo-lib/ifo-lib-avro.html

Hope you enjoy it!

Odin Supreme 8)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tommy

• odinsupreme

• SpaceyKC

• Sheff_Pud

• 2 weeks later...

They make it sound so simple;  from your garage to your place of destination-no traffic lights, etc.  But YOU won't be the only one doing this!  And how many of the (already) crazy drivers are gonna obey the 'rules of the sky'.  How would you even know where the lanes are?  I just want a car that you get into and tell (it)where you want to go (like a taxi), then sit back and watch tv til you get there! ;D

Take care,

NORAimage

Actually, I remember watching this car in its early stages of production on the program It'll never work, and I seem to remember they said that you would need a pilot’s licence to fly it.  (Sorta obvious I guess, but you would think that THAT would keep most of the ‘crazy drivers’ away)...that and the cost of one of those things.

Tommy

I am going to build my own VTOL. If I have the money of course.. No traffic lights, GREAT!

Odin Supreme 8)

• 1 year later...

Actually... i really tried building a smal floating aircraft but it, uhm.. didn't really work.. grin2.gifwhistling2.gif

Odin

I think I'd rather wait for a transporter to beam me there.  original.gif

theres an intresting post about transporters on this theoretical physics forum, makes you think twice befor using a transporter, it pretty much what it sais is that when the transporter breaks you down particle by particle then converts it into energy you are killed, then a copy of you is just made at point B

click me!