Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Open Challenge

Atlantis Rises

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• Saru

• Atlantis Rises

• Thistle

You might like to sign up with www.redhotpawn.com aswell, as thats where almost all the UM chess participants are playing their games. thumbsup.gif

If you sign up to redhotpawn I'll gladly play you

K, I've challenged someone called Atlantis Rises who signed up today on Hot Pawn. I'm assuming thats you right? tongue.gif

Talon, you never told me you were the champ?! ARG!!! I'm in for it now. Doesn't make a difference though, I've boxed myself in in our game.

sad.gif

Talon, you never told me you were the champ?!

I thought you knew wacko.gif sorry

I'm in for it now. Doesn't make a difference though, I've boxed myself in in our game.

But on the brightside you're learning the way I play the game so you can expect certain similarities in my future games and use that against me next time thumbsup.gif

Edited by Talon S.

I've been challenged to two other games because of this thread. Am I over my head here? Nah! I always seem to turn things around after a while.

I can't say I don't recognise those players. But don't worry you'll be fine.

Good game thumbsup.gif

I was holding out for the chance to get a stalemate, didn't think I was going to manage it for a while there.

I was convinced you were going to end up with two queens laugh.gif

I was holding out for the chance to get a stalemate, didn't think I was going to manage it for a while there.

I know, I saw it for a while too, I was really hoping the exchange of knights would make it easier to keep track of your queen and stop it. But in the end you were too determined to get it, and I just couldn’t stop it grin2.gif

I was convinced you were going to end up with two queens 

I wasn’t actually to interested in getting a second queen, I was really just hoping if it was close enough to queening you’d concentrate on it rather than go for my back rank grin2.gif …. Didn’t work wacko.gif

Edited by Talon S.

To Thistle

Ok, since the PM system wont send you it, I'll post it here

Hoyle® Chess

It's the ultimate game of pure strategy played for millennia by the greatest minds in history. No dice, thirty-two pieces, one game board, two opponents, and no peace till your enemy's King has fallen into checkmate. Rules

Download time @ 56.6K: 178 sec.

• Social Room A place to meet, chat, and play.

• New Competitive Room Challenge a friend or a future friend!

I can't get past this page, the links just don't work. It complains about ActiveX but I already have all that enables.

sad.gif

odd have you tried re-starting Hoyle?, sometiomes it plays up a bit with me too

Try this:

Problem: I receive an error message regarding ActiveX controls when I attempt to login at Hoyle Online.

Solution: On top menu of the web browser, select TOOLS --> INTERNET OPTIONS. Click on the SECURITY tab.

Click Custom Level.

Change the following settings under "ActiveX controls and plug-ins" to ENABLED:

Download Signed.

Download Unsigned.

Initialize and script Active X Controls not marked as Safe.

Run Active X plug-ins.

Script Active X controls marked SAFE.

Click on OK.

On the INTERNET OPTIONS menu, click APPLY and OK.

Then refresh the Hoyle Games web page.

Yep, even restarted my entire IE. I'll try again though

Edit: Saru, already did, everythings enabled, I just don't see why its still complaining about ActiveX

Edited by Talon S.

Are you running any firewalls or anti-virus programs ?

Try disabling them temporarily to see if it helps, if not then at least that eliminates them as the cause.