Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

HTML formatting in messages

dust19

I see that messages are mostly html formatted. I was just curious how for this goes. Would I be able to really enhance my post by making it a mini-webpage of sorts by including links to Macromedia Flash (*.swf) items (no not ads) and such from my personal server? Or am I limited only to the buttons for links and images provided by the site?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dust19

• Saru

• Starlyte

Top Posters In This Topic

Dust19,

At the moment it's limited to the tags provided by the buttons on the post screen, but you are allowed to include flash animations in posts.

You should be able to do that by linking to the .swf file with tags in the same way as you would post a picture.

wonderful! thanks a lot, I feel my posts can be greatly enhance by the occasional flash peice.

Would I be able to get away with a flash based avatar? The animation in *.gif is too slow, though I can't assume all users will be able to view them, or even view them at thr 30fps I design them for. though even at 400MHZ should be well enough. I need to be considerate for all all viewers as far as CPU useage and D/L speeds.

Thanks again.

Dust,

The forum actually blocks flash based avatars, so unfornately, it's not possible to use one as your avatar.

oh well, no big deal..like i mentioned above...i just dreamed of people being oble to interact with my avatar by rolling over it and such. Maybe the eyes would follow the mouse cursor, or maybe a rollover would trigger my avatar to react in such a way like a little creature...But I see the point. You'd end up with a bunch of avatars will looping audio and annoying stuff like that..plus it would overload some systems. It makes sense.

Dust19, I found a site that I thought you might be interested in since you are into the flash movie, interactive avatar thing. They are looking for Beta Testers. It is called There.com. Here is the link, you should check it out:

LINK