Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Invention allows humans to breathe like fish

UM-Bot

news icon rAlan Izhar-Bodner, an Israeli inventor, has developed a way for divers to breathe underwater without cumbersome oxygen tanks. His apparatus makes use of the air that is dissolved in water, just like fish do. The system uses the "Henry Law" which states that the amount of gas that can be dissolved in a liquid is proportional to the pressure on the liquid.

Raise the pressure - more gas can be dissolved in the liquid. Decrease the pressure - gas dissolved in the liquid releases the gas.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Live Science

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blizno

• Super Pancake

• UM-Bot

• Zackery00

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose this will catch on as the newest means of scuba-diving... anyway it works, sign me up, I would love to be able to "swim" with the fishes like the fishes yes.gifyes.gifyes.gif

Very cool, indeed. This will require energy to operate, though. The report doesn't say how much energy. Bulky air tanks may just be replaced by bulky rechargeable batteries. As batteries get smaller and smaller we might one day have essentially a diving mask that provides its own air for hours.

thats very cool but like blizno said earlier it must be battery powered and thats a liability, I don't think we will lose the air tank that quickly, it might be still used just in case of an emergency.

Man being under water for longer hours is going to be wicked.

thats very cool but like blizno said earlier it must be battery powered and thats a liability, I don't think we will lose the air tank that quickly, it might be still used just in case of an emergency.

Man being under water for longer hours is going to be wicked.

663625[/snapback]

We'll need anti-pruning cream!

We'll need anti-pruning cream!

663644[/snapback]

laugh.gif

I think waterproof suits would be more practical

grin2.gif Just remember Natures Rule! Big fish Eat other fish. If you swim like a fish, you may be Some Things DINNER!

Care for a swim? no.gif

Probably costs thousands of dollars, though.

maybe now, but not in the future once the technology becomes refined.

Well once all the minor problems and kinks have been ironed out, its affordable and has small batteries I`ll buy one. Should only be about a decade or two.