Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God is the one true god...

JayRob303

It might just be ignorance on my part...but, from what I remember, the bible never said that there weren't any other gods or dieties, you just aren't allowed to put them in front of God.

What's your take on this?

Are there other gods and/or dieties?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GodsMessenger

• hyperactive

• Paranoid Android

• JayRob303

When the angels of Enoch came to Earth certain people considered them and their hybrid offspring, the Nephilim, to be 'gods'. They aren't 'gods', they just aren't human.

Mnay of the 'gods' the Egyptians depicted look like the description of angels. Like the 4 headed-3 part animal Cherubim representative of the 4 fixed signs of the zodiac.

Ashley, is the "Only GOD can judge me" in your profile Tu Pac's song... or did u just put that there? j/w

*good song btw

What is 'The Book of Enoch'? Can you give me a general idea of what is in it?

What about dieties such as Zeus, Athena, Posiedon, etc...? Could they have been Nephilim?

What is 'The Book of Enoch'?  Can you give me a general idea of what is in it?

What about dieties such as Zeus, Athena, Posiedon, etc...?  Could they have been Nephilim?

666369[/snapback]

the book of Enoch is one of the "lost books of the Bible" they are books which supposedly were left out when the Bible was created.

Something that the 'church' didn't want 'us' to see (type of thing)?

Isn't there supposedly a book of the bible that was written by Jesus himself, that basically cast out religous gathering places, and says that god is within us all... And needless to say, the catholic church keeps it under lock and key for 'personal' gain, to continue the money flowing in....

The Old Testament refers to "gods" as in the false gods that the nations worship. These gods take the guise of idols in the shape of Earthly creatures, which obviously have no power because God created all these things in the first place. The prophet Isaiah for example, spoke to the people of Israel saying

"This is what the LORD says - ... Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it.  Let him declare and lay out before me... Who shapes a god and casts an idol, which can profit him nothing?" (Isaiah 44:6-10)

Idols are man-made objects that have no value, but God is everlasting!

Furthermore, each person follows or strives for something in their lives. Whatever that "something" is, to them that is god. If it is money, then their god is money (cf. Matthew 19:16-24). If it is career, then that is their god. If they trust only in themselves, they are their own god. The list is endless. But as with idols, they are only things created by human beings. Why worship them when you can worship the creator of these things.

Hope this information helps. Until next time,

665932[/snapback]

They're all fictitious creations used as a means to control the ignorant and gullible. No offense. So no. There are none.

It might just be ignorance on my part...but, from what I remember, the bible never said that there weren't any other gods or dieties, you just aren't allowed to put them in front of God.

What's your take on this?

665932[/snapback]

The bible does say that there are no other gods except the true God of Israel.

Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

19 Isaiah 44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

20 Isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

The bible also says that the false gods that the heathen worship are devils.

Devils have deceived people into worshipping them.

1 Corinthians 10:20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

39 1 Corinthians 10:21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

Revelation 9:20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

Ecko,

Yes, actually it is from 2pac's song, but it has a double meaning lol.

Jay,

The Book of Enoch is the REAL first book of the Bible. Enoch was the first prophet and the first to write, and his book predates Geneis. Genesis in fact came from Jubilees, given to MOSES, (Enoch was BEFORE the flood, Noah's great-grandfather) by an angel, and within it is an account of the fall of the angels, Nephilim and Enoch's book. Genesis was a SECOND account of creation given by an angel (and goes more in-depth than Genesis goes, as, like many other books in the Bible, it's only part of the whole original text, Jubilees), Enoch was told the account of Creation directly by God (and that creation was 7000 YEARS, not 7 days, as one day to God is 1000 Earth years). The Jwish people DID keep it as a sacred book, and it was in the Dead Sea Scrolls, but didn't accept the notion of fallen angels. With Christianity, it was Augustine who threw it out, along with astrology (it specifically states that God have the horoscope - entire astrological birth chart - to every newborn child), ad in it's places bmade up the idea of 'Original Sin'.

And yes, those Greek mythology, Egyptian 'gods' etc ALL fit the description of both Nephilim AND angels.

And yes, those Greek mythology, Egyptian 'gods' etc ALL fit the description of both Nephilim AND angels.

Hmm... why do you seem so positive about that? How do you know its not the other way around kind of... where the Biblical god is one of the bad characters who is trying to syphon followers from true gods such as the Egyptian or greek gods by portraying THEM as bad ones?

Hmm... why do you seem so positive about that? How do you know its not the other way around kind of... where the Biblical god is one of the bad characters who is trying to syphon followers from true gods such as the Egyptian or greek gods by portraying THEM as bad ones?

667422[/snapback]

because it is like war. each side must believe itself to be the 'right' side. same as how people always presuppose that they are 'right' because to premise with the opposite is to have to challenge what they believe in.

Ex.15:11

"Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods?"

Ex.18:11

"Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods."

Ex.20:3

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

Ex.22:20

"He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed."

Zeph.2:11

"The Lord will be terrible to them: for he will famish all the gods of the earth."

Jn.10:33-34

"The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?"

Ex.15:11

"Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods?"

Ex.18:11

"Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods."

Ex.20:3

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

Ex.22:20

"He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed."

Zeph.2:11

"The Lord will be terrible to them: for he will famish all the gods of the earth."

Jn.10:33-34

"The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?"

667660[/snapback]

Zandore has a few of the quotes from the bible that I was talking about. It kind of leads me to believe that there are other gods, but you can't put them above the Lord. It's just kind of strange to me...

If God created the heavens and the earth, did he create the angels and/or other dieties, or did they co-exist in the nothingness that was before everything...

To me (personally), there is an essence of God within everything. He created it and allows it's existance for reasons that are unknown to us. And he left Gaia or Mother Earth to care for us and provide a home.

there is no doubt about the references to other gods in the OT. it is just that they all answered to one 'ultimate god'.

Ashley, you are mistaken in believing that Genesis is the first biblical book. The bible is not in order of date written. Job is actualy the first book of the bible. yes.gif

The way i see it is this:

Religion is like the Constitution is over the U.S.

-Guidlines to keep us equal and prevent chaos. ( Most religions of course. )

Other religions around the world are simply like the constitutions each of the states has that reflect that state. Different but in the end the same.

I do believe that the one true god is all dieties in other religions as well but casts himself in a way that place/people will understand or will adopt the ideals.

Thats just me. Flame away, i really dont care.

Yeah...haha. In the religious wars they ever thought that theyre fighting for the same God with just a different name. Duh... Human species is so aggressive.

Peeps...if God truly wanted us to believe in Him and just Him, he'd show a miracle to us or appear to us when we're gathered. The God you're worhshipping isnt important, your belief is. The purpose of belief is having a purpose in life I guess, maybe that's why humans have such a strong natural need to believe in some higher power.

Friggin mindless killing over Gods is stupid and crazy. It's just a damn excuse anyway for some political ambitions..

All the passages that Zandore brought up (in my opinion) refer to gods that man has created in place of the true and living God. A lot of the time, the Bible refers to bowing down to an idol that man has created, which has led me to believe that all gods outside of the true God (YHWH) are false creations by man.

All the passages that Zandore brought up (in my opinion) refer to gods that man has created in place of the true and living God.
laugh.gif There are 29 verses that I know of right off the bat that refer to more that one God. Want them?

If the rest were false idols why was God so against worshipping them?

All the passages that Zandore brought up (in my opinion) refer to gods that man has created in place of the true and living God.
laugh.gif There are 29 verses that I know of right off the bat that refer to more that one God. Want them?

If the rest were false idols why was God so against worshipping them?

675431[/snapback]

Because that means people wouldn't be worshipping Him.

And the very human emotion of 'jealousy' rears its head in the godhead figure. Interesting.

Our God is a jealous God.

Our God is a jealous God.

675483[/snapback]

Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons

For there is no respect of persons with God.

Want some more on this line?