Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

7th Son of a 7th Son

Touch of Evil

I would really love to see some videos of all the people claiming to have some supernatural abilities due to being the 7th son of a 7th son, personally i'm the 1st son of a 1st son and the only special powers I have are the abilities to lose my TV remote on a daily basis, I always come up one sock short after doing a load of laundry and I have the uncanny ability to spend money on useless junk.

All you worm killers and healers please post a video as i'm very curious to see your powers in action!

More drive by posters with their wacky claims that think that just because we're on a site called unexplained mysteries that we're a bunch of woo woo's.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am the daughter of a 7th son born to a 7th son And on my mother side my great grandmother was believed to be psychic ... I believe I am gifted by psychic and healing ability and like no other I am lucky as a mo-fo. I said that kinda with a laugh but it's so true.

Um...?  Okay.  Of course, you can prove this, right?

Welcome to the forums I guess.  Please check the date on threads before you post.  It might change things, it might not.

• Like 1

7TH son of a 7TH son? Obviously meant for the clergy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2005 at 8:25 AM, Touch of Evil said:

Some lady told George Noory last night on Coast to Coast that she knew a person who was a 7th Son of a 7th Son, and she was trying to find out more about him.

George ended his first hour by saying a 7th Son was a gifted person with ESP like powers..

I don't know if you listen to Iron Maiden or not but they have a whole album based upon the 7th Son.. I heard it was a sci-fi series of books..

Also, my friend borrowed some type of vampire book from somebody and told me there was something in it about the 7th Son..

Anyone have any info?

K so on this have a little bit of info on it. I'm writing a book on this and it's kinda hard to find what I am looking for. But there is a book series called the last apprentice series that Joseph Delainey wrote and it's about seventh son of a seventh son. So in that series it's about a kid named Thomas and he fights the dark and since he is a seventh son of a seventh son he can sence things that normal people can't. I got some of my info from that and seeing what u guys r posting that helps a little bit. So on other things that I have looked up on this is that in South America if u r a seventh son of a seventh son then when u r 13 u would change into this werewolf thing that kills people in the night. But that is there culture. A lot of things r different in each culture but the one thing so far that I know is that we all r obsessed with the number seven.

Of course I understand the literary need for it, but it is still surprising that people with super-powers always run into villains with their own super-powers and are never allowed to enjoy their superiority in peace.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm Irish and there has always been a strong belief in the healing powers of the seventh son of a seventh son in Ireland. I can speak from personal experience as I have been healed of a debilitating illness which doctors couldn't cure by a healer called Danny Gallagher who is a seventh son of a seventh son and who has performed some miraculous cures all over the world.

Faith healers are charlatans.

Unless, as always, someone steps forward and proves this stuff actually happens.

• Like 1

I am put in mind of a lecture I heard while in college from a prominent anthropologist.  His formula for being a successful witch doctor:

1.  Prescribe ointments and medicines, including those effective in Western medicine if you can.

2.  Prescribe detailed rituals and prayers and so on (sleep orientation, abstinence from sex, avoiding certain foods -- that sort of thing.

3.  Generally the patient will get better, probably because they would have anyway, maybe because of placebo effects (there is significant documentation that this effect is quite real.

4.  If the patient dies anyway, blame the patient for not doing things correctly or for not believing strongly enough.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

I am put in mind of a lecture I heard while in college from a prominent anthropologist.  His formula for being a successful witch doctor:

1.  Prescribe ointments and medicines, including those effective in Western medicine if you can.

2.  Prescribe detailed rituals and prayers and so on (sleep orientation, abstinence from sex, avoiding certain foods -- that sort of thing.

3.  Generally the patient will get better, probably because they would have anyway, maybe because of placebo effects (there is significant documentation that this effect is quite real.

4.  If the patient dies anyway, blame the patient for not doing things correctly or for not believing strongly enough.

Our thoughts affect our bodies, we just need something to solidify an belief. Fake pill, fake 'energy' treatment, ritual, etc. Couple this with real treatment and I'm sure that it would be beneficial to a higher degree. Mostly because negative thinking on a subconscious level makes things worse.

• Like 2

I am a 7th son of a 7th son of a 7th son and i have no powers and will not be continuing the tradition  i only have 4 sons...  I am a awesome guitar player tho  lol

• Like 3

Willie Dixon ?

~

~

I love this one ...

• 1 month later...

7 is supposed to be one of those mystical numbers. I've heard that 7th sons of 7th sons are supposed to be gifted with paranormal powers, and were psychics, "wizards" and things like that. I think it's just folklore, though.

Sounds like I got some baby making to do...4 down, 3 to go...then off to get the 7th one raised and baby making, too. lol

That's just too many kids. 13 siblings...even just 7 siblings...the 7th son of a 7th son would be a miracle that their grandmother would still have all her sanity. 

Maybe the Dugger family could weigh in on this one. 

(And just to say....I keep thinking Iron Maiden)

My grandad, father's side, always claimed he was the 7th son of a 7th son, but I haven't (yet) been able to verify that - one day I'll get interested in genealogy and try to find out, I guess.

Anyway, he claimed to have water divining powers (this was in the 40's thru mid 60's in rural Australia), but even as a kid I had my doubts, all his divining was done in an area with a very large river nearby and no doubt lots of groundwater...  Water diviners have never been able to prove anything beyond a good knowledge of the land and clues that would lead to success.  As far as I can remember he did not claim anything else and I can still picture his shock of white hair and his wicked grin when he talked about his divining successes...

He was a lovely old man, and died in the way I'd like - he had a massive heart attack at 90 years of age, falling off his bike as he pedalled to the corner shop and dying virtually instantly.  Way to go, Granpop!  My Dad (grandad's second offspring of two) didn't do so well - he died in his forties and I've comfortably outlived him...

25 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

My grandad, father's side, always claimed he was the 7th son of a 7th son, but I haven't (yet) been able to verify that - one day I'll get interested in genealogy and try to find out, I guess.

Anyway, he claimed to have water divining powers (this was in the 40's thru mid 60's in rural Australia), but even as a kid I had my doubts, all his divining was done in an area with a very large river nearby and no doubt lots of groundwater...  Water diviners have never been able to prove anything beyond a good knowledge of the land and clues that would lead to success.  As far as I can remember he did not claim anything else and I can still picture his shock of white hair and his wicked grin when he talked about his divining successes...

He was a lovely old man, and died in the way I'd like - he had a massive heart attack at 90 years of age, falling off his bike as he pedalled to the corner shop and dying virtually instantly.  Way to go, Granpop!  My Dad (grandad's second offspring of two) didn't do so well - he died in his forties and I've comfortably outlived him...

Did the old guy smoke ? 

Just now, Habitat said:

Did the old guy smoke ? 

No, I'm pretty sure he didn't.  My dad did, I don't but had two elder brothers who smoked a lot around me!  Oddly, I have had one run in with the Big C, including having a very large chunk of flesh removed from my leg around a nasty melanoma when I was about 30, nearly 30 years ago.  The doc's at the time were saying that I would be very lucky if it hadn't spread to anywhere else.

But clearly, it hadn't spread to anywhere else :), and here I still am. 

Just makes me think of that White Stripes song.

• 5 months later...
On 09/10/2016 at 11:53 AM, Roofmaster said:

I am a 7th son of a 7th son of a 7th son and i have no powers and will not be continuing the tradition  i only have 4 sons...  I am a awesome guitar player tho  lol

My dad was a7th 7th of a 7th and he had ....... me and my sister lol by the way this thread is 7 pages long spooky.....or maybe not

Iron Maiden. Still have that album.

Iron Maiden. Oh the memories. Partied on their tour bus many years ago. Very nice guys, also very short.