Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

7th Son of a 7th Son

Touch of Evil

Some lady told George Noory last night on Coast to Coast that she knew a person who was a 7th Son of a 7th Son, and she was trying to find out more about him.

George ended his first hour by saying a 7th Son was a gifted person with ESP like powers..

I don't know if you listen to Iron Maiden or not but they have a whole album based upon the 7th Son.. I heard it was a sci-fi series of books..

Also, my friend borrowed some type of vampire book from somebody and told me there was something in it about the 7th Son..

Anyone have any info?

• Like 2

all i know is that a 7th son of a 7th son is said to be born with curative (healing) powers in irish folklore, and that in some vampire stories it is possible to be born a vampire if you are the 7th son of a 7th son.

hope that helps a little original.gif

Well, in a Terry Pratchett book the 8th son of the 8th son of a wizard is a sorcerer. I don't think that is much help to you though...

My wife's grandfather is a seventh son of a seventh son, and he can do weird things. I once seen him take a worm and put it in his palm. Whats so weird about that you ask, it shriveled up and died. The man is 77 years old and still does construction for godsake. But he don't look as old as some 55 yeat olds I know its creepy. His dad was the seventh son of 8 boys of 14 total siblings, and he was the seventh son of seven boys from a total of 13 siblings. He in turn had 13 kids of his own and my mother in law was the seventh child but shes a girl so I don't know how that works out. She's still creepy though. blink.gif

• Like 1

story or no story I saw it happen for real. There was no prep, it was a hundred percent spontaneous. It could not have been faked because I seen him do it once and my wife said she seen him do it many times. Its kinda like me not being able to wear watches.

Edited by Stixxman

Some lady told George Noory last night on Coast to Coast that she knew a person who was a 7th Son of a 7th Son, and she was trying to find out more about him. 

George ended his first hour by saying a 7th Son was a gifted person with ESP like powers..

I don't know if you listen to Iron Maiden or not but they have a whole album based upon the 7th Son.. I heard it was a sci-fi series of books..

Also, my friend borrowed some type of vampire book from somebody and told me there was something in it about the 7th Son..

Anyone have any info?

675493[/snapback]

Haha, when I saw your topic, Iron Maiden was the first thing I thought of. I had no idea until now that the 7th son of a 7th son was anything other than a heavy metal album from Iron Maiden. Interesting nonetheless. One can learn tidbits of something everyday from this site...

• Like 1

Yeah thats the same thing i thought when my wife said it but then when I asked her if it was from iron maiden she asked who they were and then asked if it was from that scene from bill and ted's bogus juorney. I knew something was up then.

There is some metaphysical power behind the number seven. I'll look into it.

I was under the impression that this was supposed to be an old Romanian gypsy story.

675574[/snapback]

thats always a possibility yes.gif

i don't know much about this sort of thing though no.gif

innocent.gif

As someone pointed out, the seventh son of a seventh son is supposed to have extraordinary healing powers, but they didn't mention that they are also supposedly torn between good and evil, the same powers that have blessed them also curse them. In different cultures the seventh son has different meanings. For example, some cultures believe that the seventh sons would be a werewolf and would often be abandoned, and it was also rumored in some cultures that the seventh son of a seventh son may be a vampire.

The healing powers of the seventh son is also a superstition held in France, the seventh son was called a Marcou and branded with a fleur-de-lis (though i've also heard debate of whether it was the fleur-de-lis or the rose, since traditionally the sixth son is branded with the fleur-de-lis, and the the seventh is branded with a rose, but i don't know much about all that.)

I'm not sure of the origins of this myth though, but I don't think the origin is known either. hope that helped.

this is so interesting. i've never heard of this before. Hey Stixman. What other wierd stuff can your wife's grandfather do? lol this is cool. i can't wait for Jeremy to come back with his finds on the number 7. maybe i'll do a little research too.

Some people think Iron Maiden, but I think G.I.Joe.

The Cobra hypnotist known as Crystal Ball was a seventh son of a seventh son. His file card only suggests that such people are believed to possess "supernatural powers" including limited mind reading.

This write up was written by Stephen King, in exchange for having a different G.I.Joe character named after his son. Despite this, Crystall Ball is one of the least popular G.I.Joe characters ever!

You've got to be of a certain age to remember this guy, though.

Crystal Ball

There are references to the seventh son of the seventh son throughout the Bible. In fact the number 7 period seems to be of special significance to God. For instance, King David was a seventh son, God rested on the seventh day, the 7 headed monster and the 7 seals in the book of Revelation. To name a few.

The 7th son of the 7th son, I've always thought it had to do with the paranormal not sure in which way though.

The thing with me and watches is...I can't wear them, they never work longer than a week. Its true and I've heard all kinds of reasons like I just happen to buy the ones that are on their last legs to a strong magnetic field in my body(although how I got the one on its last legs fifteen times in a row I don't know). I don't know what the real reason is but it always happens. (not even getting them fixed or having the battery replaced works either they still break) huh.gif

The watch thing is very interesting man. Anything else weird happen around you or is it just the watches?

Too many intances of deja vu and my ear rings whenever a tv or computer or any kind of monitor is turned on around me.

The medium / Psychic Gordon Smith is the 7th son of a 7th son.....In Ireland they are reknowned for having healing powers

I don't know if any of you have seen the Ernest movies.. Anyway I was watching Ernest Scared Stupid today, and in the movie his character was, "The seventh son of the seventh son, the baby, the boy." Anyway supposedly he had the power that comes with being the prementioned title. It's a pretty funny movie, not related really, but I guess it works.

The thing with me and watches is...I can't wear them, they never work longer than a week.  Its true and I've heard all kinds of reasons like I just happen to buy the ones that are on their last legs to a strong magnetic field in my body(although how I got the one on its last legs fifteen times in a row I don't know).  I don't know what the real reason is but it always happens.  (not even getting them fixed or having the battery replaced works either they still break) huh.gif

677933[/snapback]

The same thing happens to me - can only wear an anti-magnetic diver's watch. All others will not work on me, though they will work on my desk; or if my sister wears them. I work in electronics and cannot handle static-sensitive devices either - have seen this many times. I believe there is a connection between this and the watches. The electronic chips get "blown" if I handle them, even if I am "grounded" at the time. I am also the daughter of a 7th son of a 7th son; and my Dad had these weird abilities: he was a healer of burns; and a finder of lost objects. Never could understand these things and found it hard to believe even though I witnessed his "talents" many times.

Anyone have any info?

675493[/snapback]

My Dad was a seventh son of a seventh son; and he told me he knew from his earliest memory that he could heal burns. No one told him this - he just knew. I have seen him heal burns on many people thrughout the years; and he healed my hands when I was burned very badly as a child, and kept me from having to have skin grafts. He was also able to find lost objects very quickly. We never understood his "gifts", and neither did he; and even though it was so hard to believe, we saw it happen so many times that we came to believe. The only psychic ability he ever showed was his prediction of his own death at age 85 in May 2004.

• 10 months later...

There are references to the seventh son of the seventh son throughout the Bible. In fact the number 7 period seems to be of special significance to God. For instance, King David was a seventh son, God rested on the seventh day, the 7 headed monster and the 7 seals in the book of Revelation. To name a few.

I am one. There are things I do no one understands,so I don't talk about it.

I am the 3rd generation of 7th sons..my youngest is the 4th. The first one was a voodoo practicing pirate. We are an odd clan.

^ Hrrmmzz Odd seems a light description?