Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Starlyte

Maya mystery solution may be warning

7 posts in this topic

WASHINGTON -- Images from space are providing scientists with new clues about the mysterious collapse of the Mayan civilization of Central America and some hints about the fates of other ancient civilizations that tried, and failed, to manipulate their environments with massive public works projects.

Analyses of satellite images by NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center and others suggest that, at least in the Petén region of northern Guatemala, the Maya made major ecological mistakes. Those, in turn, led to the collapse of what, around 800 A.D., was one of the most densely populated regions of the New World.

"By about 900 A.D., these people had all but disappeared, and we think we're beginning to understand why," NASA archaeologist Tom Sever told the World Archaeological Congress in Washington.

Article LINK

Sorry starlyte but I dont have much to say about this topic

That is truly amazing.

Well, I would certainly like to see more on this topic. Is there anything with some type of pictures from the satellites?

I wonder just how often races have become desimated through over population and deforestation . I mean it apparently happened on Easter Island as well . I just hope that we have or will learn from these mistakes.

I wonder just how often races have become desimated through over population and deforestation . I mean it apparently happened on Easter Island as well . I just hope that we have or will learn from these mistakes.

I was thinking the same thing, Kismit.

(we've certainly had enough time and incidents~which we're

discovering more every day) rolleyes.gif

Fascinating article, thanks for posting it, starlyte. original.gif

hMMMM...THE CRYSTAL SKULLS?