Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spritual warfare

F. Mulder

My friend read a book on spiritual warfare and said that there are a kind of demon that make you frightened of nothing. They just induce fear into you. He also said that if someone gets possesed by a demon, all you need to do is say "Inthe name of Jesus Christ leave this persons body". If the subject is not ready though, then the demon wil re-enter the persons body, and have a stronger grip on that person. Some ways to identify if someone is possesed is that they may have superhuman abilieties,the ability to speak in different languages, and/or thier voice may change into a much deeper pitch.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• FearLess !

• The Silver Thong

• iaapac

My friend read a book on spiritual warfare and said that there are a kind of demon that make you frightened of nothing. They just induce fear into you. He also said that if someone gets possesed by a demon, all you need to do is say "Inthe name of Jesus Christ leave this persons body". If the subject is not ready though, then the demon wil re-enter the persons body, and have a stronger grip on that person. Some ways to identify if someone is possesed is that they may have superhuman abilieties,the ability to speak in different languages, and/or thier voice may change into a much deeper pitch.

682992[/snapback]

There is no temptation taken you but that which is common to man and God will not test you more than you can handle. Resist the devil and he shall flee.

Or in more modern vernacular, "Just say no".

I posted a similar response somewhere else, can't remember where though.

Anyway, I was once in the presence of someone posessed so. They were screaming (and when I say scream, it was unnatural; not human). Three Christians were praying for the spirit to leave her body.

After the event, this girl was a totally different person. Not prone to violence, or outburst of rage, like I knew her before, but calm, generous, caring.

So yeah, I believe that evil spirits can possess people. But i also believe it takes more than just chanting Jesus' name to exorcise them. It takes true faith in our Lord and saviour for this to happen. If one does not believe, then one cannot call on Jesus' name.

Anyway, I was once in the presence of someone posessed so.  They were screaming (and when I say scream, it was unnatural; not human).  Three Christians were praying for the spirit to leave her body.

After the event, this girl was a totally different person.  Not prone to violence, or outburst of rage, like I knew her before, but calm, generous, caring.

So yeah, I believe that evil spirits can possess people.  But i also believe it takes more than just chanting Jesus' name to exorcise them.  It takes true faith in our Lord and saviour for this to happen.  If one does not believe, then one cannot call on Jesus' name.

683859[/snapback]

I have very little experience with such things. But some people say devils and demons cannot possess you unless you invite them in.

I have very little experience with such things. But some people say devils and demons cannot possess you unless you invite them in.

684195[/snapback]

I certainly believe that is correct. Not only with words, but by doing the wrong things playing with Ouija boards, etc.) as well. I also don't believe that a demon can possess you if you are a Christian; however, you CAN be obsessed with and even *oppressed* by them. It has been said of Satan (or Lucifer, actually) that he appears as an angel of light -- seeming to be good, but deceitful and evil underneath. And as such, he appeals to our human nature of curiosity, and before we know it, we have opened a door that we cannot easily shut again.

And it's also true that it takes faith to cast out a demon, not just words.

~Scarlet~

ok I am really freaked out over this Georgia haunting stuff of the Wyrick family. It was on the discovery channel and everything. The show said that they contacted their Pastor and got their Church involved. Yet now I've read that the younger daughter is still seeing spirits? Did the evil spirit depart after the Pastor got involved? Aren't all Demons and evil spirits supposed to flee at the name of JESUS?

Did they speak the evil spirits out in the Holy Name of JESUS?

Cuz if not then that's something they need to do.

Keep me posted. I am so freaked out and I feel yucky inside. JESUS help restore me! In Your precious name Jesus I pray... †

Lisa

GOD bless you all.

Lisa

• 1 month later...

Anyway, I was once in the presence of someone posessed so.  They were screaming (and when I say scream, it was unnatural; not human).  Three Christians were praying for the spirit to leave her body.

After the event, this girl was a totally different person.  Not prone to violence, or outburst of rage, like I knew her before, but calm, generous, caring.

So yeah, I believe that evil spirits can possess people.  But i also believe it takes more than just chanting Jesus' name to exorcise them.  It takes true faith in our Lord and saviour for this to happen.  If one does not believe, then one cannot call on Jesus' name.

683859[/snapback]

Hello, I'm new to the forums here.

I wanted to clarify a few misunderstandings concerning demons and deliverance from them.

While it is true that you must have faith when using the " Name of Jesus ", It is also true

that you must belong to Christ to have His authority over Demonic Spirits.

Please consider the following passage...

Acts 19:15 The evil spirit answered, "Jesus I know, and Paul I know, but who are you?"

Somehow a group of these itinerant Jewish exorcists--the seven sons of a Jewish high priest, Sceva--had heard Paul preaching and speaking the name of Jesus. From other texts, we know that Paul often spoke of Jesus as the "Son of the Most High," a name that would obviously appealed to such exorcists for use in various spells and incantations. And now here we find the seven sons of Sceva using the name of Jesus during exorcisms. But using our Lord's name backfired on them, for when the "evil spirit," heard these men using the name of Jesus, "he answered them, `Jesus I know and Paul I know about, but who are you?'" Certainly this was not what the would-be exorcists wanted to hear! It also did not help matters when the man who was possessed by the demon somehow over-powered all seven of these men, beating them to the point that their clothes were stripped from them and they were bleeding.

This incident soon become widely known throughout the region, and as Luke puts it, "they were all seized with fear." And as a result of this was that the name of "the Lord Jesus was held in high honor." As a demonstration of their new-found faith in the true God Most High, whose name was now openly upon their lips, here were these former magicians, sorcerers and wizards, publically burning their scrolls, which contained all of their secret incantations and spells. The collective value of these amounted to some fifty thousand drachmas, no small amount.

grin2.gif

ok I am really freaked out over this Georgia haunting stuff of the Wyrick family.  It was on the discovery channel and everything.  The show said that they contacted their Pastor and got their Church involved.  Yet now I've read that the younger daughter is still seeing spirits?  Did the evil spirit depart after the Pastor got involved?  Aren't all Demons and evil spirits supposed to flee at the name of JESUS?   

Did they speak the evil spirits out in the Holy Name of JESUS? 

Cuz if not then that's something they need to do.

Keep me posted.   I am so freaked out and I feel yucky inside.  JESUS help restore me!  In Your precious name Jesus I pray... †

Lisa

GOD bless you all.

Lisa

693103[/snapback]

Actually, the pastor of the church simply told them that they have authority over them.

I was more than upset at this because what should of happened is, they should have

went through the renounciation process of all satanic activity for all the family members.

Once that's done the dirtbags (demonic spirits )..LOL, No longer have a right to attack the people.

Then comes annointing the house in the name of Jesus.

This is a cleansing process that must be done so that the spirits no longer have a right to the property. Asking God to forgive all witchcraft and satanic involvement , renouncing it and asking God to come and place His Presence and His Angelic hosts over the property.

Once this is done, the spirits and their power as well as their rights of being there have been destroyed. And their power and authority will also be severely reduced !

Command all spirits of witchcraft, necromancy, satanism, death, murder (if someone died of murder on the property), allegiance to satan and his spirits to be bound and cast out by the blood of Jesus !

If they do return, they are only trying to cause you to fear !

Sometimes they do, because they do not want to lose the place they have once had control of.

1st Timothy 1:7 God has not givin you a spirit of fear, but Power,...His Power !

Cast out the spirit of fear !

As a Holy Spirit filled believer you have more authority !

You also have more discernment into the spiritual realm !

Acts 19:2 - Have you received the Holy Spirit since you have believed ?

Acts 1:8 - ( Jesus ) You shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you !

Speaking God's word with authority drives them away !

Playing powerful worship music and worshipping God is actually your greatest weapon !

God will pour out His presence and you will have His peace.

They can't stand God's presence !

But both of these together benefits a believer the most !

A few Powerful scriptures to declare are...

Psalm 91 - I am in the hands of the Lord !

The Most High is my safe resting-place, my refuge,

and no evil shall conquer me. nor any plague or calamity come near my dwelling !

For He will give His angels charge over me to accompany and defend and preserve me in all my ways !

Luke 10:19 - Behold, I give you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions,

and over all the power of the enemy. Nothing will in any way hurt you !

Psalm 62:11- All the power belongs to God !

Matt 16:18 - The gates of hell shall not prevail against the church !

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against you shall prosper !

Hope this answers your questions and gives you strength, hope, and courage.

- Fearless -

POWER

The King was born in Bethlehem and raised a Nazarene

The Cornerstone begins His ministry in Galilee.

Power from above. Power to rule with love.

Prophet, teacher, savoir. Gods begotten son.

He heals the sick, The blind to see

The Christ has finally come.

Power, His story. Power, His glory

I'm not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ.

Power

This is the power that brings us new life.

Power. The mercy gate.

Power. A new life by faith.

Persecuted by government they could not understand.

How could this Jesus before them be both God and man.

He was crushed for our evil, punished in our place

He died for us, He rose again.

Receive His saving grace.

© 1996 Eternal Decision

Edited by FearLess !

What if it was a Jewish demon? Christ wouldn't compel him. hmm yes.gif

788756[/snapback]

LOL,...no such thing. Demons don't represent culture only the devil who is a liar & a loser w00t.gif

Edited by FearLess !

Well how would Hindus get rid of demons since they don't believe in Christianity?hmm! yes.gif

Well how would Hindus get rid of demons since they don't believe in Christianity?hmm! yes.gif

788767[/snapback]

They wouldn't thumbsup.gif unless they renounced hindu involvement and gave their lives to Christ.

Thats what I was looking for. You chrisitians think that everyone else's religion is bogus except yours. Such ARROGANCE. Most of the world would be going to hell considering that two thrids of the population of the earth is not Christian.

788756[/snapback]

Have to agree. Why is it only Christians getting possessed? at least it seems that way. I have heard of many posesions taking place all over the world. So what roll does Jesus play in those one's?

Tribal leaders in Africa for example perform exorcisms all the time, with out using "the power of Christ compel's you". Posesion in any form is a mental disorder and the church should back off.

Ok ok I can't be 100 % sure of that but my 2 cents anyway. Skeptic believer here.

:whis can an Athiest be possesed?

Edited by The Silver Thong

682992[/snapback]

Oh, Sweet Gaia, I have the book "Spiritual Warfare"!!! w00t.gif

I must say, it's absolutely horrible. I firmly believe that the author was schitzophrenic. I don't believe even a huckster would expect a sane person to believe the dregs vomited onto those pages. The author even goes so far as to explain how vegetarians are inadvertant minions of Satan and health food stores are bastions of Satanic influence. wacko.gif

Pure. Utter. Crap. blink.gif

Mike

Thats what I was looking for. You chrisitians think that everyone else's religion is bogus except yours. Such ARROGANCE. Most of the world would be going to hell considering that two thrids of the population of the earth is not Christian.

788781[/snapback]

Hey bro,...ease up blink.gif

I'm just stating the facts. did you even read my posts ?

If you would have taken the time to, you would have realized your question was already answered.

Acts 19:15 The evil spirit answered, "Jesus I know, and Paul I know, but who are you?"

Somehow a group of these itinerant Jewish exorcists--the seven sons of a Jewish high priest, Sceva--had heard Paul preaching and speaking the name of Jesus. From other texts, we know that Paul often spoke of Jesus as the "Son of the Most High," a name that would obviously appealed to such exorcists for use in various spells and incantations. And now here we find the seven sons of Sceva using the name of Jesus during exorcisms. But using our Lord's name backfired on them, for when the "evil spirit," heard these men using the name of Jesus, "he answered them, `Jesus I know and Paul I know about, but who are you?'" Certainly this was not what the would-be exorcists wanted to hear! It also did not help matters when the man who was possessed by the demon somehow over-powered all seven of these men, beating them to the point that their clothes were stripped from them and they were bleeding.

Not only is this a biblical account but i have seen demons myself attack those who simply try to use Jesus name to try to rid themselves of demonic attack.

It happened at the last place of employment actually.

A spiritist attempted to do so and her whole world turned upside down in a matter of days !

The fact isn't whether we " Christians think we are the only true religion."

In the book of Hebrews, God says he holds his word above his name !

In Romans it says there is no other name under heaven by which men can be saved !

and in Philippians it says God has givin Jesus a name which is higher than any other name.

and at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is

Lord Of All !

I'm just tellin ya what the book says and the results of giving your life to Christ are, as well as the authority you have and freedom you have from demonic oppression.

Unless you've got some sincere questions and really want to learn a few things here,

I Got to go bro....

Choice is yours innocent.gif

- FearLess -

Edited by FearLess !

Jesus Christ is lord of all ! WOW nope won't go there,sound to much like extemists talking crap.

Jesus Christ is lord of all !  WOW nope won't go there,sound to much like extemists talking crap.

788817[/snapback]

" WOW nope won't go there "

John 1 - The light of God shines in the darkness, but the darkness does not want the light.

They who are in darkness, hate the light lest their evil ways be brought to the light and

they be saved from that darkness.

Again, Just stating what's written in the Word.

Even Jesus said " Satan, it is written " you shall worship the Lord God only.

The word of God is the highest Power and authority.

Hmmm,..Maybe that's why He calls Himself the Most High God.

I don't know how you consider any of this extreme ?

Unfamiliar to you, yes, extreme,..no.

It appears you're just mad because all you can do is throw bad comments instead

of using knowledge, wisdom and humility in your posts.

Does this make you feel superior in some way...?

It actually makes you appear quite foolish.

Proverbs - Speak not in the self confident ears of a fool !

I believe i'm done here. no use arguing with those that only seek to attack.

sleepy.gif

Not attacking you,but you cannot see past your own religion. What makes you think that your religion out of 10,000 is the only correct one and the only way we can keep ourselves from hell. That is arrogance.

Edited by ericraven2003

Jesus Christ is lord of all !   WOW nope won't go there,sound to much like extemists talking crap.

788817[/snapback]

" WOW nope won't go there "

John 1 - The light of God shines in the darkness, but the darkness does not want the light.

They who are in darkness, hate the light lest their evil ways be brought to the light and

they be saved from that darkness.

Again, Just stating what's written in the Word.

Even Jesus said " Satan, it is written " you shall worship the Lord God only.

The word of God is the highest Power and authority.

Hmmm,..Maybe that's why He calls Himself the Most High God.

I don't know how you consider any of this extreme ?

Unfamiliar to you, yes, extreme,..no.

It appears you're just mad because all you can do is throw bad comments instead

of using knowledge, wisdom and humility in your posts.

Does this make you feel in some way...?

It actually makes you appear quite foolish.

Proverbs - Speak not in the self confident ears of a fool !

I believe i'm done here. no use arguing with those that only seek to attack.

sleepy.gif

788845[/snapback]

Again wow did my little post sound like I was mad, I was not mad,upset or even miffed. What you want to believe in fine with me, but when you come across as an extremist and try to push the word of God down my throat, I will call as I see it.

As far as me feeling superior because I do not feel the same way you do makes me wonder about your superiority complex. Are we not so sure anymore are we doubting ourselves, ask yourself.

Who is more foolish? the fool that leads or the fool that follows? You speak all the proverbs you want,and go knock on someone elses door.

788781[/snapback]

People in other religions do have ceremonies to cast out evil spirits. But, consider this: Devils and evil spirits are liars and deceivers. In those other religions, that are not Christian, the devils are not forced to leave. The devils leave by their own will (or just pretend to leave) to further deceive the people into thinking that their religion is real. But that is only a deception.

In Christianity, when a real Christian, commands a devil to leave, in the name of Jesus Christ, and he has faith in that name, then the power of God forces the devil to leave. [That is different from the devil leaving of his own will to make a deception, like what happens in the false religions.]

Satan's main goal is to deceive people, so that they will go to hell. Devils do make false miracles happen to deceive people into false religious beliefs, so that they will go to hell.

Devils put diseases on people. In Christianity, through faith in the name of Jesus, the power of God will heal those people.

In false religions, healings can happen too. But that is the devils simply taking away the diseases, that they put on people, to further deceive them into thinking that their false religion is real. If Satan can deceive them into believing in a false religion, then they will go to hell. Deceiving people into hell is Satan's prime objective.

Conscerning your statement about most of the world going to hell:

Jesus plainly said that most of the world is going to destruction, and that is true in every generation.

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Matthew 7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I take it then that demonic possession is a symptom of Christiandom?

" but when you come across as an extremist and try to push the word of God down my throat,

I will call as I see it."

I guess what I fail to see in your statement here is how I pushed the word of God down your throat?

If you have a problem with the word of God, it may be because someone once came accross to you that way at one time in your life.

I simply responded to a thread about removing demonic spirits from a person and from a home.

What I stated is not only biblical, but is the only way to rid yourself and your home from demonic attack.

But go ahead try to get rid of them in the name of Allah, Buddah, by Spiritist procedures,

etc. what you will discover is, there is only one power, one source, and His name is far superior

above all other so called gods, who are not gods at all but formulated from humanity's finite mind.

Why is it so difficult to accept the fact that there is only one way, and one true God ?

All I can say to this is, I'm very thankful there is !

That means I don't have to go through your list of 10,000 or so religions that exist to get help !!!

And here's a few reasons to back up why God is supreme over all !

1. Can any other so called God love ? Do they have the capacity to love ?

Jesus Christ loves you. If he didn't, he wouldn't of givin up his life for you.

How has He shown his love to me aside from this ?

He has saved me from commiting suicide.

He has healed me of my past emotional pain.

He saved me from getting herpes.

He healed my back that was severely damaged from a work related injury.

I asked him to heal me according to His word in my bedroom and instantly my back was

restored before my very eyes ! It's been 4 years and my back is even stronger than it was

before the injury.

He has delivered me from the bondage of ciggerettes.

He has saved me from those that have come against me on a job.

He has been my defense in court.

These are just a few things.

2. Next time you are in trouble, say in an airplane, car or whatever, call on all of the 10,000

or so called religions or so called gods and see if you get a reply !

people always call to God for help !

Not Buddah, Allah, or whatever !

Ya wanna no why ???,...They don't exist !

You attack and are hostile to what you do not understand.

If you would at least give him an honest chance in your life,

you would arrive at the same conclusion I and thousands of others have...

God is good, He is not a religion, He's alive and well.

Allah, Buddah, and all the other philosophers have one thing in common,

they're all dead !

He cares and loves us and he wants us to come to Him,

so He can help us in this fallen dark world. He is the only light, way, and hope.

And He wants us to know him more intimately.

When we do, we realize that He is all He says He is and more grin2.gif

His word brings life and peace.

You are hostile to the very thing that can help you.

Why can't you understand this ?

Unlike coming across as a religious nut, or an extremist,

I have presented God in a very different way to you.

Peace

- Fearless -

Edited by FearLess !

682992[/snapback]

There that's the original post... the reason using a name like Jesus works is because you believe it works. Sweeping and clapping work for the Balinese. Why? Becuase a clean bright noisy home is more positive than a dank dark quiet one. Casting a white light works for witches. Why? same thing as the Balinese.

What I worry about is why we preached a brand of faith before we looked at wether or not posession is real and or wether it is actually caused by a spirit or a mental illness.

Fearless, you are new here. Welcome to the boards. Please take some time to look around. There are many religions represented here and for this reason we can not consider it polite to push any one belief as the only right way.

Possession should be looked at as a mental illness. Even most christians would say 99.9% of them are mental illness. You can't cast out schizophrenia with any gods name.

Edited by ericraven2003