Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

This freaked me out.

snuffypuffer

Okay, I know this probably doesn't really qualify as a paranormal experience, but as I was driving home from a friend's house one night, past the airport, out of the corner of my eye it looked like there was someone sitting in the passenger seat. When I turned to look, it was gone. Scared the hell out of me. Geez, now that I typed it out, it just sounds kind of sad. Anybody else have street lights freak them out?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dust19

• snuffypuffer

• Kismit

• djdodo

ALL THE TIME. the following is a list of things that have scared me in the past:

pillows, blankets, trees, my reflection, my shadow, mailboxes (often look like people while driving at night), my own hand (read below), seeds, leaves, fuzz, cobwebs, light from passing cars coming in my window.

(about the hand thing, sometimes, if i sleep on my arm funny, the entire limb goes numb. So when I wake up, it doesn't feel like it's mine. I can pick it up with my other hand and it is just dead weight. So before I realized it was my own arm...it freaked the hell out of me)....also arms are heavy!!

when i was a kid, there was a large tree across the street from my window that looked just like King Kong(at night). it really freaked me out.

(about the hand thing, sometimes, if i sleep on my arm funny, the entire limb goes numb. So when I wake up, it doesn't feel like it's mine. I can pick it up with my other hand and it is just dead weight. So before I realized it was my own arm...it freaked the hell out of me)....also arms are heavy!!

dust, didn't you think that your arm might really be dead?

I had that happen once, and I thought I'd lain on it so long, I'd cut

off the blood supply! That is top of my list of personal scary things! ohmy.gif

when i was a kid, there was a large tree across the street from my window that looked just like King Kong(at night). it really freaked me out.

When I was a kid I didn't like getting out of bed at night to go to the Toilet . Not only was I freaked out by the hand under the bed and the man in the Toilet (both figments of my imagination) Whenever I looked down the hall toward the toilet I swear I saw a herd of elephants running toward me .

Snuffy ,

Once after a night shift at work I was driving home when I caught a glimpse of a small tree out the side of my eye . I thought I'd almost hit someone and it scarred me silly . If that wasn't bad enough I had to cross the train tracks to get home . No sooner had my back wheels left the tracks than the lights and bells started going off "DING DING DING DING ", Ithought OMG the aliens are coming , but they wern't huh.gif

I always mistaken socks for rats, birds as incoming baseballs, house plants as strange people in the night ( all in broad daylight)my own knee draped by a blanket in the dark can appear to me to be the virgin mary.When i look into the mirror real hard, sometimes i realise how little i actually know myself, or how unfamilar my face is to me..but that could just be because i take off my glasses when i do that.

ps that was a funny story dust

dust, didn't you think that your arm might really be dead?

i never really thought my hand was dead...because in my theory...everything always works out for the better. (i'll change my mind when it stops happening

let's see.....blankets on the floor, I thought were a "demon" (I was young then, o.k.?), reflection in my back seat I thought was a person......

Oh, yeah, and my friends huge Tazmanian Devil one night, I thought was "looking" at me! ph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gif

Ok......aliens......I thought my steriou was an an alien......and street lights always go off as I pass them then turn back on once I'm gone..I think it's a gurdian angel with a magnetic field about it....angels, all angels are made mostly of a magnetic feild! wub.gif

flashbacks....and_today

Ok......aliens......I thought my steriou was an an alien......and street lights always go off as I pass them then turn back on once I'm gone..I think it's a gurdian angel with a magnetic field about it....angels, all angels are made mostly of a magnetic feild! wub.gif

strange...this happens a lot to me too!....though maybe it's just because they blink on and off quite a bit, and we just happen to pass under at that time?

You wouldn't believe how many other people experience lights and/or electronics malfunctioning around them! Click below for some interesting accounts....

SLI stories

Thank Jeezus I'm not the only one!! Oh, when I was a kid, when I was laying in bed at night, I'd lay on my side and hear the blood rushing through my ears. It always made me imagine that legions of stormtroopers were marching through my bedroom.

And sometimes, Dust, when I'm reading a really interesting magazine article in the bathroom, my leg will go to sleep, and I walk around funny for awhile. Like I'm crippled or something.

That must have been one H*LL of an article or one real long article you were reading for your leg to go to sleep on ya!!

laugh.giftongue.giflaugh.giftongue.giflaugh.giftongue.giflaugh.giftongue.giflaugh.gif

just how much had you had to drink? jk original.gif I usually see stuff in the rearview I sometimes wonder if it's not just the idea of the old urban legend thing original.gif

pillows, blankets,

wink.gif

hmm ... these two freak me alot ... he he ... laugh.gif ... some times when I wake up at night ... I see a big black thing in front of my face ... then I discover that it was the blanket or the pillow ... blink.gif

yep, I've had BOTH legs fall asleep in the bathroom before. Usually when I am reading a book and forget that i'm still on the toilet. It really is a comfortable chair!

I also have had the heartbeat in your ears thing. But is sound more like evenly spaced clashed of thunder in my head. I used to hate that when I was little. (does anyone else get 'head thunder' when they blink their eyes really hard? Not a regular blink, but if you try to close your eyes from the inside out, if that makes any sense. Blink like you're trying to crush your eyeballs, then it will happen.)

yep, I've had BOTH legs fall asleep in the bathroom before. Usually when I am reading a book and forget that i'm still on the toilet. It really is a comfortable chair!

laugh.gif

and about the eye thing ... I think that happens to me as well ... unsure.gif

Never got the head thunder, but I have rubbed my eyes too hard and gotten dizzy.

I once woke up and thought, in the darkness, that there was a huge pile of dirty laundry on my bedroom floor, but when I turned on the light I saw to my relief that it was merely some sort of vast demon rhinocerous. Phew!

I know the feeling. There are times I will drive by the side of the road and I think I see an animal or a dead person lying by the road and as I get closer nothing is there. Its weird. Sometimes its just a plastic bag though, but it gets freaky driving at night by yourself.