Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Star Jelly

dalia

Hello fellow mystery buffs,

There is something that I need help on finding. I read, a number of years ago, about a substance called Star Jelly in a book on unexplained phenomena. I don't remember the exact title of the book, or the author.

The book stated that there were a number of reports over a number of years regarding what they termed Star Jelly.

I am hoping that someone can help me find some reference to this to refresh my memory on what all was said about this substance.

I personally think it may tie in with evolution, considering what scientists are discovering in regard to our genetic makeup.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

Dalia :)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dalia

• Magikman

• aquatus1

• GCOW

Top Posters In This Topic

Dalia,

Here are a couple links for you that contain some relevant information on your "star jelly".

http://www.arpnet.it/~ufo/roundup.37

http://www.science-frontiers.com/sf040/sf040p16.htm

Pwdre ser is the Welsh name for star jelly. It appears in European folklore from hundreds of years ago. It seems space jelly was connected to the sightings of falling stars and meteorites. The more modern day occurances wed the appearance of space jelly with UFO sightings and landings. I hope this is some help to you.

Magikman

Thank you. I appreciate the info. I knew there was another name for it, but couldn't remember what it was.

Dalia

• 3 years later...

I while back I actually heard a theory that star jelly was actually the corpses of strange, jellyfish like blobs that live in the upper atmosphere. Can't recall where that came from, though.