Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Only A Bible can survive a fire

mypaddedroom

I'm making this as short as possible so bare with me please. A woman had a troubled son he moved out because cops were after him.

The cops went to his Moms house thinking he was there. So they tear gassed the house all up then broke in destroying the house in search of him. Soon the woman returned home seen the mess and said my son(who they were looking for moved out long ago) So the cops destroyed a house whn no one was home for nothing and did not pay to fix it.

Soon she fixed the house up not long after that it brned down. Talk about bad luck. And after the fire the only thing that survived the fire was a bible!

Is this something spirtual or what.

And this just happened! It was in our paper the bible conained picstures of family in it also and thats the onl thing that survived the fire.

Edited by 2PAC4LIFE

uhh ME. I'm telling you what happened in my town It was in the newspaper.

Believe me or not that's your choice.

• Like 1

...And legit source then? As in a website with possible photos?

I don't understand what is supposed to be proof of. Would it have been equally spiritual if it was the Qu'ran, or the Chronicles of Zarathrustra, or the autobiography of Aleister Crowley? Or a saucepan?

Edited by Aslan

I find that hard to believe unless the bible was made of steel or something. Bible's just a book among others. You can claim it holy but all the text in it was made by men.

• Like 1

I'm making this as short as possible so bare with me please. A woman had a troubled son he moved out because cops were after him.

The cops went to his Moms house thinking he was there. So they tear gassed the house all up then broke in destroying the house in search of him. Soon the woman returned home seen the mess and said my son(who they were looking for moved out long ago) So the cops destroyed a house whn no one was home for nothing and did not pay to fix it.

Soon she fixed the house up not long after that it brned down. Talk about bad luck. And after the fire the only thing that survived the fire was a bible!

And this just happened!  It  was in our paper  the bible conained picstures of family in it also and thats  the onl thing that survived the fire.

697447[/snapback]

Is it spiritual you ask? Ha ha...yeah if god is an a@#hole! I wouldn't read anything into it.

That's one weird story tongue.gif wonder how the Bible survived the fire: Where was it in the house when the house got burned down? On a shelf with other books, or maybe in a drawer?

And after the fire the only thing that survived the fire was a bible!

Coincidence! Too many houses and CHURCHES have burned down with bibles in them (often mulitple bibles) that DID NOT survive the fire. What would be your explanation of that? rolleyes.gif

Coincidence! Too many houses and CHURCHES have burned down with bibles in them (often mulitple bibles) that DID NOT survive the fire. What would be your explanation of that? rolleyes.gif

701094[/snapback]

they were the kjv?

And this just happened!  It  was in our paper  the bible conained picstures of family in it also and thats  the onl thing that survived the fire.

697447[/snapback]

Is it spiritual you ask? Ha ha...yeah if god is an a@#hole! I wouldn't read anything into it.

699986[/snapback]

Wow you are so kind.

And Galor it was on the dresser said the paper I will try to find a link for our local newspaper and post it.

So 2Pac, you are saying that the entire house and all its contents were reduced to ash, except the book?

Or, were some things left relatively unharmed, including the book?

I don't understand what is supposed to be proof of. Would it have been equally spiritual if it was the Qu'ran, or the Chronicles of Zarathrustra, or the autobiography of Aleister Crowley? Or a saucepan?

699935[/snapback]

Yup. One object could survive the fire anytime, but because it is the Bible or any holy book, it is instantly thought to be a mighty act of God.

One summer day, on a Sat. when I was ten, me and two of my brothers and another kid form the neighborhood were playing around with one of those eight balls. You know the ones that you ask a question and then flip it over to read the answer on the bottom glass part. Well we, inturn, asked a lot of stupid stuff, then my brother asked if our house will burn down. It said 'No'. Then the kid with us asked if his house would burn down. It said 'Yes'. About five seconds later, we saw smoke pouring out of the house next door to ours; which was his Sisters house. We ran into our house and got out parents and they called the fire department. My oldest Sister ran into the burning house and came out with a baby that was left in there napping when the couple went off to make a run to the store. Yeah, I know, what idiots. They had left something cooking on the stove top also and it had caught fire.

After it was put out, it was seen to be in pretty bad shape. The house had to be demolished later. But we went in and looked at the damage. I went straight to the front of the house to the living room area. I saw a coffee table that had a Bible in the middle of it on a dorsi. The table was burned and even the dorsi was melted around the edges, but the Bible was not touched. Even as a kid I knew I was looking at something profoundly significant.

Could have been lots of reasons why that it was not burned, including maybe one of the fireman put it there after finding it in a drawer somewhere.

I guess I will never know for sure really.

Guys i heard this story,i can not remember where the house was but from what i understand the mother was very religious,and this bible was very important to her,i will try to find the source of the story,but i believe it was on fox news when they do those around the world stories, or something like that, this is going to drive me crazy untill i remember where i heard it if any one finds out please let me know ok original.gif

701094[/snapback]

they were the kjv?

702619[/snapback]

Of course it was thumbsup.gif

You know the worst part of it all is that when you have something like happen, you can't possibly make some people believe it. My brother saw it and was just as amazed as I was. He said it is a miracle and we shouldn't even touch it.

I have had so many weird things happen in my life it is crazy, or maybe I am crazy, I don't know.

Ever had tunnel vision? That is very strange. Time actually slows and you feel like you, or the you that is your conscious, is beginning to separate from your physical body. You also see everything in the center of your vision clearly, with the outer part of your vision a blur. Kind of like looking down a tunnel.

I had that happen in a very near crash of a motorcycle I was riding one day.

Cheers to all!!

You know the worst part of it all is that when you have something like happen, you can't possibly make some people believe it. My brother saw it and was just as amazed as I was. He said it is a miracle and we shouldn't even touch it.

No. Many people will beleive it but just keep it as simple as "it's a coincidence". My house burned down and our bible (we had the whole holy bible) burned down with the rest. Then my house burned down again some years later and my new bible was intact (but many things were so it wasen't miraculous).

Ever had tunnel vision? That is very strange. Time actually slows and you feel like you, or the you that is your conscious, is beginning to separate from your physical body. You also see everything in the center of your vision clearly, with the outer part of your vision a blur. Kind of like looking down a tunnel.

Nope but it's a well known thing that happens when you have a big accident or near-death experience. Nothing divine or mystical here dude. It was probably an OBE induced by a traumatic event (shock) but again, it has nothing to do with religion/God or a miracle. I saw an interview with a man who had a near-death experience and he prooved he had an OBE while the paramedics re-animated him. That was cool.

• 9 years later...

I have a story like this too. I had a van which was stolen, driven into a farmers field after using it to break into houses. Then they lit it on fire. I got a call from the cops and I asked how my Van was. They told me it burned for over 7 hours. They couldn't get the fire truck into the field so they let it burn out and cool before towing it to the compound. We asked to see it and when we got there it was just metal left. The roof had even melted down half way from the heat. It was a safari van which has a flat floor but we saw something between the seats that looked like a box or something. I picked at the blackened box shape and realized it was our bible that we kept in our van all the time. I was able to open it. We realized not one page had burned...the case and cover was burned off of it, but not even the first page under the hard cover was burned. Every single page, even the page numbers remained totally intact. Only the page edges were charred about a millimeter into each page. It was the only non-metal thing left in the vehicle. It survived a fire for seven hours which was hot enough to melt metal. I have no other explanation but God protecting HIS WORD. I wish I had taken it, but it was so blackened and made a mess of anything it touched. The tow yard employee was shocked too. He said" I need to go back to church!". I knew that day that there was no other logical explanation but the true existence of an ALL powerful GOD who could alter physics and logic. Because he created physics and logic. This was the single most amazing gift from the Lord to me. I will never ever doubt his existence. How could I? Not after witnessing such a miracle with my own eyes and hands.

Well one of my bibles is in the cloud. It will only be destroyed if amazon goes out of business.

Well white crane feather the way the believers are going on, amazon will get a virus and every file in the cloud will be corrupted, except of course, the bible. How weak the human mind that needs work of fiction to find the strength to carry on.

• Like 1

After setting mine alight, I say myth busted.

So let me get this straight.. An innocent woman's house was burned down but the bible survived? God chose to protect the bible? Maybe we should ask the woman what she thinks.

Edited by your_dark_passenger