Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When the site is down...

Mentalcase

I was thinking if the site is down and you want to talk to some of the members here, you could just load up mIRC as long as you have downloaded it. I think that would be a good idea. I tried for hours to get on the site yesterday.

So just keep that in mind, you never know who might show up.

BTW, mIRC is the chatroom used for this site, there is a java version and this version: Clicky here

Mentalcase whistling.gif

Edited by Mentalcase

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SpaceyKC

• Mentalcase

• dust19

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

mIRC is the program you Use to Get to the chat room. It is an IRC client and is not the only one available either. There are literally hundereds of IRC clients out there, but mIRC is the most popular one. In order to access the chat room (channel) from a client, you must preferably log into the server: chatnet.dnsalias.com

this can be done through menu commands or by the cammand line command of "/server chatnet.dnsalias.com 6667" (without the quotes. The 6667 is the port). Once logged into the server type "/j #unexplained" to enter the channel. Or you can follow menu commands. You may be ordered to specify a nickname when you log into the server, if not, you can change your current name by typing "/nick yournamehere" .

Those are my most likely flawed instructions for newbies. Have fun!