Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If you were the Devil?

Boris the Spider

Was the truth about God changed in the past by the Devil to confuse and cause conflict for humankind forever?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ken1Burton

• Boris the Spider

• Paranoid Android

• The Raven

If I were the devil, I would kill you tongue.gif JK Maybe, it's always a possibility. I don't think he has though, otherwise there'd probably be a bunch of *real* contradictions in the Bible.

TD, just playing along with the contradiction premis: the NT would not be full of contradictions to discredit if if the entire NT was the work of the devil! christians say that a false prophet would be loved and adored, people would worship him, etc. Sounds just like how people treated jesus.

So the answer is to decieve is to provide a false prophet that will lead people the way the pied piper led the rats to their doom.

TD, just playing along with the contradiction premis:  the NT would not be full of contradictions to discredit if if the entire NT was the work of the devil!  christians say that a false prophet would be loved and adored, people would worship him, etc.  Sounds just like how people treated jesus. 

So the answer is to decieve is to provide a false prophet that will lead people the way the pied piper led the rats to their doom.

704154[/snapback]

So, you're saying that Jesus is deceiving us? huh.gif

I can see where you're getting at with the false prophet thing though, kinda like that prophet yaweh guy?

"the devil works in mysterious ways"... sorry, thats "the lord works in mysterious ways" (remeber i classify them as two faces of the same entity)...

i don't think jesus intended to deceive anybody, but:

either he could have been deceived by a "big nasty" - remember this is all hypothetical both in the sense of i don't think a "godly voice talked to him", and i don't have any clue what jesus was thinking or "hearing" (supernatural or not).

or

the people that followed him were decieved by this "big nasty", which led to the "false idolatry" and deification of jesus (remember my view is that jesus was only a man, and a philosopher) - again this is all hypothetical.

Edited by hyperactive

I think I would go on line and go to a site called Unexplained-Mysteries. Tell everyone my name is Darkwind. devil.gif

Easy I would tell them the truth laugh.gif They would not believe me and just do the opposite of what I say cause who would listen to me if I'm the devil. devil.gif

Oh man, if I were the devil I would have an absolute blast.

Since evil is absolutely necessary, I would have no remorse creating destruction and mayhem.. but only enough to make myself know of course. whistling2.gif

If I were the devil, I would make people write books with beliefs systems in them (Bible, Koran, Torah etc ...). After this, I would just sit back and laugh. thumbsup.gif

I know it's cliche, but if I were the devil I'd do everything in my power to convince the world that I do not exist. People would then live their lives totally oblivious to the consequences of their actions, then when they die................ THEY'RE MINE MWUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

Seeing as I would know God does not make himself peronsally known in this world I would take control of the largest institution claiming to speak his word, The Catholic Church, and use that a base to create evil and mayhem safe in the knowledge that every bad deed I do is perceived as Gods work.

Easy. wink2.gif

If I were the devil, I would invent Judaism and then later I would pick some Jewish rebel, promote him extensively, convince some mental basket cases that he was the Messiah (even though he didn't meet any of the criteria that I had put in the scriptures I dictated to men) and started Christianity, then after Christianity was instrumental in causing the fall of the Roman Empire and the start of the Dark Ages, I would stir the pot a little more by inventing Islam and making it where it hated Judiasm and Christianity and they hated it. Oh, wait! That's what's already happened - Hmmmmmm mellow.gif :

Mights thoughts exactly Mako!

The Devil's greatest deception when he convinced Abraham that he was a good guy and that Lucifer was the evil one.........wink2.gif

If Jews, Christians and Moslems were really Devil worshippers it'd make far more sense of their constant warring.

I would do what has already been done. It seems to work well enough in this world. Just wait 100 more years.

Excellent answers everyone! I got many of the answers I was hoping to get. So now that we know how the devil might be doing it, fooling humankind, how the heck do we stop the rascal from his general messing up **** and stuff?hmm.gif

Trick them into hope, love and family only to lose it all...

704522[/snapback]

Well since I know how that feels, I'd say I already know the devil pretty good.

The easiest answer to this is:

Grow up and stop believing in supernatural boogie men. Learn to stand and fall on your own two feet, and take responsibitiy for your actions and choices.

Excellent answers everyone!  I got many of the answers I was hoping to get. So now that we know how the devil might be doing it, fooling humankind, how the heck do we stop the rascal from his general messing up **** and stuff?hmm.gif

705417[/snapback]

Assuming of course that Satan hasn't got his claws into the Bible, we simply study it and see how we can recognize the devil and his workings.

If Satan has gotten into the Bible, well, we're screwed wacko.gif

All the best,

The greatest trick the devil played on mankind, is convince them he never existed.

If i was the devil, i would do the same thing.

The greatest trick of the devil was to convince everyone he does not exist? tongue.gif

Wow! You don't give the ol' horned one his credit. If he is an entity that is capable of great deception, then that is what he would want you to think; that he is trying to make you think that he wants you to believe he doesn't exist. So in fact you will continue to think he exists.

Why?

I believe to keep his power over people. You believe in the existence of a Satan then you give power to Satan and power over you by Satan.

If you believe in a devil that is the cause of all the evil in the world, then you are in fact not seeing the reality of where the evil is coming from. When people realize that it is humans that cause evil in the world, then they may truly begin to correct their behavior and stop evil from continuing.

A devil would not want us to come to that realization. Maybe that is what it is all about. Humans reaching that understanding so that we can create a more loving world.

W.S said it best, "Evil does not exist unless I think it so."

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was to make everyone think he dosen't exist" -- Keyser Söze

The easiest answer to this is:

Grow up and stop believing in supernatural boogie men. 

705440[/snapback]

Fantastic answer.

If I was the Devil and wanted to fool humanity, I would [Well, its already happened] fool humanity into thinking they must follow a prophet, leader, or god to find strength and prosper. I would know that everyone can find the same strength within themselves that they find in God. The Devil is a very cunning man.