Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Starlyte

Behold the pentaquark

5 posts in this topic

Physicists have discovered a new class of subatomic particle that will provide unexpected insights into the fundamental building blocks of matter.

The discovery involves quarks - particles that make up the protons and neutrons usually found in the nuclei of atoms.

The new particle is the so-called pentaquark - five quarks in formation. Until now, physicists had only seen quarks packed into two- or three-quark combinations.

They say the discovery of this new particle should have far-reaching consequences for our understanding of how the Universe is put together.

Full Article LINK

Good article, Starlyte!

The full article says: "The report says that pentaquarks were created by blasting carbon atoms with X-rays..."

I just wonder if these pentaquarks are stable or they are something like the transuranium elements - created from human experiments and non existing in Nature....

cool stuff! i often wish i was born like 1000 years from now, maybe by then we would understand our universe a lot better by then!?!

Excellent article starlyte original.gif

pentaquark's are cool cool.gif

I thought this article might peak your interest Homer. grin2.gif I'm glad all of you found it as fascinating as I did!