Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Joseph and Mary - Earthly Parents of Jesus

JayRob303

My question to you is, did Joseph and Mary have more children after Mary was blessed with giving birth to the Son of God.

They were married, and it wasn't traditional for their times to only have 1 child.

If so, that could mean that there is a bloodline of Jesus possibly still in existance today...right?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ken1Burton

• Paranoid Android

• JayRob303

• Carla

They had more children. I believe James was Jesus' brother, and He had a couple other brothers and sisters. So technically it's a maybe, because they could've died out somewhere.

Yeah, there is a mention of James being Jesus' brother. But there is no real hard evidence to suggest either way. Personally I believe they would have had children.

The teachings of the Catholic church (from what I understand at least) maintains Mary remained a virgin.

All the best,

I personally find that very hard to believe. To me, it would seem that a married couple would continue to 'propogate'.

If not...poor Joseph...

First to show that Mary did not remain a virgin:

(MATTHEW 1:25) And knew her not till she had brought forth her

firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS. (KJV)

Knew her not "TILL", Which means Joseph physically knew Mary or had sex with Mary after Jesus was born.

BUT, Jesus is not the son of Joseph. So no blood line between the other children and Jesus. Christ's line did not go on. Mary and Joseph's line went on.

That is why Matthew 1:25 shows Joseph knew her not till she brought forth her FIRSTBORN Son, and he called His name Jesus. To show Jesus is the First born. To show Joseph knew Mary afterwards. So the Other sons Mary had would not be considered Virgin born. To Single out Jesus as the promised Messiah from the rest of the Children.

(MATTHEW 13:55) Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother

called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and

Judas? (KJV)

(MATTHEW 13:56) And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence

then hath this man all these things? (KJV)

Remember also that Joseph took Mary to be taxed, He did not take his Children and Mary. Jospeh being an old man with Children is a made up story to account for the others and keep Mary a Virgin. Sorry, the "TILL" shows she did not stay a virgin.

(LUKE 2:3) And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city. (KJV)

(LUKE 2:4) And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of

Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called

Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:) (KJV)

(LUKE 2:5) To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great

with child. (KJV)

Also: Mary does not have to be of the House of David. The Child does. He can be the First begotten of the dead at Bethlehem. For the promises spoken of by God in the Old Testament are seen to be fulfilled by Jesus. So Jesus is the Son of David God was speaking of.

The prophecies in the old Testament, the Fulfillment in Christ is what links David to Jesus. Mary is the Surrogate Mother.

(REVELATION 1:5) And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful

witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the

kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our

sins in his own blood, (KJV)

Jesus told Martha "I am the Resurrection." before going to the cross."

Jesus went tot he cross as a King (Psalms 2:6/7) The Body of Christ with us in that Body is what is "This day have I begotten Thee.", As the Body of Christ is born at Golgotha.

And Jesus told the Disciples He was going to leave the Earth and go to the Father AGAIN before He went to the cross. So He had already died once on earth. Which opened up the First begotten of the dead at Bethlehem.

(JOHN 16:28) I came forth from the Father, and am come into the

world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father. (KJV)

David got the promise from God that his son would be raised to be the Son of God. a promise God swore in His Holiness not to alter. and not to lie unto David. The next son born unto David (present sons do not fit the promise. "shall proceed from the bowels is a future event") was born to Bathsheba outside wedlock, She was still married to Uriah the Hittite.

Jesus comes in the volume of the book:

(PSALMS 51:5) Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my

mother conceive me. (KJV)

(EZEKIEL 16:3) And say, Thus saith the Lord God unto Jerusalem; Thy

birth and thy nativity is of the land of Canaan; thy father was an

Amorite, and thy mother an Hittite. (KJV)

(2SAMUEL 11:3) And David sent and inquired after the woman. And one

said, Is not this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of

Uriah the Hittite? (KJV)

(2SAMUEL 11:4) And David sent messengers, and took her; and she

came in unto him, and he lay with her; for she was purified from

her uncleanness: and she returned unto her house. (KJV)

(2SAMUEL 11:5) And the woman conceived, and sent and told David,

and said, I am with child. (KJV)

God sent a prophet to David with a parable. A parable of a man who takes a poor man's sheep to prepare for the WAYFARING man who had come unto him. When he had many sheep of his own. David already had many wives.

(2SAMUEL 12:4) And there came a traveller unto the rich man, and he

spared to take of his own flock and of his own herd, to dress for

the wayfaring man that was come unto him; but took the poor man's

lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to him. (KJV)

(JEREMIAH 14:8) O the hope of Israel, the saviour thereof in time

of trouble, why shouldest thou be as a stranger in the land, and as

a wayfaring man that turneth aside to tarry for a night? (KJV)

The promise of the Messiah is the wayfaring man who has come unto David. And David took Bathsheba and prepared for Him.

Remember the Potters vessel, It was marred, and the same lump of clay was made over.

(JEREMIAH 18:4) And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in

the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as

seemed good to the potter to make it. (KJV)

Deuteronomy 23:2 shows a child born outside wedlock can not enter the congregation even till His tenth generation. God used a 100 year generation in referring to egypt, David and Bathsheba had the child in about 1004 bc. Mary gave birth in about 4 bc to Jesus. 10 100-year generations.

God said in the end of Malachi as He stops speaking that He would send Elijah, then 400 silent years, or 10 40 year generations. God doubles that which He has established, then brings it to pass.

The Child died 7 days after birth. All children go to God, So who God foreknew, for 1,000 years that is. He did predestine to conform to the image of His Son, Born of a Virgin, Born in Bethlehem. Born in 4 bc.

The wise men knew the promise to David, they knew it would be the Child that died, they knew it had to be 1,000 years, and they knew the SIGN or STAR was the Brightness of the Moon. and they knew what to bring, and who should come.

They were Bible students. Not astrologers.

(ISAIAH 60:22) A little one shall become a thousand, and a small

one a strong nation: I the Lord will hasten it in his time. (KJV)

1004 bc to 4 bc, Right on time.

(ISAIAH 60:1) Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of

the Lord is risen upon thee. (KJV)

(ISAIAH 60:2) For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and

gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and

his glory shall be seen upon thee. (KJV)

(ISAIAH 60:3) And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings

to the brightness of thy rising. (KJV)

"We three kings"

(ISAIAH 60:4) Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they

gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come

from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side. (KJV)

"You will find Him lying in a manger" because there are other babies there.

(ISAIAH 60:5) Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine

heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea

shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come

unto thee. (KJV)

(ISAIAH 60:6) The multitude of camels shall cover thee, the

dromedaries of Midian and Ephah; all they from Sheba shall come:

they shall bring gold and incense; and they shall shew forth the

praises of the Lord. (KJV)

Gold and Incense. Now do you see how they knew what to bring. Isaiah told them, and He told who should come.

(ISAIAH 60:19) The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither

for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the Lord

shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. (KJV)

Stars are for signs and the Sign is the brightness of the moon.

God hid the moon for a reason, He wanted them to go to Jerusalem, and they thought that was where they were to go anyway. For That is where He is recorded as Born. But He was born there 1,000 years ago.

(PSALMS 87:4) I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that

know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was

born there. (KJV)

(PSALMS 87:5) And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was

born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her. (KJV)

(PSALMS 87:6) The Lord shall count, when he writeth up the people,

that this man was born there. Selah. (KJV)

The Child is born there to David and Bathsheba, and the Body of Christ is born there the day of the cross, as Psalms 2:6/7 shows, and so it is written. And so they came to Jerusalem and said "Where is He who is born King of the Jews?"

Ken

Yeah, there is a mention of James being Jesus' brother. But there is no real hard evidence to suggest either way.

Does anyone else see the humor here?

iv heard of James but thats it.

Shandar5.

I see you seeing humor there. There is no HARD EVIDENCE Jesus was conceived in Mary. He was implanted without any HARD EVIDENCE.

I have some Vet experience, I have dealt with sick puppies before.

Ken

Yeah, there is a mention of James being Jesus' brother. But there is no real hard evidence to suggest either way.

Does anyone else see the humor here?

712411[/snapback]

I see what you mean, perhaps I wasn't as clear as I should have been tongue.gif What I should have said was that the "James, brother of Jesus" reference was rather obscure, and may not literally refer to Jesus as in Jesus the Son of God, the man crucified in approximately AD33, for claiming to be the King of the Jews.

Is that better? thumbsup.gif

Where in the bible does it say "Mary, the Mother of Jesus, had other children."? No where. You assume Mary had other children because of english translations from the original greek that because the word "till" and brothers" are used that Mary had other children.

Some early church writings taught Joseph was a very old man when he married Mary. And...was married once before, but his 1st wife died. So these brothers could have very well have been Christ's step-brothers from Joseph's 1st marriage.

Here's another therory. In hebrew they used the same word for "brother as they do for "cousins, members of the same village, and of course brother. Naturally the greek speaking Hebrews did the same thing while writing the gospels. Which is why we have so many biblical conflictions with scripture.

And why does Jesus, while hanging on the cross, tell John to take Mary into his care? Jn 19:27 (don't forget about jewish customs and family values here.) Why can't the "brothers of Jesus" take care of their own mother? Is Jesus mad at them perhaps for not showing up at his own death! There have been times when I was p***ed at my brother but I wouldn't trust the care of my mother to a pal instead of my own brother. I don't think Christ would either.

iv heard of James but thats it.

712582[/snapback]

im not sure about this, but Jude may have been related. im assuming it is somewhere in the ECF's writings.