Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UM Awards 2005: The Results

Saru

*has just noticed that the best avatars and best signatures aren't actually very good at all*

innocent.gif

Here we thank the patience of the mods: here we thank they that keep the commandments of Moe, and the faith of MOEness. Here we thank and hearken many congratluatory handshakes and embraces for those others who bear such jazzy new titles, here we jiggle to the grooves of the runner ups and other nominees.

Then shalt thou call Moe Bizarre, Funny and Alien, and Moe shall answer; Moe shalt cry... 

725519[/snapback]

And in his acceptance speech, Moe manages to guarantee his win for 2006. wink2.gif

Congrats all, well done. thumbsup.gif

Congratulations everyone grin2.gif

Maybe a very special award is needed, for SaRuMaN for creating one of the best darn websites on the entire net, and more than that, for being such an awesome guy too. Cheers!

True Burnside, very true.

^ I agree, great website, Saruman.

Congratulations to all participants/winners and thank you to whomever had nominated/voted for me. Well done!

Congratulations to all the winners you all deserve your awards and it is indeed true that Saruman and all the Moderators do a fantastic job around this site, keep up the good work and thank you!

I would like to thank all the voters for not voting for me. Much like the Buffalo Bills, the Atlanta Braves, and Susan Lucci, I managed to get into final voting in no less than five categories, and not place higher than second in a damned one of them. I believe this in itself is a grand achievement, and something I'm not ashamed to say I'm proud of. For it is an honor to be nominated. A priveledge to win. But it is a special achievement to fail so spectacularly, on so grand a stage, so many times.

I am not bitter, oh no. For I have gained a place in all your hearts in another way. Let my failure be a beacon to you all. A light that shines in the darkness. I implore you all, heed my words, and let my losing streak continue into the future. Let Snuffy's Collossal Failure become an institution here at UM. I know I can do it, with all your help, my faithful chilluns.

Congrats to all the winners. thumbsup.giforiginal.gif Now, I want to see what your sigs are gonna look like with your new titles lol

See, I am not the most Bizzarest of them all, (nor an alien), Moe is! Moe IS! Guilty as charged on both counts. tongue.gif LOL

Here is an award for SaRuMan...user posted image

And something for all of the other winners...

user posted image

laugh.gifwub.gifw00t.gif

I would like to echo Burnsides sentiments, also, although truthfully, there could be no greater reward and/or award than to know that you are the creator of one of the most popular paranormal sites on the internet. Congratulations Saruman, your hard work and dedication are greatly appreciated. thumbsup.gifwiggle.gif

Thanks to everyone for your kind words, and also to Me Again for the award, I wondered where those unicorns had gone. laugh.gif

I would like to thank all the voters for not voting for me. Much like the Buffalo Bills, the Atlanta Braves, and Susan Lucci, I managed to get into final voting in no less than five categories, and not place higher than second in a damned one of them. I believe this in itself is a grand achievement, and something I'm not ashamed to say I'm proud of. For it is an honor to be nominated. A priveledge to win. But it is a special achievement to fail so spectacularly, on so grand a stage, so many times.

I am not bitter, oh no. For I have gained a place in all your hearts in another way. Let my failure be a beacon to you all. A light that shines in the darkness. I implore you all, heed my words, and let my losing streak continue into the future. Let Snuffy's Collossal Failure become an institution here at UM. I know I can do it, with all your help, my faithful chilluns.

726516[/snapback]

Loser

w00t.gif

Wow, a special mention, thanks SaRuMaN, although I think I speak for both myself and UniversalAbsurdity that all the credit cannot be given to us.

The other animators; Triniant, _Hailo_, Jeremy Rumbolt, Scorpius, cerberus, Dan'O and Jesus_Freak are all worthy of mention and it's with everyones time and effort that the Animation thread is what it is today.

Congratulations to everyone who received an award, and thanks again to SaRuMaN, dAz and all the Mods for making and maintaining our favourite forum so well thumbsup.gif

Edited by thebarman

Allow me to offer my congratulations to the winners, and condolences to those that didn't (myself included).

Just be aware- I got nominated twice... I will only work harder to win next time...

Bwahahahahahahahahahahah *continue evil laughter until choking on own tongue*

Seriously, all those that won deserve it... though I really liked Lila's blinking cat... moreso than the cat eye, or the robed cat with lightening. Always made me smile grin2.gif

Congrats to all the winners! I could have won all of those!

Just kidding, I stink!

Congratulations to all the winners and all thise short listed also.. Me_Again who gets that Voodoo doll of Saruman in your prize section?

Congrats to all the winners!  I could have won all of those!

Just kidding, I stink!

728383[/snapback]

you do NOT STINK i do mellow.gif

Edited by Magikman

There is something odd about two people arguing which of them stinks more huh.gif

Perhaps they have infiltrated Top Secret documents from Saruman, regarding next years awards categories?

Congrats to all the winners!  I could have won all of those!

Just kidding, I stink!

728383[/snapback]

you do NOT STINK i do mellow.gif

729127[/snapback]

No I stink.

Guys, there's plenty of room for you to both stink.

Guys, there's plenty of room for you to both stink.

729807[/snapback]

This is why we love BurnSide so much- his compassion, his understanding... his never failing ability to be encouraging and sarcastic at the same time. grin2.gif

Stewey, I could not see any sarcasm in Burnsides reply but I could see compassion, understanding and encouragement.... maybe I am not looking hard enough?

Compassion:

It's okay guys, you're more than welcome to both stink.

Understanding:

It's okay to stink, we wont judge you.

Encouragement:

You can both stink here.

Sarcasm:

You both stink!

All rolled into a nice little ball. original.gif