Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baby Sitter and the man upstairs

Tillghast

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Why are most babysitters girls? lol I mean im not being sexist but a guy would probably go get a knife if they tracked the call upstairs...

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Careful, reading on is kinda gruesome..

the sitter has a friend helping. They get creepy calls. The friend goes to check upstairs, to see if the man was upstairs, like he said. a bit later she hears thumps. She goes upstairs and finds her friend pulling herself along with her chin. Her limbs had been chopped off.

Wow

Zooooombiiiiieeeeeeee threeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaad.

But yeah, the clown version is definitely the scariest.

Zooooombiiiiieeeeeeee threeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaad.

But yeah, the clown version is definitely the scariest.

Clowns don't really scare me. It still is creepy though, I admit I would flip out if I saw one in my room and not knowing how it got there. But what would be worse was if I saw a clown with shark teeth and long fingernails 9 feet tall, I would have a heart attack and die right there.

Clowns don't really scare me. It still is creepy though, I admit I would flip out if I saw one in my room and not knowing how it got there. But what would be worse was if I saw a clown with shark teeth and long fingernails 9 feet tall, I would have a heart attack and die right there.

I don't know, the thought of just a crazy human dressed as a clown who broke into my house is a lot scarier to me for some reason.

• 4 weeks later...

okay i had heard of the babysitter one before but never with the clown in it. IM now super freaked out. I once watched a low budget horror movie where there is this serial killer who is killing all the people who buillied him in school and one of the victems is this girl who is babysitting two kids and he dresses up as a clown and sits in a rocker and eventually murders her. but on a brighter side the kids survived!! i didnt like the film when a stranger calls. fort it was terrible.

Also one time when i was 15 i was babysitting these two girls and i put them too bed and went downstairs to use the computer. i was chatting on msn and i heard something. i went and checked around but didnt see anything. This happend a couple of times and i thought the kids were just messing about so i went upstairs and looked in both of thier rooms. both were fast asleep so i went back downstairs. Five mins later i heard something again and looked around (im getting freaked at this point espically when i started to rember the urban ledgend!) and eventually go into the conservatory where i find the stero playing. I switch it off and get so freaked i run upstairs and hide in the one of the kids room with the door open to both rooms. After an hour i start to feel silly so i go downstairs and watch tv. An hour later around midnight the parents come home and i ask them if they had left setro on or if it was on some timer and they said no to both questions!! It was sooooooo freaky!!!!

Worst thing my sisters and I ever did to a babysitter was having my little sister start yelling for the babysitter to come upstairs. My older sister and I then hide under her bed and when she came running into the room we grabbed her leg from under the bed. We thought it was hillarious but I am pretty sure I also remember getting grounded for several weeks because of it. Still though a classic story to tell when the family gets together.

• 1 year later...

she tucks them into bed and gets a creepy calls. Calls the police and they trace it to the extension. The man then continues to kill the kids.

she tucks them into bed and gets a creepy calls. Calls the police and they trace it to the extension. They run upstairs and it's the kid with a voice changer

Careful, reading on is kinda gruesome..

the sitter has a friend helping. They get creepy calls. The friend goes to check upstairs, to see if the man was upstairs, like he said. a bit later she hears thumps. She goes upstairs and finds her friend pulling herself along with her chin. Her limbs had been chopped off.

how would you pull yourself along only your chin, do you know how much you would be bleeding out if both of your limbs weres chopped off, not to mention the excruciating pain hahhahaha

Amy-and-Joanne's friend, Cheryl is babysitting for a family in Kilcock Co.Kildare, Ireland. The family is wealthy and has a very large house — you know the sort, with a ridiculous amount of rooms. Anyways, the parents are going out for a late dinner/movie. The father tells the babysitter that once the children are in bed she should go into this specific room (he doesn't really want her wandering around the house) and watch TV there.

The parents take off and soon she gets the kids into bed and goes to the room to watch TV. She tries watching TV, but she is disturbed by a clown statue in the corner of the room. She tries to ignore it for as long as possible, but it starts freaking her out so much that she can't handle it.

She resorts to calling the father and asks, "Hey, the kids are in bed, but is it okay if I switch rooms? This clown statue is really creeping me out."

The father says seriously, "Get the kids, go next door and call 999."

She asks, "What's going on?"

He responds, "Just go next door and once you call the police, call me back."

She gets the kids, goes next door, and calls the police. When the police are on the way, she calls the father back and asks, "So, really, what's going on?"

He responds, "We don't HAVE a clown statue." He then further explains that the children have been complaining about a clown watching them as they sleep. He and his wife had just blown it off, assuming that they were having nightmares.

The police arrive and apprehend the "clown," who turns out to be a neigbour who was a convicted pedofile and a rapist.

First I have to say this new section is awsome!

Ok ok, now, about the old myth the baby sitter and the man upstairs.

I bet you all heard this myth from a friend whose stepdad's cousin's brother's exwife's Carribiean guide in Puerto Rico. Its about a baby sitter who gets increasingly creepy phone calls from a man claiming he's killed or telling the woman to check on the children, the police trace the call and its the upstair extension.

There is one variation that I know of.

1. A woman is babysitting 2 kids. At bedtime she tucks them in. They complain about a clown statue. The woman doesnt know what to do and just covers it up with a blanket and then calls the parents to check in. However, when she mentions the clown statue, the parents deny having one...

Opinons? Variations?

I heard about the clown one in a text which you had to forward to twenty people or the clown would get u at 2am. i didnt forward the messages and had a weird nightmare about him being in my room. in the dream i woke up and looked at the clock and it was 2am, i sensed there was some one in the room and got up to defend my self. as i got up i started to feel very dizzy and thought i would faint( never fainted in my life lol) i just started throwing punch's randomly and i eventually hit some one but woke up. weird dream lol

I heard about the clown one in a text which you had to forward to twenty people or the clown would get u at 2am. i didnt forward the messages and had a weird nightmare about him being in my room. in the dream i woke up and looked at the clock and it was 2am, i sensed there was some one in the room and got up to defend my self. as i got up i started to feel very dizzy and thought i would faint( never fainted in my life lol) i just started throwing punch's randomly and i eventually hit some one but woke up. weird dream lol

lmao class.