Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Legend of Bobby Nahri

thetruth2587

Bobby Nahri like many kids was a normal boy...who grew up in a small town in india...he wasn't the best of speakers...he was a quiet boy never said a word to anyone except for his parents...Bobby was never very athletic...he was made fun of because he did not know how to play cricket...one night he and his friends went out to a river...Bobbys friends dared Bobby to go swim in the river...so he began to swim...Bobbys set out to prove to his friends that he was not afraid of swimming at night...as soon as Bobby deep enough in the lake his friends abandon him and ran away...Bobby was all alone in the dark...He started swimming back to the shore...when suddenly he was grabbed by something under the water...he thought it was a tree root and tried to get it off with his hands...when he felt around the object it felt to him as a humans hands...Bobby was struggling to get himself lose...but Bobby seconds later was dragged to the bottom of the river to his death...the legend says that he screamed out one word before he drowned to death...the word Chuckle Chaco...the legend states that he roams around looking to get payback for what his friends did to him that night...leaving him to his death...the only way a person can protect himself from his payback is to emerge yourself in ice water and repeat chuckle chaco 3 times under the freezing water...

Hey tell me wat u think of this story...when i heard this story as a young kid i was scared out of my mind alien.gif

I think it's a good way to try and keep kids from going into the water alone and at night

I think it's a good way to try and keep kids from going into the water alone and at night

731769[/snapback]

it is a great way to keep kids out of the water alone...but most kids that heard of this story were scared out of their minds and had nightmares..i was one of these kids. alien.gif

Thats Freaky  dontgetit.gif Chuckle Choca ??? Whats that mean ??

732541[/snapback]

in broken english translation it means blood choke murder...when u fix it up it translates to bloody choking murder.

Thats Freaky  dontgetit.gif Chuckle Choca ??? Whats that mean ??

732541[/snapback]

in broken english translation it means blood choke murder...when u fix it up it translates to bloody choking murder.

732642[/snapback]

Oh ok thanks thumbsup.gif

Bloody choking murder?Sounds like he was dissin' a TV show called 'Choking Murder'....

Freaky story but it can't be anything more than a legend...right? dontgetit.gif

Bloody choking murder?Sounds like he was dissin' a TV show called 'Choking Murder'....

Freaky story but it can't be anything more than a legend...right? dontgetit.gif

733703[/snapback]

I doubt he was dissin' the tv show 'ckoking murder'...i doubt that Bobby Nahri ever had a TV...but i believe that this story was based on a true story...when a young boy and his friends went swimming in a lake at night one of the boyz drown to death...his friends were to sarced to try and save the drowning boy...thats a freaky sititation... alien.gif

Yeah...What a way to die....

What exacatly grabbed his foot? A sprit of the lake, a murder victim?

Some of these legends are so weird, they could almost have some truth in them,I always get chills when i read this form! tongue.gif

734345[/snapback]

well what grabbed the young boys leg in itself is a different story...well u can say the lake has a spirit...a disturbed spirit to be exact...there was once said to be a man who had three children and a wife...the family lived in poverty...the man was a fisherman and his life was to support his family...day in and day out he worked to keep his family alive...to see the smiles on their faces...well one day the mother got ill with some disease...and from there the two boys and his little daughter contracted this disease also...one after the other his family died...he had to work to pay to bury his own family...with all these painful thoughts on his mind...he went on his daily fishing route...in his boat he had a rock and a strong rope...at the deep end of the lake he took the rock tied it to the rope and tied himself to one end of the rope...then he tossed the rock into the river...the rock weighed heavy on him bring him down to the bottom of the river...he ended his life in suicide...

this part of the story is never told to the kids for obvious reasons. alien.gif

Some of these legends are so weird, they could almost have some truth in them,I always get chills when i read this form! tongue.gif

734745[/snapback]

well most have some truth to it and then the creator of these legends add a little or losts of exaggeration...the truth in the story is wat makes it more chilling i think alien.gif

734345[/snapback]

well what grabbed the young boys leg in itself is a different story...well u can say the lake has a spirit...a disturbed spirit to be exact...there was once said to be a man who had three children and a wife...the family lived in poverty...the man was a fisherman and his life was to support his family...day in and day out he worked to keep his family alive...to see the smiles on their faces...well one day the mother got ill with some disease...and from there the two boys and his little daughter contracted this disease also...one after the other his family died...he had to work to pay to bury his own family...with all these painful thoughts on his mind...he went on his daily fishing route...in his boat he had a rock and a strong rope...at the deep end of the lake he took the rock tied it to the rope and tied himself to one end of the rope...then he tossed the rock into the river...the rock weighed heavy on him bring him down to the bottom of the river...he ended his life in suicide...

this part of the story is never told to the kids for obvious reasons. alien.gif

735896[/snapback]

DAM,that's bad.....The world can be so cruel....

Maple syrup and ham, anyone sad.gif ?

Edited by Moose-Of-Armageddon

wait... if his freinds desserted him? who told the story that he was grabbed, and even if one of them was there, and he only yelled one thing? how did they know what he thought and felt?

I hate stupid ass storied like this that are to stupid to be true.

• Like 1

731769[/snapback]

yes.gif Creepy story.

• 11 years later...
On 7/13/2005 at 3:33 PM, thetruth2587 said:

Bobby Nahri like many kids was a normal boy...who grew up in a small town in india...he wasn't the best of speakers...he was a quiet boy never said a word to anyone except for his parents...Bobby was never very athletic...he was made fun of because he did not know how to play cricket...one night he and his friends went out to a river...Bobbys friends dared Bobby to go swim in the river...so he began to swim...Bobbys set out to prove to his friends that he was not afraid of swimming at night...as soon as Bobby deep enough in the lake his friends abandon him and ran away...Bobby was all alone in the dark...He started swimming back to the shore...when suddenly he was grabbed by something under the water...he thought it was a tree root and tried to get it off with his hands...when he felt around the object it felt to him as a humans hands...Bobby was struggling to get himself lose...but Bobby seconds later was dragged to the bottom of the river to his death...the legend says that he screamed out one word before he drowned to death...the word Chuckle Chaco...the legend states that he roams around looking to get payback for what his friends did to him that night...leaving him to his death...the only way a person can protect himself from his payback is to emerge yourself in ice water and repeat chuckle chaco 3 times under the freezing water...

Hey tell me wat u think of this story...when i heard this story as a young kid i was scared out of my mind alien.gif

So he kept to himself and only talked to his parents and yet he had a group of friends that he needed o impress by jumping into the water? And what was it that drug him under the water? and how did they know it was a pair of "human" hands if he never said so? His friends all ran off.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Columbo said:

So he kept to himself and only talked to his parents and yet he had a group of friends that he needed o impress by jumping into the water? And what was it that drug him under the water? and how did they know it was a pair of "human" hands if he never said so? His friends all ran off.

Just pointing out that the person you are asking questions of hasn't been on UM in almost a decade, so it's unlikely they will answer you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rashore said:

Just pointing out that the person you are asking questions of hasn't been on UM in almost a decade, so it's unlikely they will answer you.

They're missing??!! Quick! Form a search party!!

• Like 5

Yep, like others said. If they all ran off, how do they know what he felt grabbing him etc.. Pure story, and nothing else.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2005 at 1:16 PM, bacca said:

And if true by some chance, it probably was a huge catfish.  I think they have an issue with those things lurking in waters where the Indians routinely dump dead bodies.  Can you IMAGINE drinking any tap water in India?  Or bathing in any of their rivers?  UGH.

• Like 2