Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russian moon landing

sparticuss

I've recently heard a very interesting urban legend aboout the Appollo project.

For those not aware of it the official record states that Russia actually launched a large unmanned soft landing probe at the moon four days before Appollo blasted off. This probe lost control and crashed into the moon too hard to survice.

Thats the official record.

The urban legend is that this probe in fact contained a single cosmonault. Russia wanted to beat the US to the moon and launched this Lunig probe untested, and at great risk. They planned to announce that they had beaten the USA to the moon by two days only when they had safely recovered therir cosomaunault. Untill then the unmanned probe sory was a cover up. When the risk didn't pay off the cover up became the official version.

Has anybody else heard this one.?????

I have heard that Russia landed on the moon first, but that the US was the first to return men back to Earth as well.

Also, has anyone here heard the story about how Russia was the first country to send a man to the sun?

I have heard that Russia landed on the moon first, but that the US was the first to return men back to Earth as well.

Also, has anyone here heard the story about how Russia was the first country to send a man to the sun?

738223[/snapback]

That was unnecessarily cynical.

Personally, I doubt we ever got to the moon. It's a political scam that people swallowed deeply back in the sixties.

• Like 1

I was serious about the sun comment.

I have heard reports of all kinds of accidents in space with the Russians, one of which during an orbit of the moon, there were miscalculations for the return trajectory of the cosmonaut's capsule and the course sent him to the sun.

Oh, I thought it was a joke. It was funny.

Russia was the first nation to send a man to orbit the moon.

I think.

Yes they were. They were first in just about everything except bring a man back from the moon safely.

Apollo 8 was the first manned mission to orbit the moon. The Soviets were the first to land a probe on the moon, though.

738223[/snapback]

Personally, I doubt we ever got to the moon. It's a political scam that people swallowed deeply back in the sixties.

738334[/snapback]

it wasnt neccessarily a political scam. the technology was and is good enough to land on the moon.

WTF??!!? blink.gif

what gave you that impression? who actually doesent believe no one set foot on the moon? who and where are they?

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

I actually didnt know they did get to the moon first

There is no "official" evidence to support a Russian landing on the moon with a person aboard. Considering the huge amount of progress that has been made in the last ten to twenty years in the field of Russian Space History, we'd probably know about it by now.

Having said that, it would not surprise me to find out they send someone on a one way mission to the moon. But we have not found anything to support the notion.

There is ample evidence that the US went there. Just look up the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter images.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/news/apollo-sites.html

There ya' go.

I found this online. The Soviet Union (a federation that included Russia) placed the first satellite in space: Sputnik in October 1957. They also had the first Man in Space (Gagarin), the first woman in space, the first probe to photograph the far side of the Moon (and to enter an orbit around the Sun), the first soft lander on the Moon (but without people on board), and so on. They have known quite a bit about space for a long time now. They did that by applying known scientific principles (for example, it had been known for centuries before that, that air pressure decreases as one went up mountains and, later, in balloons. Therefore, everyone expected space to be a vacuum, well before anyone went to check. Sputnik was an experiment to see if: 1) things could be placed in orbit around Earth if they were given enough speed (this had been predicted by equations, but no one had tested it with a man-made object yet) 2) man-made objects would be destroyed by meteoroids once they were above the Earth's atmosphere: Sputnik as a sphere that was filled with compressed gas and a pressure detector; if the pressure had dropped, the drop would have been detected and the radio signal (a simple beep-beep)

I've recently heard a very interesting urban legend aboout the Appollo project.

For those not aware of it the official record states that Russia actually launched a large unmanned soft landing probe at the moon four days before Appollo blasted off. This probe lost control and crashed into the moon too hard to survice.

Thats the official record.

The urban legend is that this probe in fact contained a single cosmonault. Russia wanted to beat the US to the moon and launched this Lunig probe untested, and at great risk. They planned to announce that they had beaten the USA to the moon by two days only when they had safely recovered therir cosomaunault. Untill then the unmanned probe sory was a cover up. When the risk didn't pay off the cover up became the official version.

Has anybody else heard this one.?????

In July 1969 the USSR was simply not in a position to attempt a manned landing. Their equivalent of the Saturn V, had failed on its first two launch attempts on 21st Feb '69 & 3rd July '69. The second launch attempt resulted in the vehicle exploding 12 seconds after lift off. The explosion is said to be the largest man-made non-nuclear explosion in history. It took 18 months to repair the damage to the launch complex. 2 more N1 launch attempts were made, in 1971 & '72. These also failed and the USSR abandoned its attempts to make a manned landing on the moon.

I was serious about the sun comment.

I have heard reports of all kinds of accidents in space with the Russians, one of which during an orbit of the moon, there were miscalculations for the return trajectory of the cosmonaut's capsule and the course sent him to the sun.

This is simply not possible. It requires a huge amount of energy to launch an object towards the sun, far more than a mis-firing moon mission would be capable of.

I won't bother making much of a comment on this, except to say that this nonsense is being ripped apart in the conspiracies section.

• Like 2

Considering that the sun is on average about 400 times further from the moon than earth is, he would have never made it alive at least.

Edit: Unless they packed ~3 years of supplies...

Edited by Timonthy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(AshKatNah @ Jul 17 2005, 06:11 AM)

QUOTE(Rhomphaia @ Jul 17 2005, 02:02 PM)

738223[/snapback]

738334[/snapback]

it wasnt neccessarily a political scam. the technology was and is good enough to land on the moon.

Well seeing that the only real proof is video footage, i mean sure you can see a rocket fly off.... but to where? you assume a planet, or moon. They give videos saying that's where they went... who knows??

I think with all the space tech the russains had at the time (as mentioned above) they would have been the first to declare the US never made it to the moon. But they never did. Because they obviously went to the moon.

The Russians had already made a point of first object placed in orbit and first human in space

the moon landings were out of reach for both at this time. America sped up the process by clamming

a moon landing they could not afford to lose a third to the communist regime this may not have happened

when they said as they were desperate which leads to another debate.Russia turned its attention to

venus to out do them again showing the ability to traverse longer distances in space and were successful

getting close to a star at this time would seem impossible with a human

I think with all the space tech the russains had at the time (as mentioned above) they would have been the first to declare the US never made it to the moon. But they never did. Because they obviously went to the moon.

I agree, they would have done their darnedest to send probes and recon vehicles to prove the yanks were telling fibs.

Still the paranoid people will never believe it happened.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well seeing that the only real proof is video footage, i mean sure you can see a rocket fly off.... but to where? you assume a planet, or moon. They give videos saying that's where they went... who knows??

Really? What reason would they have to lie about something like that

In Russia you don't land on the moon, you crash into it way before the American's can...;)

• Like 1

I watched this whole documentary about how the first US landing on the moon in 1969 was all staged. It was very convincing. I know this will probably upset some of you and I'm sorry but I think there is just so many other and better things that all that money used to go to the moon and the sun and Mars could be spend on. I really don't know too much about all this so maybe someone could help me out in understanding it better and tell me what has anyone really gained from going to any of these places?? A cure for cancer or a solution to world hunger?? Not that I've heard of lol. I just don't get it??

I watched this whole documentary about how the first US landing on the moon in 1969 was all staged. It was very convincing.

Moon hoax documentaries are convincing only to those who know little or nothing about, astronomy, rocketry, photography, science.

No one that knows anything about any of those subjects is ever convicted for the simple reason that none of the so called evidence for a hoax stands up to even the lightest of scrutiny.

Ask yourself this question, was the documentary well balanced, with the opposite side of the argument given in each case or did it just present the hoax side of the argument? I can guess the answer, because I have never seen a pro-hoax documentary that allows both sides of the argument yet.

If I am correct and it only presented one side of the argument ask yourself why

Uhm no!