Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Holes in the Pisco Valley

Orion von Koch

My friends, we have been extremely advanced in the past...these holes are from a drilling machine and I know whereof I speak. Humanity should be fed up with the darwinists who position us as dumb...sorry...we are as dumb as those who positon thusly. Oh, heck...I must go.

851387[/snapback]

That is your opinon. You have nothing to prove your case. You believe in the likes of Von Daniken . That doesn't help you at all.

This is not opinion my friend...it is built upon silver bullets...such as the Mica in Mexico...the high speed drilling of very ancient stones of high density that require drills of highly advanced technology. Ooparts are all over the world...and you are not even seeking them out...you just buy into the same old stuff.

My friends, we have been extremely advanced in the past...these holes are from a drilling machine and I know whereof I speak.

Not so advanced if they drilled hundreds of holes in close proximity in one tiny, tiny area for no apparent reason whatsoever, and nowhere else on Earth........ :rolleyes:

Or maybe a bunch of monkeys pinched the machine and started playing about with it? :w00t:

This is not opinion my friend...it is built upon silver bullets...

It's an opinion based on selective evidence - just like most alternative (and, to be honest, quite a few orthodox) theories.

But my friends, there are tons of anomalies in the mysterious lands of South America -- Colombian models of delta winged forms, giant pyramids in the Amazon Basin, built on mountain slopes covered by inaccessible jungles and others are examples.

Hello Orion,

All this talk about a line of holes running over the Andean mountains.

Perhaps you should read the next booklet:

"The Nazca Lines - A New Perspective on their Origin and Meaning" by Johan Reinhard (4th edition - 1988 - Lima - Peru - ISBN 84 89291 17 9)

His conclusion about these perfect lines and gigantic petroglyphs is that they were created for rites honouring water/mountain-gods/fertility/agriculture. And he was present in Chile during the creation of one of those lines.

My guess (and nothing more than that) is that this line of holes serves the same purpose(s).

I have another question (see quote): you talk about 'giant pyramids' in the Amazonian jungle. Can you give me/us a link to a site with pics? Up to now I've only read about them in a book about Colonel Fawcett and in a book of Karl Brugger (Chronicle of Akakor - a hoax, btw).

Abe.

• 3 months later...

The lines and the holes are extremely ancient...anyone stating they were present when they were made is out of his head.

We are the multifaceted one. Here to learn via existence within virtual realms. We come, we go...we strive to be good at what we were sent here to do. Some of us have forgotten our mission. Some become so wrapped up in our own vision that we are the only entities here that we forget the Other. The Other is us.

Your head start, was it really your head? If so, you need to look about we are all standing here looking at you...you would not exist without us...you need feedback to know you are here, there and wherever. Feedback comes from the Other. No one is higher and mightier than the Always...The All...The Other.

What a horrible attempt at philosophy.

Strange number...not unlike 666...to each his/her own...consequence, the law of.

I have often envisioned a point of observation somewhere outside of myself that lets me see all that makes virtual existence and “life” understandable to the average human intellect. Everything that has made entities what they are comes into a focused vision that details the total life-spectrum — here is the point-of-departure to discover reality or timelessness. One wonders how a being who did not create himself do such a thing? To stand outside of one’s self is impossible – yet, imagination allows such.

Certainly this attempt could be an Angel's viewpoint, that allows me to determine where I need to apply emphasis and utility for others to see the relevance of existence in Time/Space…but I am no Angel…just a part of the whole. But we all have been given the ability to move or leverage thought as well as mater to determine our futures. Leveraging mentality is almost everything in physical “be-ness.” It is directly proportional to survival.

We are here to move in and through matter. Why is it so hard for lesser beings to know how moving the parts of this grand machine can create chaos unless total concentration of mind is applied properly? We must know the larger view of who made the lesser or reverse. Even this, being “made” may be unnecessary when one considers Timelessness. This study requires a trek in this physical realm and all its parameters of apparentness. We may have always been, and do not know what always means. What if there is no such thing as creating, where there is no mind to move? Therefore, mind is necessary if movement of such establishes linear Time and then Space to allow the presence of Time. Finally, through the realization of ourselves, enlightenment establishes a point of departure where we can understand the source of Timelessness. It has always been. It is the Is.

Everything is entwined within the light of the mind, which must move to know itself. Everything is Mind in motion…thus creating essence. This concentration within broadcast gets each and every minuscule elemental into leveraged motion that creates event-sequences locked in time and space. The goal is not to lose status, position, or self-control for “be-ness” in motion. If there were a loss, then becoming would not be the goal. To not create on the FLY is to suffer loss of leveragability. Those who do not move, die. Defeat is possible through acceptance of fear, loneliness, victimization, the void, or nonexistence. Defeat would also make us a casualty of our own lack of moral disposition. Here we open up the power to being defeated over and over if we do not become through the dawning of higher mental patterns of thought.

Strange number...not unlike 666...to each his/her own...consequence, the law of.

I have often envisioned a point of observation somewhere outside of myself that lets me see all that makes virtual existence and “life” understandable to the average human intellect. Everything that has made entities what they are comes into a focused vision that details the total life-spectrum — here is the point-of-departure to discover reality or timelessness. One wonders how a being who did not create himself do such a thing? To stand outside of one’s self is impossible – yet, imagination allows such.

Certainly this attempt could be an Angel's viewpoint, that allows me to determine where I need to apply emphasis and utility for others to see the relevance of existence in Time/Space…but I am no Angel…just a part of the whole. But we all have been given the ability to move or leverage thought as well as mater to determine our futures. Leveraging mentality is almost everything in physical “be-ness.” It is directly proportional to survival.

We are here to move in and through matter. Why is it so hard for lesser beings to know how moving the parts of this grand machine can create chaos unless total concentration of mind is applied properly? We must know the larger view of who made the lesser or reverse. Even this, being “made” may be unnecessary when one considers Timelessness. This study requires a trek in this physical realm and all its parameters of apparentness. We may have always been, and do not know what always means. What if there is no such thing as creating, where there is no mind to move? Therefore, mind is necessary if movement of such establishes linear Time and then Space to allow the presence of Time. Finally, through the realization of ourselves, enlightenment establishes a point of departure where we can understand the source of Timelessness. It has always been. It is the Is.

Everything is entwined within the light of the mind, which must move to know itself. Everything is Mind in motion…thus creating essence. This concentration within broadcast gets each and every minuscule elemental into leveraged motion that creates event-sequences locked in time and space. The goal is not to lose status, position, or self-control for “be-ness” in motion. If there were a loss, then becoming would not be the goal. To not create on the FLY is to suffer loss of leveragability. Those who do not move, die. Defeat is possible through acceptance of fear, loneliness, victimization, the void, or nonexistence. Defeat would also make us a casualty of our own lack of moral disposition. Here we open up the power to being defeated over and over if we do not become through the dawning of higher mental patterns of thought.

Seriously, would you please just stop it?

I am very thrilled that you have theories on life and the meaning of everything. This thread is one that's talking about holes in the ground, not life and motion and whatever else you wander off into espousing viewpoints on.

As it stands, you're being decimated by Murduk (I apologize if I spelled your screen name wrond, "mud duck" as you were rudely called in this thread) on a point by point basis and you're not even trying to offer anything real to provide evidence for your case.

• 2 weeks later...

Still those holes in the Pisco Valley hold an edge as a silver bullet to Archaeology. Something strange happened there and no one wants to address it.

It's a big alien Lite-Brite. Cleatly.

What?

I have as much proof for my claim as Orion does for his.

Even von Daniken's work begins to take on a realness when one finds an old National Geographic from 1933 corroborating the "Band of Holes," that he personally inspected a few years ago. Each hole is a meter wide and just as deep. There are eight holes spanning 24 meters in width, marching in repetitive uniform fashion, from the Pisco Valley rolling over numerous miles of hills and mountains -- finally disappearing in the misty mass of Peru. These holes remind this old West Texas boy of the traces left by a massive drilling rig moving along methodically, testing the geology of the Andes for precious metals. Lasers have also left such tracings in the ground. Archaeologists say they represented defensive positions or graves for the ancient ones, except why would you bury anyone on a slope in rocky soil at more than a 45-degree angle?

But my friends, there are tons of anomalies in the mysterious lands of South America -- Colombian models of delta winged forms, giant pyramids in the Amazon Basin, built on mountain slopes covered by inaccessible jungles and others are examples. Are these mysteries part of why Teddy Roosevelt was so introspective upon his return from the Amazonian adventure which eventually caused his death? This is an area where satellites from space represent the best vehicles for discovery of the great structures or patterns on the ground. The Amazon hides "tall, robust" civilizations of the past, which have been radio-carbon dated just recently to over 8,000 years old, and it seems we have not even scratched the edges of this area's massive hidden potential for learning the true "why" of its humanity.

In Bolivia, the archaic site of Tiwanaku on the shores of Lake Titicaca, represents one of the greatest question marks for all mankind. Here are the remains of a city with one of the most sophisticated sewer systems for even modern times. According to archaeologist Alan Kolata from the University of Chicago, he has never seen or heard of a better system. His awe is also taken by the remarkable agricultural system of canals and hydraulic systems that he is even now using to increase potato production for area residents. The raised field system used by the ancients must have occupied 400 to 500 square miles and could easily have fed the 100,000 or more ancient residents living on the arid Altiplano.

yes, established archeology doesnt like the tihuanaco site due to the questions it poses. Nobody can accurately date the site to within the 'accepted' time frame . And I think your right, the significance of the remains have yet to be truly appreciated.

What questions? It was settled around 400BC and the city was established in earnest around 200BC. No mystery there unless you make one up Daniken style.

No, that is not what I am referencing. This subject is very mysterious. At one time many could see the holes which look like a gridwork of holes for many miles...a pattern of holes eight across, each four feet deep and reiterated over and over in a moving pattern of holes.

More and more this subject is being covered up by who knows what. I believe it is the silver bullet. If it exists, we were fathered by an advanced race of beings and this is no lie.

a bunch of holes in the ground are proof that aliens created man?>this thread is wierd.

The ancient Peruvians had a custom of burying their dead in holes like these. Mummified remains have been discovered all over Peru and in extraordinary locations like on the tops of mountains.

The Peruvians also made human sacrifices to their gods. They would take their victim to a preselected spot which could be anywhere, dig a hole, kill the victim and stuff it into the hole.

The peruvians also stashed grain in holes like these. They were particular in the type of ground they chose for the hole - it had to be rock in order for the grain to be kept dry.

Along many of the old Inca roads can be found holes like this which are now known to have been used as grain stores for travellers.

Even von Daniken's work begins to take on a realness when one finds an old National Geographic from 1933 corroborating the "Band of Holes," that he personally inspected a few years ago. Each hole is a meter wide and just as deep. There are eight holes spanning 24 meters in width, marching in repetitive uniform fashion, from the Pisco Valley rolling over numerous miles of hills and mountains -- finally disappearing in the misty mass of Peru. These holes remind this old West Texas boy of the traces left by a massive drilling rig moving along methodically, testing the geology of the Andes for precious metals. Lasers have also left such tracings in the ground. Archaeologists say they represented defensive positions or graves for the ancient ones, except why would you bury anyone on a slope in rocky soil at more than a 45-degree angle?

But my friends, there are tons of anomalies in the mysterious lands of South America -- Colombian models of delta winged forms, giant pyramids in the Amazon Basin, built on mountain slopes covered by inaccessible jungles and others are examples. Are these mysteries part of why Teddy Roosevelt was so introspective upon his return from the Amazonian adventure which eventually caused his death? This is an area where satellites from space represent the best vehicles for discovery of the great structures or patterns on the ground. The Amazon hides "tall, robust" civilizations of the past, which have been radio-carbon dated just recently to over 8,000 years old, and it seems we have not even

scratched the edges of this area's massive hidden potential for learning the true "why" of its humanity.

In Bolivia, the archaic site of Tiwanaku on the shores of Lake Titicaca, represents one of the greatest question marks for all mankind. Here are the remains of a city with one of the most sophisticated sewer systems for even modern times. According to archaeologist Alan Kolata from the University of Chicago, he has never seen or heard of a better system. His awe is also taken by the remarkable agricultural system of canals and hydraulic systems that he is even now using to increase potato production for area residents. The raised field system used by the ancients must have occupied 400 to 500 square miles and could easily have fed the 100,000 or more ancient residents living on the arid Altiplano.

if the Pisco holes were 5,000 feet deep like one would expect from some form of ancient drilling then you may have attracted my interest.

What questions? It was settled around 400BC and the city was established in earnest around 200BC. No mystery there unless you make one up Daniken style.

yes and when those same scientists can explain how a tribal culture suddenly developed the ability to cut and drag blocks of stone weighing in excess of 100 tons from quarries on THE OTHER SIDE OF LAKE TITICACA to Tihuanaco then throw them around like skittles and then create an architectural wonder, only then will I concur.

yes and when those same scientists can explain how a tribal culture suddenly developed the ability to cut and drag blocks of stone weighing in excess of 100 tons from quarries on THE OTHER SIDE OF LAKE TITICACA to Tihuanaco then throw them around like skittles and then create an architectural wonder, only then will I concur.

:rofl::yes:

Here's one way:

http://www.archaeology.org/interactive/tiw...experiment.html

This is the home for the dig:

http://www.museum.upenn.edu/new/research/E...questions.shtml

Here's some further reading that may illuminate you:

“The Gateways of Tiwanaku: Symbols or Passages?” in Andean Archaeology II: Variations in Sociopolitical Organization, edited by Helaine Silverman and William H. Isbell, Plenum Press, New York, 189-223 (2002) (with Jean-Pierre Protzen).

“La cantería de Pumapuncu” in Wari y Tiwanaku: Modelos versus Evidencias, edited by Peter Kaulicke, PUCP Pontifica Universidad Católica del Perú, Lima, Perú, 5:309-336 (2001) (with Jean-Pierre Protzen).

“On Reconstructing Tiwanaku Architecture.”Journal of the

Society of Architectural Historians, 59 (3):358-371 (2000) (with Jean-Pierre Protzen).

"Who Taught the Inca Stonemasons Their Skills? A

Comparison of Tiahuanaco and Inca Cut-Stone Masonry." Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians, 56 (2):146-167 (1997) (Jean-Pierre Protzen, with S. Nair).

I don't know what is meant by suddenly because the site dig shows slow and steady development and occupation for thousands of years. The earliest dedicated stone construction of the city was around 400bc but its pinnacle wasn't until around 500ad and continued to 950ad (newest estimate). More than a thousand years conservatively. Nothing too sudden. Another thing not mentioned often is there is a lot of mortar inlay at the site. Not everything was on the technical grandeur of the gates. Everyday construction was probably conducted quite quickly but for things that held stupendous spiritual significance it would completely understandable if they spent years to move the largest stones as some monuments remain incomplete. The 10,000+ year old civilization camp consistently devalues the amazing ingenuity and accomplishments of ancient cultures by ignoring evidence to make their conclusion and rely instead entirely on speculation.

I'll read it when I wake up. But tell me one thing, are these just theories on ways they could have possably done it, or is it prooven that they've done it this way? Because of course if you look hard enough, sooner or later you'll find a way that they could have possibly done it. Usualy very unlikley ways as well. But that in no way, means that they did it.

If I had dirty underwear found in my backyard, you could come up with a theory as to how they got there, but just because that theory is possable, does not mean that's how it happend. So, tell me, are you just trying to open us up to another possability, or convince us that this is how they've done it?

Edited by ZeroShadow

The lines and the holes are extremely ancient...anyone stating they were present when they were made is out of his head.

Read Reinhard's booklet first before you judge:

The Nazca Lines - A New Perspective on their Origin and Meaning" by Johan Reinhard (4th edition - 1988 - Lima - Peru - ISBN 84 89291 17 9)

THIS guy is certainly not out of his head, he actually made photographs of the construction of one of those lines in Chile.

But if this would disturb a nice dream, then you'd better not read it.

Abe.

Hello Orion,

I had this question, maybe you'll remember : in an earlier post you talked about 'giant pyramids' in the Amazonian jungle. Can you give a link to a site with pics? Up to now I've only read about them in a book about Colonel Fawcett and in a book of Karl Brugger (Chronicle of Akakor - a hoax, btw).

Abe.

Edited by Abramelin

If I had dirty underwear found in my backyard, you could come up with a theory as to how they got there, but just because that theory is possable, does not mean that's how it happend. So, tell me, are you just trying to open us up to another possability, or convince us that this is how they've done it?

You can either choose to believe that aliens came down and planted the underwear at your location, or you can choose to believe that the underwear got there through more mundane means.

These are theories in the way the task could have been accomplished using what was available at the time. Extraterrestrial help was unlikely to be one of those things. If your underwear is on the lawn, your first choices should include manners in which we know that they could have gotten there (not necessarily 'did', but 'could'). Aliens are very far down on that list.