Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do babies see ghosts ?

Barb

Hi.

Just a tough about ghosts and babies.

I read that babies are able to see ghosts and even talk to it.

Do you have any experience with that ?

Barb

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ferran the Skeptic

• Eva Evermore

• Ghost_Seer

• EDW74

When i was 2 i was really ill with Chicken pox i nearly died. And one night i was alone upstairs in my cot fast asleep....Anyway my dad came to check up on my and he could smell cigar smoke really strongly so he asked my mum if she has had anyone in that smoke and she said no but she the smell is really familiar as it smelt like my great Grandad he died a on fathers day when i was 1 and ever since growing up i've always said to my mum i see my great grandad all the time and i can always smell him.

Mum said he dawted on me from the mo i was born.

Hope this kinda helps.

Edited by Ria

Yes they do. My daughter at 16-18 months saw my brother who past at the babysitters. yes.gif

Interesting topic Barb!

I cannot answer to that,but instead i can add a question: So if babies can really see ghosts,or interact with them,or at least maybe hmm sense them a lot better than grown ups,what gives them this "privilege"? What do babies have that can make them see or even understand ghosts,is it some other sense that we have when we are born n we're not really aware of it yet to explain it scientifically,that makes us able to contact the spirit world better during the very early stages of our lives?

I ask that because I have a son. He's a newborn now but I think he sometimes see 'things'. His eyes seems to watch something in the air. He watchs and laughs at nothing, so I think he can see maybe ghosts unsure.gif

In my life I saw various times shadow people, maybe my son too can see it ?!

Barb

Interesting topic Barb!

I cannot answer to that,but instead i can add a question: So if babies can really see ghosts,or interact with them,or at least maybe hmm sense them a lot better than grown ups,what gives them this "privilege"? What do babies have that can make them see or even understand ghosts,is it some other sense that we have when we are born n we're not really aware of it yet to explain it scientifically,that makes us able to contact the spirit world better during the very early stages of our lives?

758598[/snapback]

instant un corrupted minds

Hi.

Barb

I have seen spirits all my life.

I had woken up early in the morning, The sun was up, everyone was still asleep.

I walked from the 3rd floor, where our bedrooms were, down to the second floor. As I entered the livingroom, I saw a woman standing just on the otherside of the archway in the dinningroom, she smiled at me, walked over to the corner wall, that was an outside wall.

I walked into the dinningroom to the corner & she was gone. I walked to the window, thinking she might of went out the window, (I was only about 3-4 yrs old at that time).

When my Mom awoke, I told her about the woman. She at first said, you were half asleep & we tend to see things. I told her her I saw the woman & gave her the description

The people my parents brought the house from lived right behind us. My Mom was talking to them, told them about my experience. It turned out, the first wife died in the house & I described her to a tee. If was her.

After all these years, I still remember that as if it happened yesterday. That my experience became my awareness, that, not everyone I saw & talked to was physical.

Nice story...I think that because babies havn't been moulded yet they accept everything they see and therefore can see spirits alot easier than an older person would be able to.

I believe all humans have the ability to see ghosts…regardless of their age.

Hi.

Barb

758543[/snapback]

This is often what I have seen from most my experiences. My friends all have kids.... i have witnessed my brother when he was younger, flip out over people that were not there. You know how kids shy away from strangers and grab at parents leg. Well once, my friends kid feaked out and would not stop looking at a certain direction, when we got in his line of sight, block whatever he was looking at, he just seemed to overlook us, but the fear in his eyes were of something his parents could even scare him to with a belt. He would not even walk in the direction. So, yes, I believe kids are more sensitive. I believe this is so because of their lack of skepticism. Kids can easily be manipulated, and very gullible, not knowing right from wrong.

my family has had allot of stuff happen my cousin has seen my grama after my grandma died she whould see her and it creeped me out

Edited by green arrow

Hi.

Barb

758543[/snapback]

Yes babies see ghosts. Children under the age of 2 are very "tuned in" to the Spirit world. At about age 2 the largest fontonelle (soft spot ) closes and most children lose the ability to see Spirit at that time.

Hi.

Barb

758543[/snapback]

Yes babies see ghosts. Children under the age of 2 are very "tuned in" to the Spirit world. At about age 2 the largest fontonelle (soft spot ) closes and most children lose the ability to see Spirit at that time.

759599[/snapback]

That's in interesting theory.

Hi.

Barb

758543[/snapback]

759599[/snapback]

I forgot to mention in my last post that the large fontonelle (soft spot) is the 7th Chakra and the smaller one is the 6th Chakra. Apparently when the soft spots close our ablility to interact with Spirit is reduced.

I don't know about babies, but I have a grandson who says he sees and talks to dead people. On one occasion, one morning he told his mother that one he had talked to told him that his grandmother's cat, Blue, had died during the previous night. (Actually, what he said was, "Mom, Meme's cat Blue died last night." She asked him why he thought this, and he replied, "A dead person told me in the night.") His grandmother lived some 600 miles away, and neither of my daughters had spoken with her recently, and there had previously been no indication that her cat was in any threat of dying. His mother (who doesn't make any fuss when he tells her these things) just nodded OK, and went on about her business. That afternoon, his grandmother called, and said that her cat, Blue, had died the previous night. ohmy.gif

Hi.

Barb

758543[/snapback]

759599[/snapback]

Actually children 5 and under can see ghosts easier than adults. It is believed that this is because it is around that age that we start learning from society that ghosts are just make believe. I don't understand how the closing of the soft spot would effect wether or not they can see ghosts, can you elaborate? And if that is the case then why do so may adults see them?

Hi.

Barb

758543[/snapback]

759599[/snapback]

Actually children 5 and under can see ghosts easier than adults. It is believed that this is because it is around that age that we start learning from society that ghosts are just make believe. I don't understand how the closing of the soft spot would effect wether or not they can see ghosts, can you elaborate? And if that is the case then why do so may adults see them?

759956[/snapback]

Some children retain the ability to see spirit and this continues in to adulthood. The 7th and 6th Chakras are associated with the soft spots. The 5th, 6th and 7th Chakras are the Spiritual Chakras. Some people have their 7th and 6th Chakras more open than others and therefore can interact more easily with Spirit . The openness (or lack thereof) of the Chakras is related to the spiritual lessons that each person needs to learn. Up until the age of 2 the Soul is believed to come and go out of the body more or less at will. At around the age of 2 the soul incorporates more into the physical form and this coincides with the closing of the soft spots. The Soul can still leave but not nearly as frequently because it must now focus on the lessons it needs to learn while on the earth plane.

Alot of adults see spirits and alot do not, therefore the continuing debate on the "reality" of ghosts.

Hi.

Barb

758543[/snapback]

759599[/snapback]

759956[/snapback]

Some children retain the ability to see spirit and this continues in to adulthood. The 7th and 6th Chakras are associated with the soft spots. The 5th, 6th and 7th Chakras are the Spiritual Chakras. Some people have their 7th and 6th Chakras more open than others and therefore can interact more easily with Spirit . The openness (or lack thereof) of the Chakras is related to the spiritual lessons that each person needs to learn. Up until the age of 2 the Soul is believed to come and go out of the body more or less at will. At around the age of 2 the soul incorporates more into the physical form and this coincides with the closing of the soft spots. The Soul can still leave but not nearly as frequently because it must now focus on the lessons it needs to learn while on the earth plane.

Alot of adults see spirits and alot do not, therefore the continuing debate on the "reality" of ghosts.

760030[/snapback]

Thank you for explaining that to me. But please do not take it personally when I say that I just can't get into all that way of thinking. I really don't even like the word "soul" and I really can't get myself to believe that it comes and goes through a soft spot in my scalp. Anyway, thankyou again for taking the time to enlighten me to your point of view. original.gif

Hi.

Barb

758543[/snapback]

759599[/snapback]

759956[/snapback]

760030[/snapback]

Thank you for explaining that to me. But please do not take it personally when I say that I just can't get into all that way of thinking. I really don't even like the word "soul" and I really can't get myself to believe that it comes and goes through a soft spot in my scalp. Anyway, thankyou again for taking the time to enlighten me to your point of view. original.gif

760063[/snapback]

No offence taken. It is very healthy to "Question Authority"! NO ONE has all the answers.

Hi.

Barb

758543[/snapback]

759599[/snapback]

759956[/snapback]

760030[/snapback]

760063[/snapback]

No offence taken. It is very healthy to "Question Authority"! NO ONE has all the answers.

760074[/snapback]

Very true. thumbsup.gif

Well like 13 years ago my uncle died (someone) killed him, it was horrible crying.gif

he had or has 3 girls and the youngest one was about a year and a half when it happeend, my "aunt" would tell us that she would point at the pic and say daddy, but she would also point to the sky, sometime passed by and my cousin could talk, she would talk to my uncle and tell him that she wanted to go with him, my aunt would cry very much....

Also my mom says that baby's can see the angels and that's why they smile, 'cause really they can't see until like 3 weeks or so? I think, or is it 3 months?

no they just look at things because if they did, they will cry because whenever someone goes next to them they cry.

Interesting topic Barb!

758598[/snapback]

Because at that point they haven't had any grown ups telling them that such things don't exist. Completely open, innocent minds.

no they just look at things because if they did, they will cry because whenever someone goes next to them they cry.

760106[/snapback]

I don't unerstand, that didn't really make sense. huh.gif