Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2010: The time of rapture?

F. Mulder

I am not sure if there is a rapture but before the end of humanity are the Jews supposed to believe in Christ first?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• Ashley-Star*Child

• Paranoid Android

• Ken1Burton

There are Jews who believe in Christ. Not the majority obviously, but enough.....

First: Christianity as a whole needs a good swift kick in the butt for all the end of the world talk which has left a lot of Children and young adults with little or no hope. Many of our Children went through the Y2K nonsense. The End times videos flood the market. Why would we expect them to have Hope? To believe in a Future? Ever hear of WORLD WITHOUT END?

The Rapture is not in 2010, or 2012. It is not even a future event. The Date is Good Friday, 29 A. D.

The Cry at Death provided the needed Trumpet:

(ISAIAH 58:1) Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a

trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of

Jacob their sins. (KJV)

Their transgressions and their sins are hanging before them on a cross at Golgotha.

Jeremiah shows the Rapture, as it concerns Jesus, it had to be fulfilled when Jesus went up to Jerusalem:

(LUKE 18:31) Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them,

Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by

the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. (KJV)

(JEREMIAH 4:19) My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart;

my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou

hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war. (KJV)

Jesus as He cries out on the Cross, the Cry is the Trumpet sounding. The Lord Descends as Jesus has to go into hell, and we are changed as Sottish Children in 4:22.

(JEREMIAH 4:20) Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the

whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my

curtains in a moment. (KJV)

Jesus is made all things cursed because He takes sin, so all destroyed in Christ, the Curtains is the Veil in the Temple being ripped. And there is Paul’s MOMENT or Twinkling of an eye.

(JEREMIAH 4:21) How long shall I see the standard, and hear the

sound of the trumpet? (KJV)

Jesus still crying out at Death. His heart ruptured, and as the blood pumped into the Body cavity His cry is heard, Jesus bleed to death. The Blood had to be pumped into the Cavity as Jesus was still alive. Piercing the side showed what happened.

(JEREMIAH 4:22) For my people is foolish, they have not known me;

they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they

are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge. (KJV)

(JEREMIAH 4:23) I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form,

and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. (KJV)

Looking at the dead body of Christ. The Heavens have no light for the light of the world just descended into hell.

The Falling away first is when all deserted Jesus, Jesus has all sin, He is the man of sin who is revealed, God could not even look upon Him. He sits upon the Throne of God, Showing Himself to be God (Jesus is the House of David, AS GOD the day of the cross as Zechariah 12:8 shows, also seen as the Angel of the Lord for He is dead part of this day.) Exalting Himself above all that is CALLED CALLED CALLED God, Not what really is God. And what was worshipped was in error then also.

So the Dead rise with Christ.

(ISAIAH 26:19) Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body

shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy

dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead. (KJV)

With His stripes past and present sins ended, Then Jesus took Future sins to Golgotha. Fulfilling Daniel 9:24 to the Jot and Tittle:

(DANIEL 9:24) Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon

thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of

sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in

everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy,

and to anoint the most Holy. (KJV)

The SEAL kept the Disciples and Paul from seeing all sin as accountable unto man was paid in full at Golgotha, and Jesus rendered to mankind His righteousness in Job 33:26.

There is an example in the book of Acts:

(ACTS 19:19) Many of them also which used curious arts brought

their books together, and burned them before all men: and they

counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of

silver. (KJV)

The Video’s. the books written about the end of the world coming, BURN THEM.

Ken

it wasnt the aztec, it was the mayan calender that ended sometime in december in 2012 not 2010

user posted image

This is the only type of rapture that has occurred, is occurring and will occur at the end of every Root Race Cycle!

yes.gifyes.gifyes.gif

There are Jews who believe in Christ.  Not the majority obviously, but enough.....

764084[/snapback]

That would make them Christians.. obviously. That's what Christians were.. Jews who believed in Christ...

I believe the term is Messianic Jews. Yes, they are Christians, but they are also Jews (as opposed to Gentiles). The Messianic Jews still hold many of the OT laws which Gentiles (ie most other Christians) do not generally deem needed.

All the best,

Edited by Paranoid Android

The Rapture is not in 2010, or 2012. It is not even a future event. The Date is Good Friday, 29 A. D.

764565[/snapback]

As I said earlier, the Rapture as a future event is only one possible interpretation of scripture.

So is your interpretation Ken. It is as plausible as any other.....

All the best,

Paranoid Android.

Sorry, Jesus said different:

(LUKE 18:31) Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them,

Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by

the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. (KJV)

Isaiah is a Prophet, Isaiah had to be fulfilled the day of the cross. When all the old Testament prophecies concerning Jesus was fulfilled, and all concern Jesus.

With the Earth casting out the Dead when Jesus rose, You will have a very hard time coming up with anyone for a FUTURE Rapture. They are already Home with God..

Jesus took sin, Spiritually dead as in Hell, then “With His stripes we are healed.” or resurrected from the Dead. The Second and third physical days are Future similitudes for events all fulfilled the day of the cross.

(JOHN 19:28) After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now

accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I

thirst. (KJV)

Jesus has to drink of the Fruit of the Vine, for the Kingdom has come, and allow Himself to die. This fulfills it all on His part. The VINEgar is made of Grapes.

(JOHN 19:29) Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they

filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to

his mouth. (KJV)

(JOHN 19:30) When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he

said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost. (KJV)

Ken

There my friend, is the difference between you and I. I do not hold so dogmatically to my belief.

I will always accept Jesus as my Lord and saviour, which is the most important thing being a Christian. Yet there is stuff in the Bible (the rapture for example) which is open to interpretation. As I always say, if it does not overtly affect my belief, then confine it to the realm of intellectual interest and discussion only.

For the record, my personal belief is that there is no such thing as the Rapture and that it is a man made construction invented by the Catholics. You will find no mention of the Rapture within the Bible itself.....

That said, I'm open to the possibility that my interpretation is wrong. But since it doesn't affect my faith either way, does it really matter?

Hey, fellow Radiohead fan???

Ahh, very interesting subject! I'm no expert on this, but people were saying year 2000 was gonna be the end, or that something big would happen. Nothing did! Disapointing, in an, odd sort of way. geek.gif

As one of the posters here said, the rapture and return was supposed to happen around 72 AD or 40 years after the crucifixion....didn't happen then so I wouldn't worry about it ever happening...just another religion made up of fairy tales, no better than Greek or Nordic mythology!

I think anyone that worries about the rapture and when it's going to come needs a life. I'm not trying to be rude but If you're a Christain you'll understand that God didn't just put us here to worship him byt to enjoy ourselves and make the best out of what we get. Any life lived worrying is n life lived. The end will come when it comes Nostra Domes was full of it anyway thumbsup.gif

I part you have a point. Like I said before the 'Rapture' isn't written anywhere. And God DOES want you to ENJOY YOUR LIFE. The Hebrews have freedom, they can do whatever they want in moderation, and they know when things are going well God is blessing them, whereas the Christian belief is upside down. They believe God is blessing them when they suffer, that's not true at all. Suffering may be a test but it definantly is NOT a blessing. God does not want you to be miserable. I have all the freedom I want and for the most part I know when to stop. Too much of anything can be bad for you.

The closest to my beliefs, as I've said before would have to be Messianic Judaism, but it still doesn't cover everything.

The Y2K was cute. Our calendars are 4 years off, so 2,000 A.D. was really in 1996.

Could be worst. You could be one of them who is still eating spam. Those who produced Generators made out quite well.

It would have been nice to record all the Y2K prophets on the False Prophet list. It is not like you get to keep giving out prophecies until you get one right. One wrong and you are ESTABLISHED as a False prophet.

A lot of Television Ministries should have had the plug pulled.

So they wait. Isaiah was a real prophet:

They all left with Jesus, No other busses run on that line. Hell ended the third day. They tore the bus stop down. Or was that a Train?

(ISAIAH 6:1) In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord

sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. (KJV)

Yep, It was a Train.

Ken

I have been a christian all my life and the chapter revalations talks about the end of the world. It says that the rapture will occur and Jesus will take all of the bielivers to heaven. The main question is when? I was at church one day and it hit me, the pasture said "I believe that the rapture will occur soon because all what is happening." 9/11, the Sanfrancisco and Turkey earthquakes, SARS and AIDS outbreaks, nuclear weapon programs, the invasion of Iraq and Afganiston, the bombings in London, and these are just recent. Think about it, The Manhaton project, and in the bible, it talks about the water boiling, that's what occurs when a thermo-nuclear bomb goes off. So, it seems that the rapture will happen sometime in the near future, but when? Well, the Aztec calendar ends on the year 2010, and that seems like a great time for every beiliever to go to heaven, and the anti-christ comes to earth. Im not trying to scare anyone, im just saying that all the world might go to hell (literaly) in the year 2010. It might be the time when nuclear war breaks out.

761736[/snapback]

Rapture stuff is all a bunch of baloney. Rapture theology is fairly a new concept that didn't excist until the first part of the 1800's.

Listen kid. Today could be the last day of your life. Did you say your morning prayers? Your way to young to be worrying about the end of the world. Relax for Christ Sake. Just be as good as you can be. Love thy nieghbor, right?

And if you want to learn about Aztec, Mayans or Whatever do it. Ant a sin to learn.

God Bless you child. Now get off the computer and go play outside.

There my friend, is the difference between you and I.  I do not hold so dogmatically to my belief.

I will always accept Jesus as my Lord and saviour, which is the most important thing being a Christian.  Yet there is stuff in the Bible (the rapture for example) which is open to interpretation.  As I always say, if it does not overtly affect my belief, then confine it to the realm of intellectual interest and discussion only. 

For the record, my personal belief is that there is no such thing as the Rapture and that it is a man made construction invented by the Catholics.  You will find no mention of the Rapture within the Bible itself.....

That said, I'm open to the possibility that my interpretation is wrong.  But since it doesn't affect my faith either way, does it really matter?

765869[/snapback]

Edited by Dang

Yes Dang has a point. I was raised Roman Catholic until 13 when I started mixing it with Judaism, and the only time I ever heard of the word 'Rapture' was when I was about 14 and some rather anoying Born Again's started thumping it....

I have been a christian all my life and the chapter revalations talks about the end of the world. It says that the rapture will occur and Jesus will take all of the bielivers to heaven. The main question is when? I was at church one day and it hit me, the pasture said "I believe that the rapture will occur soon because all what is happening." 9/11, the Sanfrancisco and Turkey earthquakes, SARS and AIDS outbreaks, nuclear weapon programs, the invasion of Iraq and Afganiston, the bombings in London, and these are just recent. Think about it, The Manhaton project, and in the bible, it talks about the water boiling, that's what occurs when a thermo-nuclear bomb goes off. So, it seems that the rapture will happen sometime in the near future, but when? Well, the Aztec calendar ends on the year 2010, and that seems like a great time for every beiliever to go to heaven, and the anti-christ comes to earth. Im not trying to scare anyone, im just saying that all the world might go to hell (literaly) in the year 2010. It might be the time when nuclear war breaks out.

761736[/snapback]

I believe the rapture will happen at the end of the tribulation period, the last 7 years till the end. Those that think it can happen anytime are in error.

The rapture will probably happen shortly after the two witnesses in Revelation are raised from the dead and raptured up.

I am inclined to believe that the ufo aliens are the angels of God, and ufos are the same as the charriots of fire in the old testament. So, if this is true the second coming of Jesus will be a ufo invasion, with ufos piloted by angels, coming at the earth from all directions at once. The dead Christians will be reunited with their physical bodies and the Christians that are alive will be changed. Then the rapture happens and the resurrected dead and the living Christians will be levitated up to meet the Lord in the air, probably to join angels inside of ufos.

Then the Lord and the angels and saints will come back down and destroy the armies of the Earth at armageddon in the land of the middle east. The angels will be sent out to gather the sinners and throw them in hell. Then Jesus will set up His kingdom on earth, ruling and reigning with his saints for a thousand years.

That is how I see it happening according to scripture up to the time of the millenial reign of Christ.

I believe the Ezekiel chapter 38 and 39 prophecy must happen even before the tribulation period starts. So it looks to me like the rapture is a long way off.

761736[/snapback]

I believe the rapture will happen at the end of the tribulation period, the last 7 years till the end. Those that think it can happen anytime are in error.

The rapture will probably happen shortly after the two witnesses in Revelation are raised from the dead and raptured up.

I am inclined to believe that the ufo aliens are the angels of God, and ufos are the same as the charriots of fire in the old testament. So, if this is true the second coming of Jesus will be a ufo invasion, with ufos piloted by angels, coming at the earth from all directions at once. The dead Christians will be reunited with their physical bodies and the Christians that are alive will be changed. Then the rapture happens and the resurrected dead and the living Christians will be levitated up to meet the Lord in the air, probably to join angels inside of ufos.

Then the Lord and the angels and saints will come back down and destroy the armies of the Earth at armageddon in the land of the middle east. The angels will be sent out to gather the sinners and throw them in hell. Then Jesus will set up His kingdom on earth, ruling and reigning with his saints for a thousand years.

That is how I see it happening according to scripture up to the time of the millenial reign of Christ.

I believe the Ezekiel chapter 38 and 39 prophecy must happen even before the tribulation period starts. So it looks to me like the rapture is a long way off.

769471[/snapback]

KNOW THE TRUTH>>>

In 1827 Darby left the Anglican priesthood and by 1831 was among the leaders of the Plymouth Brethren, a non-denominational movement which denounced mainline Christianity. He began to teach that the true church would need to be removed from the earth in order to make way for the completion of God's dealings with the Jews. He named this secret removal of the church the Rapture. This belief was something completely new in Christianity. No previous Christian, neither Catholic nor Protestant, had ever proposed or taught such an thing.

761736[/snapback]

769471[/snapback]

KNOW THE TRUTH>>>

In 1827 Darby left the Anglican priesthood and by 1831 was among the leaders of the Plymouth Brethren, a non-denominational movement which denounced mainline Christianity. He began to teach that the true church would need to be removed from the earth in order to make way for the completion of God's dealings with the Jews. He named this secret removal of the church the Rapture. This belief was something completely new in Christianity. No previous Christian, neither Catholic nor Protestant, had ever proposed or taught such an thing.

769485[/snapback]

Now, you begin to know the truth

Darby coined the name rapture, but there is a scripture in the New Testament that does describe the levitating of the saints up to meet the Lord in the air. It is not called the rapture in the bible, but it CERTAINLY is in the bible.

1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Then we whic are alive and remain shll be caught up to gether with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The saints rising up to meet the Lord in the air has been known to the Christian church since the first century.

Darby gave it a name and called it rapture. The bible does not call it that, but it is really in the bible.

You're all wrong. No one's floating up t the sky, nor a UFO. When Yeshua returns, you're gonna know about it, and it's just not going to be that easy. I'll give you a hint, you're all going to get a taste of hell when you that happens. Remember what ste off Noah's flood? There's another hint.

When you know how you're going to die, you have a tendancy to just accept it, there's really nothing else you can do.

761736[/snapback]

Hi wink2.gif

I dont know about the aztech calendar or 2010, but ther is a lot to say that the day is coming relatively soon.

For example, when you take the words of Jesus speaking in the bilical metaphor for israel - the fig tree:

Matthew 24:32

"Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near.

Hosea 9:10

"When I found Israel, it was like finding grapes in the desert; when I saw your fathers, it was like seeing the early fruit on the fig tree. But when they came to Baal Peor, they consecrated themselves to that shameful idol and became as vile as the thing they loved.

Therefore when israel is doing well the day will approach:

Psalm 102:16

For the LORD will rebuild Zion and appear in his glory.

Other prophecies talk about the attacks on israel when first born e.g 1947:

Revelation 12

The Woman and the Dragon

1A great and wondrous sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. 3Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads. 4His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born

WITH

Genesis 37: 9 Then he had another dream, and he told it to his brothers. "Listen," he said, "I had another dream, and this time the sun and moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me."

God is building up Israel because for Jesus to come back the leadership of israel have to welcome him back by saying 'Baruch aba Hashem adonai' - Blessed is he who comes in the name of the lord

Matthew 23: 37"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing. 38Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.'[d]"

Jesus the Messiah is coming back to jerusalem and to an israeli/ Jewish east jerusalem. In particulr, Mount Zion where the Dome of the Rock is, will be the Jews Holy place yet again.

Zechariah 8:3

This is what the LORD says: "I will return to Zion and dwell in Jerusalem. Then Jerusalem will be called the City of Truth, and the mountain of the LORD Almighty will be called the Holy Mountain."

Zechariah 14:4 NIV

On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem,

The talk about a nuclear War is an assumption based on this verse, concerning what the lord does at the battle of Armageddon, to those who attack Israel:

Zechariah 14:12

This is the plague with which the LORD will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

Therefore watch israel and you will see the day approaching:

Isaiah 2:3

Many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

Zechariah 12:3

On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves.

Romans 11: 1I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew

11Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious. 12But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their fullness bring!

All Israel Will Be Saved

25I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

"The deliverer will come from Zion;

he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.

27And this is[f] my covenant with them

when I take away their sins."[g]

great.. another one.

You know... using bible quotes to try ands tell people who don't take stock in the bible is pointless? Not only that.. but we've seen those quotes atleast twice already in this thread alone.