Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Unorthodox Beliefs

Shima Honnou

Alright. Now, noone here probably knows me at all, so I'll explain something. This is in fact my second post in this web-forum. My first was actually involving the Dogman of my native Michigan. Anyway, I figured, since this is the spirituality forum...why not take the time to type out what I believe?

So you know, I have an alterior motive for this. I often find myself explaining this to people I know, so I figured I should have it written somewhere. This particular topic has the distinction until I finish typing and hit "Post New Topic" and copy it into a Wordpad file.

Feel free to ask me questions or whatnot, and I don't mind a good debate, as long as it does not become an argument (But of course, that will be done over e-Mail or AIM. Or in the other Sub-Forum).

If you really want to know, all this came to me over a few years, as I have insomnia. Mind you I'm not quite an imaginative person when it comes to stuff like this. Might be a gift of knowledge, which I'll explain later on.

Well, let's get started already, eh!

---The Beginning and Of The Gods---

Well, I don't know if there IS a beginning per see. But I think there are infinite universes, a Multiverse if you will, based around a single empty universes, wherein the beginning God would be. Worship to this God is usless, because in each Universe, there are a number of Planes, within which a single God rules.

To actually worship a God, you'd have to have that God's element in your heart and your actions. If you love to hate, than no matter what you say, you worship the God of Hate. When you die, that God's Plane is where you go. Note that their is a Plane of Existence, which we all live in now, but no God here. If your existence is the most important thing to you...well, that's probably why we have Ghosts.

I myself find knowledge and intelligence to be one of my higher concerns, so I worship the God of Knowledge, or in my case Goddess. Gods have no real form, but our mind has enough power to give them a form to ourselves, and my mind's eye happens to see a female.

My guess is that each Universe is just a copy of the others with different events, so all the Gods in those are the same as here, but not the same God rules over the same Plane in two Universes. To make that simple to understand, let's say an actor on a show is replaced. Same show, different actor. Kind of like that, just worded alot differently.

---Of "Angels and Devils"---

Eventually, the Gods would of course take interest in the spinning rocks of the Universe. And of course, some Gods would have enemies, example: I doubt the God of Life and the God of Death are the best of friends.

Well, the saw I see it, this is in the form of placed creatures. Some would call them Spirits, other Sprites, some Angels, other Demons. I prefer "Demon" because the Japanese pretty much view even kind strange creatures with the same word, Youkai. I just translate it into Demon instead of Spirit, but that's me and my foibles.

Of course, Demons would have the same allies and enemies of their Gods. So, an example, a Fire Demon wouldn't take a fancy for an Ice Demon or whatever other example you can think of.

Now, Demons can probably live alot longer than us, cause most Demons are considered immortal, even in Greek legends where they were all killed by dudes with swords and mirrors and clubs. That is important for one reason. They'd be smart as hell and they'd evolve technologically alot faster.

This, to me, explains things like artifacts found underground where 150 million years ago would be the surface of, things like that nuclear-blasted island from 10,000+ years ago, etc. But, of course, wars have winners and losers, and sometimes you get crazy nuts with guns. Except Demons would have something a bit more like magic. That can be important when you consider this...

Sometimes, alot of stuff dies out pretty quick. It's been proven that the meteor that hit this place about 65 million years ago happened a while before or after that time, like 30,000 (Maybe 300,000?) years. In Science Years, that's long enough to make it unimportant, and thus not what killed the Dinosaurs off. My explaination? A Demon got too strong and went nuts on this world. Which would probably explain why we don't have big 'ol Demon cities all over the place by now, they all got blasted too.

But, even then, something has to survive. The hardier Demons would probably survive, given that's the way things tend to work. A modern example is found in fishkeeping: You can probably microwave a goldfish and won't kill it, but a Runny-Nosed Tetra can hardly handle the net when you buy it. These Demons, though, would probably have a disadvantage in population. Breeding with similar creatures is likely possible. This is possibly where we get modern creatures like wolves and foxes, both of which are notable as Demons in one culture or another (Werewolves and Kitsune).

In fact, they probably still exist today, although not as inconspicuous as the Sasquatch. Maybe they hide in Human or Animal form, both of which most Demons can do, although they often have some kind of tell, like sharp ears, a tail, strange eyes, etc. Maybe one day we will find each other and learn to live together, eh? Cause I believe that from Demons is where we got alot of early technology, most Religions, early language, what have you. You think we got this far in 1 million years with just fire and clubs? I don't think so, someone had to give us twinkies, microwaves, and the wisdom to use one in the other!

---Demon Lords---

Well, everyone knows about Jesus. If you don't...are you sure that you've heard of a little place called The US? Cause right about now that's all a few certain leader-like substitutes can talk about.

Anyway, I believe that there are Demon Lords. All Demons would logically have a cap to their powers and the usage of them, probably due to the Demon that blew up the world a long time ago (If you don't remember, why are you reading the middle of a post instead of down from the top?). Humans, given we don't have natural powers unless we are actaully part Demon and don't know it (A distinct possibility, actually. At least one kind of Demon often does not know it IS a Demon at all, even if it has two pure parents). But, if a Human is born without a soul, a Demon's soul or a disembodied soul that exists in this Plane would get sucked in. If it is a Demon, then you have a Demon Lord. A Human that has no cap to the Demon powers he has. There are of course several elements. I think Jesus was one, and had a Holy-oriented Demon's soul in him. Remember, he could heal, and he disappeared from his grave....cause he wouldn't be dead, not after unlocking his inner-Demon. For all we know, Jesus is reading this post right now.....but probably not.

As for elements, I'll list them, in no particular order.

-Holy

-Light

-Fire

-Ice

-Water

-Earth (Basically dirt and rock)

-Air/Wind

-Growth (That would be Plant, Nature, etc)

-Darkness/Shadow

-Evil

Even Humans and other creatures have those elemental orientations, and eventually they can have a very small amount of "magic" regarding their element.

---Evolution?---

Yep. Demons may have been placed, but we weren't. I believe we evolved, of course, too much proof for it, even if it is a theory. Even Demons are likely effected by evolution after so long existing, just slower (Cause they live longer).

Although, Aliens exist by simple logic. But it may or may not be Aliens visiting us. It might be Demons from another world checking in on allies or enemies, it might be Aliens that have existed well with Demons and didn't have one blast their world a long time ago.

---"What about sin?"---

Sin is just going agains't one God's rules, thus aiding an enemy. Technically it wouldn't affect what will happen when you take a dirt nap, at least not unless you pay lip-service and actually worship another God, and even then it's just where you go when you feed the Mongol death worms.

---"Will you keep yakking on?"---

Probably not, I think I'm done about now. Takes forever to explain stuff. But hey, if you are reading this sentence, thanks for wasting your time on me, otherwise move the little bar upward and start wasting your time.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shima Honnou

• Insight

• mako

• Paranoid Android

Top Posters In This Topic

You saw it here first folks. The birth of "Shima Honnouism."

Dirt Nap. I love it. Give us more. This is great.

Edited by Dang

Welcome thumbsup.gif

And congratulations on such an interesting first post. I look forward to bashing your ideas in the near future grin2.gif *joke*

All the best,

Man, it sure is easier to make up your own beliefs than it is to try and actually firgure out what really went on. I'm surprised more people don't do it!

Oh wait...

Interesting, how did you come up with all that? I like the stuff about the different plains and the multiple Universes. You lost me on the demons though.

Dang: It might be. Depends on if people actually adopt it. Up to them, before their dirt naps.

Paranoid Agent: Thanks for the welcome, eh.

Cody Lee Williams: Technically a few years.

Insight: I'm not sure if I thought this up by myself. Like I said, stuff just comes to me when I can't sleep. Oddly, the things that can be proven are normally true.

Darkwind: Think of Demons as such things as Werewolves, Kappa, Unicorns, whatever. Read slightly above for how I came up with it.

Insight: I'm not sure if I thought this up by myself.  Like I said, stuff just comes to me when I can't sleep.  Oddly, the things that can be proven are normally true.

What is proof? Technically, everything is taken on faith. Is seeing believing?

Seeing the sun move around the earth Proved that the sun moved around the earth.'

Tracking the movements of stars and planets proved that the earth moves around the sun.

Seeing the edge of the horizon proved the earth was flat.

But sailing around it proved it was round.

Countless experiments proved that the atom was the tiniest particle of matter.

But smahing it open proved that there were even tinier particles of matter.

Not being able to see what I think God would look like proves God isn't real.

But seeing what God actually looks like when God comes down to earth proves God is real.

Is seeing REALLY believing? Maybe believing is actually seeing.

Think about it...

I kind of meant stuff more like figuring out the RPM of my fan, not stuff like whether or not my belief is right. I'm sure you have a belief, even Agnosticism is technically a belief in unbelieving.

BTW, it's 1000 RPM on high. Cheap fan...most good ones can top 1500.

Paranoid Agent: Thanks for the welcome, eh.

773611[/snapback]

No worries - and it's Paranoid ANDROID. As in Marvin the paranoid android from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I aint no crazy paranoid conspiracy theorist now.

You should take up writing, you definitely could weave an interesting tale. I can't say that I agree with you on this one, except on thing; I believe in the multiverse theory but I don't believe in any form of god. Nonetheless, interesting. Welcome to the forum. original.gif

Paranoid ANDROID: Thanks for correcting me. It's how I like to learn.

Discordia: Actually, I am working on a novel about a rounin in the Sengoku age of Old Japan, but I've had writers block for a while now.

I notice that, like Christianity, Judaism and Islam, your religion is dualist....Oh well, I had hoped for more originality and for humanity to take responsibility for their mistakes and not blame them on the "Evil God". Satan - the ultimate cop-out yes.gif

Mako: Dualist? Maybe. But I don't blame the bad things on any particular God. I have very bad luck anyway, although my bad luck is not normal bad luck. For example: my computer can run a game that I got for $50. It meets all of the highest specifications from the company. And yet it does not work right. I am so angry at that. I also don't like to blame my problems on anything in particular. Like I say..."I know I suck, dammit."

Also I don't think Satan is a God, but rather a Demon that went agains't his God. Which might be a good thing, we don't know if the God the Christians worship is good or not, we have mixed lessons (And by we, I mean the royal we: me!)

Dualist in that you have two gods, the good god and the bad god. If Satan is only a demon, then why do Christians ascribe god-like powers to him? He is ever bit a god (and probably a more effective one at that) than is YWHW in any of this three multiple personalities! yes.gif

Actually, I probably have as many Gods as the Hindu religion in a way. I just mention that its in the nature of one thing to naturally have an opposite, not necessarily an "evil" of it per see. At least I think that's what I said, I have a strange way of wording things.

Dualist in that you have two gods, the good god and the bad god.  If Satan is only a demon, then why do Christians ascribe god-like powers to him?  He is ever bit a god (and probably a more effective one at that) than is YWHW in any of this three multiple personalities!  yes.gif

774697[/snapback]

Christians say that there will be a gigantic battle between the forces of God and the forces of Satan in the end days. They also say that the forces of God will win, but then, when I was in high school, that is what they said about the girls basketball team, just before they went out and lost. (I quietly predicted our team would lose . . . I was right about 95% of the time, they were just terrible.) grin2.gif