Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nadia B.

Snopes

36 posts in this topic

So, I was doing a Snopes check (haven't been there in a while) and came across this page. This is some of the messages the Mikkelsons get from folks wanting answers. If you think you see some silly things on UM, read this.

Snope-unanswerables

laugh.gif

"DRIED PIDGEON MANURE IF IT MAKES CONTACT WITH YOUR EYE, WILL CAUSE YOU TO GO BLIND?"

I dunno, let's find out!!

how much would a penguin egg cost to buy and ship to texas email me as soon as you get the answer to this question bcuz i would like to buy a penguin egg so please email me asap!!!

Is Ciara a MAN????? PLEASE ANSWER ME BACK!!!!!

huh.gifwacko.gif

Here's my favorites.

"If you sneeze and get into an accident, are you still at fault? Are there any laws?'. I've actually wondered this myself. tongue.gif

"Have you heard anything about a palm rub done when someone is shaking or holding hands that indicates they want to have sex with you? It sounds like some kind of secret sex handshake — and I've heard nothing about it till today."

"A friend of mine asked me if I've ever hear of invisible witches or ghosts that suck the blood out of a person's arm while they are sleeping. Apparently, she saw "marks" on her boyfriend's arm and this was the story that he told her."

"Is some one can tell me how to read expire date on corona beer box/bottle. code I have on box is DC08C088. What this mean. reply me ASAP." laugh.giflaugh.gif

"They say that if a person has a pet cat and dies, if the person's body is not found fairly soon after death, the cat, having not been fed, will become ravenously hungry and eat the dead person's face off — JUST the face!

Is this true? My cat often looks me in the face. I used to think he was just being friendly. Now I know he's just sizing me up, like a chef at a butcher shop, waiting for "the big day". Since hearing this rumor, every time my cat licks his chops it gives me the willies!"

"My younger sis heard: in order for a cologne/perfume/fragrance to be compatible to one's body chemistry, spray a sample and then lick it. If the taste stings the tongue, it is not suitable; no sting — it's a good match.

Please advise before I test the handful of colognes I've been using!"

Heres some I chuckled at.

I've heard that it is impossible to take a lightbulb out of your mouth once one puts it in, without either breaking the bulb or dislocating the jaw.

Do you know if this is true? I'm counting on you - my husband is really curious, and I don't want to have to drive him to the hospital...

can you tell me if there any subjects that have not been tainted by an urban legend in anyway shape or form?

Can you give me ANY statistics about urban legends on the internet? Anything!!! My speech is due monday and I have to have a few statistics in it.

I hope no one tries any of these! dontgetit.gif

Why would someone wanto put a light bulb in their mouth? Honestly what is it going to prove considering both consequences were equally bad.... :huh:

...I Dont understand what goes through peoples minds now a days :blink:

Why would someone wanto put a light bulb in their mouth? Honestly what is it going to prove considering both consequences were equally bad.... :huh:

...I Dont understand what goes through peoples minds now a days :blink:

Just be happy it's their mouth not somewhere else. :P

LMAO, I forgot I posted this. :rofl: I needed this laugh. :lol:

LMAO, I forgot I posted this. :rofl: I needed this laugh. :lol:

Well it's true isn't it. :tu:

Eerily enough, yes. :blink: Poor, poor stupid people. :no: I think I have a blinkie for them. Hang on..............here it is.

user posted image

:tu:

That cat one made me laugh out loud! Wait a minute....... why is my cat staring at me? :P

I'm 19 and from Yuma, Az and I would like to know if this myth I'v been hearing is true? By m********ing it helps the chance by not getting cancer? Is that true?..also I'v hurd other myths about m********ion and don't know if those myths are true or not. But I would like to know about the question I asked befoe.

Pffft, you wish! :rolleyes:

Pffft, you wish! :rolleyes:

Hahaha that one sounds like one some friends of mine told their girlfriends a couple of years back.

Oral sex and the swallowing of the..well ya know ;) .. makes your breasts bigger. :D

Sad thing is they believed it to. :D

Oral sex and the swallowing of the..well ya know .. makes your breasts bigger.

Sad thing is they believed it to.

:w00t:

Some of those are funny. I actually want to know the answer about the stuck contact one.

Edited by rickfury188

Are you serious? :huh: Can't you just put some of those contacts drops in your eye or something?

Are you serious? :huh: Can't you just put some of those contacts drops in your eye or something?

yeah isn't that where that eyedrops stuff is for?

Can cocoa butter get rid of stretch marks?

It's weired they couldn't answer this one, the answer is, no, but it can visibly reduce them quite significantly. Geez! the answer for this in, Cleo . :yes:

is it true that if you take already been chewed gum and put it in an orange peel and put it in the refigrator for 4-6 weeks and then eat it will it be acid? Yes, but don't sit it too close to the mayo or could cause a rift in space/time, which would have devastating effects on the use by dates of your Carona's.

can you tell me how i would analyze the effect each statistic has on the world.

I just love this one, because it's so simple yet so incredibly pointless..... :wub:

One more must add.....

Is it true that a girl cannot get pregnant if her mate smokes the seeds of marijuana when he smokes marijuana, please tell me if this is true because a lot of people tell me it is true and a lot of people tell me it's not and I don't know whaether to believe it or not because this town lies a lot. thanks.

Pure gold! :tu:

..funny people this days... and i was about to try the one that spary perfume on your palm and lick it, if it stings its not for you and if doesnt, it is for you... cant belive i was about to do that!!!!

people this days...

how much would a penguin egg cost to buy and ship to texas email me as soon as you get the answer to this question bcuz i would like to buy a penguin egg so please email me asap!!!

Someone’s in desperate need of a penguin egg? :huh:

Well, Kryso, that's what the "asap" would imply. :rofl: On some of these, I really wouldn't ask too many questions, lol. :blink:

I'm 19 and from Yuma, Az and I would like to know if this myth I'v been hearing is true? By m********ing it helps the chance by not getting cancer? Is that true?..also I'v hurd other myths about m********ion and don't know if those myths are true or not. But I would like to know about the question I asked befoe.

Actually, it does lower your risk for getting prostate cancer. However, doing it five times a day would not be a good idea.

:no:

Hilarious!! Here my take on a few:

"If you sneeze and get into an accident, are you still at fault? Are there any laws? "

Yes, you are fully liable for any damages. But, you would not be criminally negligent.

"Is the government really as controlling and secretive as books make them out to be? Are there really tons and tons of secret spies all over the world?"

Yes, there are lots of "spies" and is an important aspect of national/world security. There is a current recruitment effort for more human "spies", as technology such as satellites and such can only do so much.

"I have heard beggars can make a nice $100,000 salary, I was wondering if this is true."

It would not be unusual for a professional beggar to take in several hundred dollars a day.

"My friend swears that you can't be prosecuted for stealing a dead body because it has no intrinsic value. Is this true?"

No. Theft is the unlawful taking of any property, intrinsically valuable or not, and one can always be prosecuted. Stealing a dead body creates other legal problems as well, such as tresspassing, destruction of private property(digging) not to mention being sued by the family of the deceased. Also, I think that some states make this crime a felony.

"Is it also true that cockroaches can survive an atomic blast?"

Not if its in the blast radius. What that legend refers to is that cockroaches can survive higher levels of radiation from an atomic blast as opposed to humans and many other animals. But in the blast radius, a cockroach would be pulverised or incinerated.

"I've been told that if you snort powdered glass as you would cocaine, you will die. Is this just a rumor, or would it actually happen?"

Don't know about dieing, but one's lungs could get really messed up.

"People who get bite by a spider then get large bump on their body. The bump then erupps into hundereds of baby spiders. Can that realy happen?"

No, but there is at least one parasite that will do that. I think some country or location in South America has a problem with this. In any event, it's not a spider.

"Does the color pink really make a person feel weaker?"

Not weaker, but more passive, according to one prison or jail that painted its inside walls pink. Not sure if this has been proven to work. Probably not.