Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Cocklawburn Phantoms

schadeaux

© anomalies-unlimited.com

The Cocklawburn Phantoms

Cocklawburn Beach sits on the border between England and Scotland at a place called Berwick-upon-Tweed. The photographer says that day there was no one on the beach except for him and a woman in a pink jacket who was walking her dog. She can be seen midway between center and the left edge (the light spot).

When the picture was developed a row of 5 phantoms showed up on the left. It seems to be 3 adults and two children dressed in long dark coats. They stand in a row looking towards the photographer, just ahead of where the woman walking the dog is heading. Two of the adults hold their arms stiffly in back of them. The other does this with their left arm but looks as if they are holding one of the children's hands - except if that is the child's hand, the arm is coming at a strange angle from not-quite-it's shoulder, unless it's the opposite arm crossed over their chest. Which is, still, a strange position. The other child is off to the side and turned sideways to the group. They appear to be holding something in their arms that partially blocks their face - a baby? A doll? But that's the creepiest part - they don't have faces - no shadows or features can be seen. The beach has no trees, fences or poles that this would be mistaken for - the "Normal" beach where the phantoms are is as bare and straight as the rest of it. In other photos of the beach taken by this photographer, these figures aren't there.

The only ghostly history the beach seems to have is that a boy was killed in 1995 when a tunnel he was digging collapsed on him. In 1999, human remains of a man, which were estimated to be about 100 years old, were discovered in this same area of the beach.

This pic gives me the creeps.

Anomalies Unlimited

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PurpleStuart

• Druss

• schadeaux

• djdodo

"In other photos of the beach taken by this photographer, these figures aren't there."

I don't beleive they are in this one either.

blink.gif

I think it more likely that there were people there but the photographer didn't notice them.

I tend to agree with PurpleStuart here, if it wasn't for the fact the photographer claimed they weren't there at the time, I would have assumed it was simply a picture showing some ordinary people at the other end of the beach. The fact that they are wearing dark clothing further adds to the likelihood of the photographer not noticing them.

The site says "They don't have faces!" Well, no crap. The figures are a long way off, you can't blow up something the size of a pin and try to distinguish a face. I'll tow the party line here and say that the photographer probably didn't know they were there.

They have no faces.. did the photographers not think that tey cold be facing away from the camera?

ya, they seem like normal people looking off into the ocean to me.... huh.gif